China used prisoners in lucrative internet gaming work - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

China used prisoners in lucrative internet gaming work

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:04 AM

http://www.guardian....net-gaming-scam

LOL

STOP BUYING ZENY!!!!!FREE US&A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sexytime, 26 May 2011 - 02:06 AM.

#2 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

LOL

My thoughts at first, when I saw this thread. But after reading the article, I can not even think of L'ing about it, let alone OL. It's actually pretty disheartening.

#3 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:06 AM

if they speak english they wouldv been used for call centers..

#4 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

its sad....

#5 Kolmogorov

Kolmogorov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:39 AM

Chinese prisoner and zeny scammers beat iRO GM LOL

#6 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

Chinofarmers? No! Chineseprisonerfarmers xD

#7 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

Welcome to communism

LIFE'S NOT FAIR

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

This really isn't new news. @@

#9 Kolmogorov

Kolmogorov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

Is this why all zeny scammers are Chinese?

#10 yarumasi

yarumasi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

If you read the article the reality of it is sick and disheartening.

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

There you have it ladies in gentlemen. Grinding in MMORPGs is like being in prison.

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

This is another reason why you should not buy from those sellers. It only gives them a reason to resort to this insidious act out of the fact that it gives them profit. And by buying the zeny, you are condoning their inhuman acts in an indirect manner.

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

Not to mention that many of these zeny seller operations are the ones trying to hack your accounts to sell your gear giving them money probably isn't such a great idea.

#14 faramith

faramith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

Makes me feel responsible for lots of those beatings :wink:! I remember I hunted down chinese farmers and Killed hundred daily on WoW to get PvP points and camped a lot of them! So they may had been punished irl for not getting enough gold :wink: Im sorry china friends!

#15 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

Makes me feel responsible for lots of those beatings :wink:! I remember I hunted down chinese farmers and Killed hundred daily on WoW to get PvP points and camped a lot of them! So they may had been punished irl for not getting enough gold :wink: Im sorry china friends!

Real amurikun hero imo, let em get beat they deserve it for not being from the same country as us

#16 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Damn... People in Chinese prisons get more time to excercise and play video games than I do..

#17 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

Damn... People in Chinese prisons get more time to excercise and play video games than I do..

I don't imagine you get the plastic tube beatings either, unless that's a form of punishment for not meeting your ticket quota?

It's just sad what crime has become in the digital world.

Edited by Nilami, 26 May 2011 - 12:57 PM.

#18 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

Somehow, I think that with most people who buy from these companies, they don't care so much about the inhumane way it's earned, so much as the size of their e-peni safety of their game accounts. Ban 'em all. e.e

I would hope that our GMs/CMs aren't beaten if they don't work hard enough, plastic tubes or otherwise. I'm all for cruel punishments though, mind you, as long as it involves spending the Lucky Box earnings on a donut-force-feeding machine. They'd never be able to look at a sprinkle again. I'm not sure exactly what it would accomplish and in fact I'm almost sure that game service would suffer because of it... but it would be cruel.

#19 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

We do get beatings...

Except instead of physically it is spiritually
and instead of socks filled with soap it is angry tickets and aspersions cast in our general direction.

those wounds just don't heal...

/tryingtobefunny

#20 BeIIe

BeIIe

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

We do get beatings...

and instead of socks filled with soap it is angry tickets and aspersions cast in our general direction.

/tryingtobefunny

:wink: I SHALL SAVE YOU, MY LADY!

/goesintoheroicmode

#21 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

There you have it ladies in gentlemen. Grinding in MMORPGs is like being in prison.

epic post is epic

We do get beatings...

/tryingtobefunny

Really, it isn't funny. Actually not at all. Truthfully, your comment is rather off color. That is to say, inappropriate.

Edited by Mischelle, 26 May 2011 - 04:25 PM.

#22 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Real amurikun hero imo, let em get beat they deserve it for not being from the same country as us

Hey I bet if the chinese people get the chance to become democratic they would but their government is just too oppressive and there's nothin they could do bout it

#23 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

If I got 200 support tickets a day I'd rather take the beatings =.=

Have you EVER worked in service? Or marketing? Or a brightly lit place where they force you to answer peoples questions in a nice happy tone?

I have.

Which is mostly why I joke around with it, but that's mainly what Heim and his support ticket team feels.

But really I think one of the reasons they get so many is because everyone thinks everything will solve itself with a ticket.
We're relying that system too much.

That being said I think I closed my last ticket a week ago or so.

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

I work in service. We support about 100 small businesses, averaging over 25 employees or so each, so 2,500+ customers. We're generally 'hammered'/'underwater' by about 80-100 support tickets with our current staff of 4. I imagine if our customer base were 10,000 people we'd need a staff of 12 for helpdesk. So on so forth. Unless gravity is using a lot of red ink, I don't see why they don't hire more helpdesk staff to alleviate employee stress and improve customer service. In my helpdesk, the manager doesn't want to hire a 5th, even though we often can't handle the incoming demand, because the way he sees it, we have slow days and busy days, but in general, 4 people can handle the average load. And he doesn't want to spend money on a 5th person unnecessarily (and people are expensive...! think about their annual salary..). But we all get stressed and the quality of service suffers. For a company to grow I think you need to eat that cost for the extra employee so that you can maintain customers and happy employees that ride through the company to tenure instead of quiting over the stress.

My helpdesk responds to and tries to resolve any ticket within 24 hours. We generally meet that except when hammered, and then 36 hours would be a stretch. since iRO's helpdesk takes something like 62 hours to respond to many tickets, my best guess is they're servicing like 15,000 people wit a helpdesk of like 8. they really should have more people because their customer service suffers from those ticket response delays.

Edited by Jaye, 27 May 2011 - 04:37 AM.

#25 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

They really should have the capacity to cover the tickets. Heim always says they are behind on them.

If you are behind, you need to find a solution. And if you current one isn't working, use another.
Either it means your current workers aren't good at their job, or that your staff for these tasks are too few.

I imagine being a Support Ticket GM at Gravity is a part-time job, so the "gm's" don't get the proper hang of it, even with training.

But then again, Heim refuses to tell us about the staff. If he did, I could point him in the right direction. After all, I have to work out solutions like these all the time where I am.

-Update:

The community is full of people that have good education, why not have them help?

Edited by AtlasThunderbeef, 27 May 2011 - 07:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users