Magnus exorcismus check - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Magnus exorcismus check

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

Magnus exorcismus is intended to be a doom AOE against certain classes, not an instant put down effect. I will grant that the aftercast delay is something that is being looked at.

Heim probably has a prerenewal outdated idea of ME being strong and casting fast, and probably doesn't believe how really bad skill it is right now and probably doesn't believe too that ME is the only leveling skill for archbishops because the new bishop skills are bad for leveling and partying is broken.... Here is a fast check on ME, and why it should be made useful:

ME (Heim's mid version):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFwq8gs4lRo&feature=related

However, here is ME, renewal realty version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4wKZ2O5yHI

On the first part, we can see ME takes a looooooooooong time to cast, while you have to pot and stand there. After ME is cast, you also have to stand there, pot in the afterdelay, and not get statused. If you are affected by, for example, stun; ME will stop dealing damage.
Now, when we have maxed status... ME is still too slow, and the damage is still low. For an ultimate AOE doom skill, as heim describe it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, let's take a look at how the other classes without the "ultimate doom AOE" deal with the same mobs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UuHLkHcCpI

This is a knight. she kills faster than our ME killer, and with really random gear. Each bowling bash does about double damage as our ME wave does, but without a hugenormus cast bar, forced element or forced race or dissapearing cells or having to stand there waiting... (I'm a horrible knight btw)

And finally:

This is a chaser. firing trap deals much more damage than our "ultimate AOE doom skill", doesn't have a 15 seconds cast bar, doesn't have delay, costs really few SP, and on top of that, I didn't even use pots liek with priest, because of autohealing. While using just eden group gears ^^.

Heim, Magnus Exorcismus is not the ultimate doom skill you think it is. At best, it is a really limited skill in usability with the longest cast bar in all skills, with low damage even among magic users. If you can not make this skill more useful (for example, changing it from its restricted form of only damaging 2 races to instead just do a holy AoE magic damage regardless of race); at least reduce the cast time of ME to match how useful this skill is. You could probably make ME instant cast and it would still be worse than most of the other classes attacks, but ME is the only leveling bishop hope.

Could you try lowering its cast time during this maintenance?

Thank you -_-

Edited by Kadnya, 26 May 2011 - 04:30 AM.

#2 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:37 AM

Fixed cast 1 second; variable cast : 9 seconds. And priest classes will have again an awesome skill.

#3 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:56 AM

For the love of god I hope Heim actually pays attention to this.
AoE of Doom is correct when he calls it that, but it's more deadly for the priest actually trying to use it, the monsters are pretty safe.

#4 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:06 AM

Given how long it takes ME to deal its damage (compared to say psychic wave) it could probably have no fixed cast. you have to tank stuff for quite a long time.

The alternative is to make Judex a worthwhile aoe, since 3x3 non-targeting aoe is just about the most difficult thing to hit stuff with imaginable. If an aoe has to have a 3x3 aoe is should be major deadly.

#5 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

Fixed cast 1 second; variable cast : 9 seconds. And priest classes will have again an awesome skill.

Noooo don't use words like awesome. He'll think it would become overpowered then instead of just useful again.

But yes that kind of cast would make it worth considering. Even if they changed it to do Holy dmg instead of only working on Undead, it would be far from a strong skill. Note I'm not even talking 3rd cls strong here.
It could be used when there is no good undead place in your level range if it was Holy.

Maybe someone should make a video showing how 1337 Arrow Vulcan is.

Edited by Charon, 26 May 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#6 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

Make it do holy damage, how good is a priest vs evil things skill if it can't damage everything that's "truly evil"?

Agreeing with all these posts!

#7 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

lol some priest i know has ME and he casts it in town sometimes to make fun of himself
2 days later, the cast is over!

now shut up you ABs and get leeched to 150 by buddies.
If you want to level, don't ask for level skills, make a 3-2 class char!

#8 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:45 AM

It's all about seal 2 now.

#9 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

respect for the way you went about your post and argument

#10 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

Althought this doesn't concern me, I managed to remind a piece of screenshot for ME during pre-RE.

Image~ (Izlude Arena sample, aco-mode, pre-RE)

I have no idea about the gears from that lil' screenie, but it's doing about 2 ~ 10 times more damage than Kaddie's ME (post-RE) even when Kaddie had 99 INT/DEX and a +7 D. Cross plus Spiritual Ring, which is Matk+210 plus Matk+10%. Not sure about her StatusMatk.

