Phen in WoE - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Phen in WoE

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:17 AM

What if there is not a AB to pneuma you?
What is your answer?

Hide clip?

#27 Watt

Watt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

What is your answer?

Yaaa u edit your post gurl good for you. You should not be woeing if there is no AB with you anyway so just stop complaining and dying to those skills.

#28 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

Yaaa u edit your post gurl good for you. You should not be woeing if there is no AB with you anyway so just stop complaining and dying to those skills.

Someone said something about woe?
Gurl? what? I'm a dude. I will complain anything i want with the correct arguments? lol
Also anything you posted is related to the post?

Edited by FiskBlack, 27 May 2011 - 12:32 AM.

#29 Watt

Watt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

It is the phen in woe thread

gurl

#30 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

Someone said something about woe?
Gurl? what? I'm a dude. I will complain anything i want with the correct arguments? lol
Also anything you posted is related to the post?

You were talking about woe. IF you weren't, then you wouldn't be complaining about some skills being interruptable and others not. In PVP anyone can use phen, and all skills can become uninterruptable (aside from spellbreak).

I think she was being facetious.

I covered your question in my post above hers.

#31 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

You were talking about woe. IF you weren't, then you wouldn't be complaining about some skills being interruptable and others not. In PVP anyone can use phen, and all skills can become uninterruptable (aside from spellbreak).

I think she was being facetious.

I covered your question in my post above hers.

Posted Image

You got it! Good boy.

#32 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

^ You can stop GoH, CS, aaaaand Dragon breath with pneuma. Just sayin.

No you can't, because your AB will beaffected by the accumulation of skills that slow your casting and have a looong cast bar on pneuma. Interruptible too.

More than phen effect, I feel that woe is really unbalanced against classes who live for casting. There are so many new silencing new skills, slow your casting with skill X over your already slowed casting by skill Y, with forced flinching every second with other skills...

It may not affect melee classes as much, since some of their skills cast in less time than the one second between flinching, or because they work normal without casting, GX meleeing on EDP/new poisons for example, but for us classes with longer cast times, somekind of balance would be nice.

Maybe change it so you can't accumulate skills that lower casting over skills that lower casting, or change some of those effects to having reduced damage or taking increased damage as a penalty instead.

#33 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

Slep. & Bris. should both have No cast delay non interrupt built in basically phen. with out the 25% cast delay added
& yes phen. should be allowed to work in woe, my opinion on this is not bias, I'm not playing caster in woe, at least not for damage.

Edited by GhostShadow, 27 May 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#34 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

Phen available on siege? No way!!! If there is a card to nullify a mage class (GTB) there can't be another one "to benefit" the same classes.

#35 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

Phen shouldn't work on skills like gfist which have a fixed cast time that's interruptable, that is for balancing reasons otherwise you'd have people instant gfisting in woe like before renewal.
This is just one example of course.

Wizards and the like really do get screwed by this though.
Casting is all they do, and if they're in a situation that they can't cast they are literally useless.

#36 Gullanna

Gullanna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hi GhostShadow

....................................................................................

You know whats this!!

coming soon...

Edited by Gullanna, 27 May 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#37 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Easier fix... let Clearance be an AoE for party members with a 30 second cool down... it will make ABs more useful in siege and will balance out Howl and gx poisons (if i remember it does get rid of some of them)

#38 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

I like that idea Ardi

#39 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

Easier fix... let Clearance be an AoE for party members with a 30 second cool down... it will make ABs more useful in siege and will balance out Howl and gx poisons (if i remember it does get rid of some of them)

That help, but the cast time is still horrible *poke* a sorcerer in woe and he is like a poring witouth loot.

Edited by FiskBlack, 27 May 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#40 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

Look's like someone can't have good arguments Duh! =/

What is your answer?

DB & CS can be spell broken.

#41 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

No more AoE bishop skills please x_x you can probably "support" on a bishop by randomly pressing your hotkeys without even looking at the screen. I bet the next kRO update is like, press this skill and pnuma appears on every party member, press this other and a safety wall appears instead. (Well, they kinda already did that with the new unicorn homu ^^; )

I would much rather a single target clearance that is like status recovery: usable on anyone, without cast time, but with a delay which can be reduced by magic strings.

