• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

I have been seeing that the price of asprikas have been going down lately to as cheap as 1bil. Is it just slighty better than a +9 immune nigg or even a +9 deviant nigg. I hear that its horrible for WOE bacause it basicly does nothing. Should I invest in buying an asprika becuase its a god item and perhaps might get buffed in the future. Is asprika soley a Pvm equip only.

What would be best to sell my +9 deviant nigg and get an asprika?

Edited by Jimmyawake, 25 May 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#2 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

If all you want is a highly overpriced teleport clip, go ahead and buy yourself a aspirka. That is all its good for.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

It's not even as good as a non-upgraded Nid.

As far as I can tell from my testing, the 30% reduction isn't applying to Neutral attacks at all. Damage basically tripled from normal attacks when switching from my Immune Nid to the Asprika.

The elemental resistance for everything else seemed slightly inferior to a Nid.

#4 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

B> asprika 500M Valk /gg

#5 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

It's not even as good as a non-upgraded Nid.

As far as I can tell from my testing, the 30% reduction isn't applying to Neutral attacks at all. Damage basically tripled from normal attacks when switching from my Immune Nid to the Asprika.

The elemental resistance for everything else seemed slightly inferior to a Nid.

Is that with physical attacks or neutral casts like comet?

#6 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

If you need a garment, get a nyd instead imo.

If you want a good PVM god item, get a bryn. Bryn is pretty amazing.

#7 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Is that with physical attacks or neutral casts like comet?

I was trying both neutral attacks and neutral skills, no neutral skills though.

#8 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

Did they change the reduction to only apply to physical attacks? Or does it just seem broken that the reduction doesn't apply at all?

#9 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

Personally, only time I found asprika useful was on warlock when my defence didn't matter anyway and it freed up an accessory slot from the tele clip.

#10 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

It seems to work fine for me vs neutral element physical attacks.

The catch is, that a part of most physical attacks have no element (like status attack).

Example: Cart cannon with no weapon and no endow.
The % neutral reduction from asprika or nyd/immune nyd will do nothing. With equipped weapon, asprika will reduce on that portion of cart cannon damage based on weapon attack.

Example: Clashing spiral
The majority of damage of this skill (from the weight of the weapon) has no element. Neither asprika nor immune nyd (nor GR for that matter) will have effect to the weight-derived portion of damage.

There have been a number of past tests that have been done by people where either a weapon wasn't equipped, or a very low attack weapon was, and made incorrect general conclusions (like asprika failing to work at all).

#11 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:53 AM

BUFF MY BLOODY ASPRIKA ARGHARHGAHRHGARHAGHARHAGHARHAGHGHaHRHAGHGHSdfddddddddddddddddddddd

#12 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:54 AM

Asprika is basically only useful if you are mega lazy and dont want to switch to a teleport clip while not caring about your defense (only use i found was on my sorcerer when i want to wear 2x bris/bryn ... got kahii anyway so not like getting hit for more is a problem)

Just remember... it is working as intended...

Edited by Ardi, 26 May 2011 - 02:54 AM.

#13 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:04 AM

To be fair, asprika is an nice +30 flee gear. I used it before getting an slotted undershirt with pantie combo (combo gives +5 agi than asprika).

Being as useful as a 10m items is enough for a God item. Besides, pantie set doesn't have your name on it!

Edited by Kadnya, 26 May 2011 - 04:07 AM.

#14 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

but asprika still adds the defense and % reduction compared tho whisper pantie

#15 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:02 AM

I use asprika for the flee and damage reduction. It makes it easier to mob when running by/through singles doesn't cause hit flinch (DG, AL3, Thors 3).

I also use asprika against mobs with strong elemental attacks of different elements (okolnir maze).

For some characters, I also use asprika in WoE. Magic is fairly weak to begin with; I'd rather reduce endowable strong physical attacks (stormblast, knuckle arrow, poison endow KvM GX).

Being how much easier asprika is to make than any other god item, I'd say it works ok for its creation difficulty. The bigger problem is all garment reductions only working on weapon attack.

#16 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:17 AM

Aesprika only reduces w.atk/e.atk from physical attacks. It does not reduce s.atk from players, and does not reduce ranged or magic attacks at all.