I'm totally agree with the community, such low damage doesn't deserve such Cast Time... and with catalyst too :wink:.

#11 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

I have no idea about the gears from that lil' screenie, but it's doing about 2 ~ 10 times more damage than Kaddie's ME (post-RE) even when Kaddie had 99 INT/DEX and a +7 D. Cross plus Spiritual Ring, which is Matk+210 plus Matk+10%. Not sure about her StatusMatk.

Khaliz has low mdef. The niff monsters have high mdef and the Disguise is Earth4 so no elemental weakness. I think renewal also nerfed bolt type spells since it applied MDEF per hit. Might have also affected ME since it does 10 hits per wave of damage.

Do one for Grand Cross, it's even more pathetic than ME.

Edited by olbaid, 26 May 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#12 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

lol some priest i know has ME and he casts it in town sometimes to make fun of himself
2 days later, the cast is over!

now shut up you ABs and get leeched to 150 by buddies.
If you want to level, don't ask for level skills, make a 3-2 class char!

HI BUDDY!!! leech my AB please!

Also Grand Cross is nowhere near as bad as ME.. just look at the cast times lol

#13 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

HI BUDDY!!! leech my AB please!

Also Grand Cross is nowhere near as bad as ME.. just look at the cast times lol

just because you are a freak and party ABs on your Geneticist for half Exp doesn't mean others are that freaky as well!

#14 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

just because you are a freak and party ABs on your Geneticist for half Exp doesn't mean others are that freaky as well!

Does this mean you won't leech me???

#15 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

A little brevity in your post could go a long way.

An ME buff would be nice but then the party system would get messed up even further if it got too buffed, even know no on is prolly partying priest class anyway. Need to find a better balance though cause right now it is defiantly garbage.

#16 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

Buffing ME.. WOULD NOT mess up partying even farther... it would allow ABs/HP/Priests to have the option of soloing for more than 1mil exp/hour when all the classes already have a more viable way of doing this.

#17 Gabe22400

Gabe22400

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

Given how long it takes ME to deal its damage (compared to say psychic wave) it could probably have no fixed cast. you have to tank stuff for quite a long time.

The alternative is to make Judex a worthwhile aoe, since 3x3 non-targeting aoe is just about the most difficult thing to hit stuff with imaginable. If an aoe has to have a 3x3 aoe is should be major deadly.

Why would you compare a job 1 skill to a job 3? ME isn't the only thing thats broken in Renewal. Most of the first and second class skills are no longer usable due to the cast time or damage formula.

#18 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

But at least when people do change to 3rd class, almost every class besides AB gets a shiney new high damage AoE. That can be used anywhere and most don't require a catalyst. (note i said almost)
All we're asking for is just to fix the one we already have which is still just a non-trans skill.

#19 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

Suggesting the GMs learned all they know about the game from watching the anime doesn't seem too far fetched, actually.

#20 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Why are you comparing a 2nd class skill vs 3rd class skill? Also what staff are you using?

#21 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

An ME buff would be nice but then the party system would get messed up even further if it got too buffed, even know no on is prolly partying priest class anyway.

priests can party priests :wink:

it is true that half of the 1st&2nd&trans skills are screwed up with renewal. nerf is fine, but a skill that is not useful at all is pointless...

and with renewal being more about the amount of mobs killed than skill or strategy, even worse now that every single class can solo mobkill BUT priests.

#22 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Note: I did say it needed a buff.

Suggesting the GMs learned all they know about the game from watching the anime doesn't seem too far fetched, actually.

If only. the poison skills from the anime actually seemed cool.

I want a new anime too with trans at least if they don't feel like doing the 3rds. It would be neat if it sort of included Woe in some way.

#23 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

Uh oh, this sounds like trouble.

I base all my decisions on the dynamics of truth presented in the Anime.

Oh by the Way, Holden was testing something yesterday, killed 1 GTB and got a card... So our luck at the office has now been drained.

#24 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

oh nice congratz =D

#25 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

Uh oh, this sounds like trouble.

I base all my decisions on the dynamics of truth presented in the Anime.

Oh by the Way, Holden was testing something yesterday, killed 1 GTB and got a card... So our luck at the office has now been drained.

Would be nice to see a reply on topic, seeing as your in the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users