Magnus exorcismus check - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Magnus exorcismus check

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 HEALTEE

HEALTEE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Uh oh, this sounds like trouble.

I base all my decisions on the dynamics of truth presented in the Anime.

Oh by the Way, Holden was testing something yesterday, killed 1 GTB and got a card... So our luck at the office has now been drained.

Can you ask Holden see if he wanted to trade that GTB card with some wp point?

#27 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

as said before, it doesnt matter how many exp events or ways to lvl there are or if there is a class that can kill better than another, seal 2 is the way to lvl now. abs can now lvl as fast as others (and they can memo the warps themselves!!!, pretty much making them one of the top two classes on ro with suras)

Edited by Andini, 26 May 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#28 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:51 PM

strange, there are other quests in the game that give multi millions of exp as well. And you don't have to keep using reset stones to do them the 1 time.

#29 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

But if you did them before the exp rewards were changed, your :wink: out luck now. lol

#30 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

strange, there are other quests in the game that give multi millions of exp as well. And you don't have to keep using reset stones to do them the 1 time.

I know of ONE other quest that gives a decent amount of exp, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional....

#31 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Quest_Table
Where?

All of the quests together=5,5m exp.

Well if you dont count report from new world which is wrongly giving 3m instead of 300k right now. (before you fix it, note that it's not even that great reward for how awful it is to do it.)

And you responded to off-topic lol. What about ME being AoE of doom?

Edited by Charon, 26 May 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#32 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

The seal two is such a frenzy on valk. I think the last one took 1-2 hours to close.

People at first were saying it was to expensive a way to level with X3 BM, but now people are just spamming it.

Cant blame em 18m mil base on VIP per round for a at most 15 minute quest.

#33 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

The seal two is such a frenzy on valk. I think the last one took 1-2 hours to close.

Compared to Ymir, that's a longass time. Ymir only needs 50 people to do the seal for it to be released.

#34 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Compared to Ymir, that's a longass time. Ymir only needs 50 people to do the seal for it to be released.

how long did it take for 50? "estimation"

#35 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

Why are you comparing a 2nd class skill vs 3rd class skill? Also what staff are you using?

Sorry for comparing a third class skill, it was just to show heim that ME wasn't the strongest skill against demon (even if it was, firing trap is still far superior: can be used anywhere, faster and leech HP at the same time s shown). but let me compare a second class skill with another second class skill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8zUMOAH9RM&feature=youtube_gdata

ME still losses.

Posted Image

This was the gear used for ME test, switching nile rose for a rosary to get the +30% damage to ME from the set, as well as the +10% matk from the +7 divine cross. Divne cross is kinda the strongest matk two handed staff I could get ^^;.

And this was the setup for the knight used:

Posted Image

I hope heim could give ME a try. If only Oda had chosen priest on his noob project, maybe priest would have any hope...

Are you saying it's ok for every other class to be able to play fine, while leaving priest doomed?

Like, "ME is working as intended?"

If so, I don't know what would you need to see so you could consider a change, really @@

Edited by Kadnya, 26 May 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#36 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

how long did it take for 50? "estimation"

Half hour, max.

#37 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

you should be happy people are buyin resets! and the thing is that, once you get the hang of the quest, you can do it w/o effort or lookin at the guide, its really short for the most part, like 7-9 min a run. can we get a colored bwing from kafra shop to go straight to niff?

#38 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

Half hour, max.

That's kinda rigged because I imagine it might take someone new more time that that.

#39 Zienare

Zienare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

Uhm... Just curious, isn't seal two dead? Tried doing it with my monk awhile ago but yeah... it doesn't work. x_x

#40 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

I also believe that the blue gem requirement should just be taken off, if it hasn't already.
I don't really think it was worth one per cast BEFORE renewal, since it had a far too long cast time back then too.

It sure as hell isn't worth a blue gem now.

#41 Skorch

Skorch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

Uhm... Just curious, isn't seal two dead? Tried doing it with my monk awhile ago but yeah... it doesn't work. x_x

I'm willing to bet you tried while the seal was closed (assuming it wasn't a bug of course). You have to do the quest while the seal is open. If you try and do it while the seal is closed, then nothing will happen.

#42 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

please tell me that this isnt one of those ideals where "if it doesnt affect woe it doesnt matter" surely you can work something out with magnus

#43 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

*Bump*

Magnus could really use a huge decrease in casting time, to leave it around 6 total seconds cast time.

And/OR

Drastically increase the matk of Judex. You could make Judex be the arch bishops leveling skill if Judex dealed a decent amount of damage. Kinda how crimson rock is a warlock targeted splash leveling skill, you could make Judex be the bishop targeted splash leveling skill.

Crimson rock does about 2800% matk in a 7x7 splashed area. How about making Judex a 2000% holy matk? Judex has only 3 x 3 area, so mobbing with judex is actually harder. A judex of 2000% matk might sound impressive, but you would be doing still lower the damage of other classes, but it would be in the range of useful skills. Maybe a bit larger delay, like 1 or two seconds instead of 0.5, and 1 second fixed cast time + 3 variable would be fair. Bishops could kill average mobs in two or three uses of judex or so.

#44 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

Yea, we got a decrease on my GC time and I loved that. Now i can actually level in NI more cost effectively as I don need to tank mobs for as long, but it is really sad that ME takes soooooooo long to cast. It is so limited already by race/element and costs a B Gem. It does't out damage my 9~13K per hit (30K+ total) GC (with just Long Horn and Shield Spell Lv1 Attack Buff). And to top all that off, its one of only a few priest leveling tools, I guess they don't want priest soloing too much as it was pre-renewal (Priest+Lv8 Spear Merc+Anubis = No priest t Party). Talking bout the first year of iRO Valk, with the item tun ins still around.

I dunno what they intend or what but, I must agree, It doesn't hae to e come any "AoE Doom" Skill or anything but it definitely needs some love.

#45 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

I honestly would rather see Judex and Adoramus buffed. One thing that excited me initially about renewal was the prospect of being able to create a caster Archbishop and deal damage rivalling the other caster classes with my new holy attack skills...but that didn't quite turn out like I was hoping.

The ability to create an offensive priest character is a rather fun and gimmicky concept. It would be nice if battle priests and caster priests were given more to work with. They don't have to become Suras, but some threatening offensive power wouldn't be out of character, IMO. Arch Bishops are servants of God after all. They should have access to face-melting Holy magic for smiting those unbelievers.

#46 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

Holy -_-... That's how ME is in renewal ? Pre-renewal my main was a ME HP and it was all geared up and I casted in about 2 seconds... and did good damage... Really, I think I'll never ever come back to this game.

#47 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

I think oratio does not increase to the damage dealt with ME... I tried yesterday with banshees and I didn't see any difference on the damage...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users