This means that against a player, Aesprika reduces overall melee damage by about 15% so will have no effect on dragon breath, gate of hell, cart cannon, clashing spiral, hundred spears (when we get the skill patch) any magic, the list goes on. Its pretty much just for the +30 flee, if that makes a difference between having 65% and 95% flee. Unfortunately since leveling in renewal requires mobbing thats pretty useless as well.

They would need to change it back to its pre-RE stats (-30% from all ELEMENTS) which would have the end result of ~15% reduction vs melee/ranged and 30% reduction vs magic. That would make it a better choice than uncarded Nyd mant, which currently it is not.

Maybe if they changed the +30 flee to +30 perfect dodge it'd be useful, but then a +9 immune valk mant would be better -_-

#17 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

Aesprika only reduces w.atk/e.atk from physical attacks. It does not reduce s.atk from players, and does not reduce ranged or magic attacks at all.

This means that against a player, Aesprika reduces overall melee damage by about 15% so will have no effect on dragon breath, gate of hell, cart cannon, clashing spiral, hundred spears (when we get the skill patch) any magic, the list goes on. Its pretty much just for the +30 flee, if that makes a difference between having 65% and 95% flee. Unfortunately since leveling in renewal requires mobbing thats pretty useless as well.

While I don't disagree that asprika (and raydric card) were much more significant pre-renewal, as far as your reply went, asprika *does* reduce gate of hell, cart cannon, clashing spiral, and hundred spears damage (the weapon atk portion).

#18 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:45 AM

B> asprika 500M Valk /gg

With things like this soon being true, I hope the gm team realizes their god item basically sucks because it doesn't do what it says it does.

#19 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

I use asprika for the flee and damage reduction. It makes it easier to mob when running by/through singles doesn't cause hit flinch (DG, AL3, Thors 3).

I also use asprika against mobs with strong elemental attacks of different elements (okolnir maze).

For some characters, I also use asprika in WoE. Magic is fairly weak to begin with; I'd rather reduce endowable strong physical attacks (stormblast, knuckle arrow, poison endow KvM GX).

Being how much easier asprika is to make than any other god item, I'd say it works ok for its creation difficulty. The bigger problem is all garment reductions only working on weapon attack.

Stop trying to justify your purchase of that fancy tele clip, no one is buying it. If it really was as useful as you say it is, you see a lot of people using it, and the price would be a lot more then 1 bil, like pre renewal days.

Face it, asprika is what it was in pre renewal.....asprika currently sucks ass and the Heim said "it is working as intended" after he tested it himself.

Edited by arsn89, 26 May 2011 - 07:25 AM.

#20 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

Stop trying to justify your purchase of that fancy tele clip, no one is buying it. If it really was as useful as you say it is, you see a lot of people using it, and the price would be a lot more then 1 bil, like pre renewal days.

Face it, asprika is what it was in pre renewal.....asprika currently sucks ass and the Heim said "it is working as intended" after he tested it himself.

Your posts makes claims (like asprika is not useful at all), but don't actually contain any proof to justify your claim. Your posts in this thread are baseless.

Definition: Baseless
-Without foundation in fact.

Edited by jax5, 26 May 2011 - 07:58 AM.

#21 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

Your posts makes claims (like asprika is not useful at all), but don't actually contain any proof to justify your claim. Your posts in this thread are baseless.

Definition: Baseless
-Without foundation in fact.

I'm not going to dig in these forums to pull threads showing the facts. Quite frankly I really don't care if you claim that my proof are baseless, I'm not the one stuck with a useless god item now am I? I was smart enough to pawn it off to the ignorant sap back in fall when I realized the GMs were not going to change it.

but there has been test even with pics(so yes, even for people like you to better understand) showing how asprika isn't of much use in pvp/WoE situation. All you stated was how it is useful in pvm, when even then there are better alternatives for it.

But really I don't care, go on and continue to justify "working as intended" broken god item.

#22 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

next time, make mvp's drop asprika. everything in-game is broken. what would you expect? everything is working as intended. that's why players are quitting they include that in their working as inteded list.

#23 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

just 1 thing becouse arrogants dont like the fixed asprika: "Only reduces physicall damage"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users