• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BekiLL

BekiLL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

How hard is it to just simplify the map so people aren't completely confused before they even step into the place? The Battlegrounds waiting room only needs about 4 NPCS, the room could be a 9x9 cell room and it would be less retarded then its current set up.

And why does the PVP room lock you out for 5 minutes before you even get into an actual game? Is there any actual reason as to why this entire thing is set up so stupidly? It's almost as if they don't actually want people to play their game.

#2 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

5 minutes? Are you referring to battlegrounds?

#3 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

All the bg if that is what you are referring is seriously messed up on valk at least.

my favorite mess up that they have is the one where you change sides mid match.

Edited by TrueMaster, 25 May 2011 - 04:46 PM.

#4 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

To be honest I don't like how complicated the system is either. But to provide further honesty, the entire convoluted method of doing this is only in efforts to make sure the thing runs as intended. If players would actually divide up and do teams as intended it likely would only be about 8 NPCs, but due to needing "exploit prevention" the number of checks and counter checks goes up enormously.

There is not a perfect system integration of a PVP with reward system in RO, if it were only about fighting that is just a generic room, but to give it a focus and teams and rewards requires much more on the NPC and scripting end.

Right now I am very unhappy with the BG performance, we weren't getting complaints about it on Ymir/Yggdrasil so we considered our last fix a 'win" so we put it in Valkyrie last week and ran tests today, and lets say there is ALOT we need to do. It will not be fixed tomorrow, but we at least have a lot of data on where it is breaking so when we redo the scripts for next week we may be able to remove some of the complications, and add in better explanation at the same time.

#5 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Then don't bother updating BG to ymir/ygg yet until you satisfief with it. It's always Valk server that runs BG/KVM.

#6 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

Why is there a need for exploit prevention. Seems equal opportunity to me. -_-

#7 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:32 PM

KVM has been fixed. By just adding 400 KVM badges in lucky box things are working as intended.

Edited by HRdevil, 25 May 2011 - 10:33 PM.

#8 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

You probably aren't getting many complaints about it on Ymir because no one is using it to complain about it. I mean, who complains about PVP Nightmare mode?

#9 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

The way BG is ymir is dead on ymir is pretty disappointing cause some of us still need to get BG medals of honor. Specially with glorious rings easier to obtain. I really wish i could sell back some bg equips in exchange for reduced badges. I got a few weapons and gears i really wish i could sell back because they have become obsolete. I'm kicking myself for not taking the time to to farm for MoH back when BG began.

#10 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

Yeah, same. I want the MoH and have weapons that are pretty garbage now. Hello Assaulter Spear you useless piece of trash.

#11 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

KVM/BG were just fine the way they were beforehand.

The issue with BG is that the system is full of prerenewal equips that are useless now. The crowds won't be the same b/c the effectiveness of the gears aren't the same. Prerenewal assaulter spear was phenomenal, postrenewal it's -_-n garbage (as many of the other items).

KVM prizes are pretty much the same. Biggest draw were kvm rings, but with kaf blossom card being better and easier to obtain that's half of the incentive gone. Weaps are good depending on class but even then require high upgrades to really shine. Most won't bother to spend a month or more getting a weap solely from participating in kvm to break it going to +7.

The whole game received renewal, but BG was left out. So now it's pretty useless. Team assignments are the least of your concerns. Give people a reason to do it and problems with teams will solve themselves. I remember just being LUCKY to get into some matches as I spammed the NPC before renewal, those days would return if the prizes weren't utter bullcrap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users