Having every skill affected by the disables and skill increases is a bad idea, in my opinion. The idea would be more balanced and fun if every skill, except recoveries would be affected. Being unable to attack effectively and trying to defend the attack of enemies which can use their abilities fully while the other guild just defends with pnumas, safety walls, MEs and the like; while in the background, classes like performers, archbishops and support sorcerers slowly bring the guild potential to normal removing the debuffs from their guildmates. More dynamic battles.

Unlike now where the disables is more of a mess of both guilds walking slowly with the people who isn't permanently disabled slowly casting skills at each other.

Edited by Kadnya, 28 May 2011 - 05:16 AM.

#42 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:12 AM

DB & CS can be spell broken.

So can anything anything that is on a phen wearer. Why should those classes with relatively strong attacks ( including mechs... arm cannon and suicidal destruction are both uninterrupt-able except by spell breaking as well ) be able to pull off their attacks when warlocks ( actually have relatively short casts on all but a few spells ) and sorcerers ( relatively long casts on all but a few skills... but with very small fixed cast times ) are weak already... and got weaker with the stupid kafra blossom cards that flooded the server. A warlock / sorc WITHOUT hibrams and sleips can.... arullo? If they get it off without being interrupted that is. Damage wise they don't do crap in WoE and the ONLY hope of them killing most things is if crystallization goes off at least twice in a row so the target can't pot at all.

#43 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

i need to put again? no 1 read?????? skills like blood sucker and gx poisons negates sacrifice phen effect....

when im sacing a sorcerer with instant cast it doesnt matter ^_^

#44 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

aoe clearance is pretty bad, the new skill changes that have the other skills doing an aoe cure of howling/freeze etc will come. clearance also takes away things like preserve even if a chaser is linked too among other things

not everyone in a party will need clearance at the same time

Edited by Andini, 28 May 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#45 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:06 AM

when im sacing a sorcerer with instant cast it doesnt matter ^_^

Yes, there will be ALWAYS a Royal Guard with sacrifice and at the range level. And most of the RG's dont have sacrifice considering they are better at killing now, guess you didn't noticed that.
Instant cast...? The only way having instant cast is in a party with strings and Summon ventus lv 3 with the first skill effect.
If not you can have some godly cards like beelz?
In fact the damage of the mage class is just pathetic and with the kafra blossom card they got even worse, TV was supussed to be 1 shot skill and now in woe you can just laugh at the damage.

#46 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

i dont care about mage classes anyway~

#47 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

gms too, but i just wanted to do my last breath on iro, quiting already, deleted all my chars except the sorcerer....

#48 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

Posted Image

And i don't care what do you say anyway

Edited by FiskBlack, 28 May 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#49 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

So can anything anything that is on a phen wearer. Why should those classes with relatively strong attacks ( including mechs... arm cannon and suicidal destruction are both uninterrupt-able except by spell breaking as well ) be able to pull off their attacks when warlocks ( actually have relatively short casts on all but a few spells ) and sorcerers ( relatively long casts on all but a few skills... but with very small fixed cast times ) are weak already... and got weaker with the stupid kafra blossom cards that flooded the server. A warlock / sorc WITHOUT hibrams and sleips can.... arullo? If they get it off without being interrupted that is. Damage wise they don't do crap in WoE and the ONLY hope of them killing most things is if crystallization goes off at least twice in a row so the target can't pot at all.

Sorcs can get instacast on most of their skills. With zephyr you are invulnerable to a whole host of attacks.

Warlocks can insta release their spells. A few if their skills are not blockable by any means.

Both of them also have significant support/debuff/annoyance skills - the usual trend is that such classes will not have offensive skills as strong as classes without the former.

The kafra blossom cards are just glorious rings basically. When the additional resistance activates... it works against all elemental attacks so it affects non-magic classes too.

Edited by Anko, 28 May 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#50 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

Sorcs can get instacast on most of their skills.

Warlocks can insta release their spells. A few if their skills are not blockable by any means.

Both of them also have significant support/debuff/annoyance skills.

The kafra blossom cards are just glorious rings basically. When the additional resistance activates... it works against all elemental attacks so it affects non-magic classes too.

"JUST GLORIOUS RINGS" that are cheapcake to get now, sorry but the ventus reduction cast time its a bugg that will be fixed soon.... and theres no way a sorc can get instant cast, if you can please upload a video without using ventus, and mageclass still like the second sadest class in woe, i think the first 1 its the maestro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users