#1 Macromute

Macromute

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:39 AM

Most guides and information I have found out on the internet is pre-renewal, leaving me with far too little sources to refer to. I'm mostly completely new to the game, I have leveled to a 99 assassin back in the day but that task and it's demands was very minimal in itself.

So I have been studying these guides more and more, I have came to a slight conclusion that people are far more dependent on refined, slotted weapons/equips for bonuses instead of grabbing heavy duty equipment. Most heavy duty being between 65m-100m worth of z. On that note, it sounds like a far more affordable approach (half of the time). Sadly, things guides would suggest to me are unavailable 80% of the time. Only thing I can get are (some) hats, armors being mostly really easy to buy or ludicrous prices. I bought myself the moonlight flower hat and squealed in happiness, soon this came to a pause after spending 8 hours of trying to read up on what I need and searching Ragial for viable equipment. At this rate it feels like I won't be able to compete or support in PvP or MvP efficiently with any of the classes I have put together for the past few months, I'm honestly quite scared of this great wall I have stumbled upon.

I am working on the following; Rune Knight, Sura, Ranger, Geneticist, Minstrel, Guillotine Cross, Arch Bishop, and Sorcerer. I have all of them except for the guillotine between lv60-80. Geneticist seemingly at a complete pause due to lack of equipment, knowledge, and funds while the rest are at a massive drag to race to lv99. A lot of suggestions do include rental items, which I don't have any objection to that, but it'd be nice to earn my items overall, IF I KNEW WHAT TO GET. I wish the guides I can find were actually set in stone and not so vague AND renew based. It'd be nice to get a handful of advice, especially pointers to good sources/resources to help me progress much better. Maybe I could at least get advice on LEVELING, survivability, and PvM heavy gear instead. I don't know.

Edited by Macromute, 27 May 2011 - 01:40 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

There is a definite shortage of guides for renewal, that's true.
DO NOT USE ANY GUIDE FROM PRE-RENEWAL - ALL THE GAME MECHANICS CHANGED, WHAT GEAR IS GOOD CHANGED, ETC.

I'm not really following exactly what you want to know - nor what classes you're focusing, nor what levels your chars are... Are they all pre-99? If so, you should focus on one. Wasting time making lots of characters instead of one good char is not a good policy. Plus, you'll have an easier time getting help if you can ask a focused question, instead of asking about 8 different classes at once.

Note in my sig, how only two of my characters have been leveled for more than 1-2 levels since renewal hit (i had all the 99's pre-renewal, made 1 at a time) ;-)

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 May 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#3 Macromute

Macromute

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

There is a definite shortage of guides for renewal, that's true.
DO NOT USE ANY GUIDE FROM PRE-RENEWAL - ALL THE GAME MECHANICS CHANGED, WHAT GEAR IS GOOD CHANGED, ETC.

I'm not really following exactly what you want to know - nor what classes you're focusing, nor what levels your chars are... Are they all pre-99? If so, you should focus on one. Wasting time making lots of characters instead of one good char is not a good policy. Plus, you'll have an easier time getting help if you can ask a focused question, instead of asking about 8 different classes at once.

Note in my sig, how only two of my characters have been leveled for more than 1-2 levels since renewal hit (i had all the 99's pre-renewal, made 1 at a time) ;-)

I first started believing I could level very fast as an alchemist, but the problem was that I didn't know what to do about getting his skills and items in the first place for the homunculus. I'm a fan of the alchemy thing, but most certainly not the grind/farm beyond what I already have to do in the first place. I'd like to eventually get the ball rolling towards a Geneticist.

I'm focusing my Ranger actually, my guild wants me to and it seems the most suitable to start off as a noob with. I feel a lot more effective and quick with leveling in that case. I am mostly interested in the Ranger and it's warg AND the Maestro. The most info I got was that a bow ranger isn't as useful as a warg/trap ranger can be. I don't mind that either because I wanna give the warg and strategy more attention, I am currently just AGI/DEX for fast leveling and spamming a few select skills. I have 12 skill points (lv85/45 ish) and no idea where to spend them for the Hunter, seems pretty useless for me and I've done slight test runs of the skills on a free server. I wouldn't know where to start for Warg/Trap builds, especially for equipment. Mostly concerned with Archer leveling equipment, or should I just focus on Eden Group and it's equips once I rebirth? I found a perfect leveling guide posted on this forum not too long ago, I will at least stick to that for hitting 99. I am also under the impression that I should spec my character for a faster leveling experience and then do a stat reset once I've reached suitable level range to do my own build (whatever is recommended). Also curious about the fact that is a High Novice really going to take 3x longer to level, or is that pre-renewal?

My main question was what sort of equipment should I be looking at, or are the stats/skills and resources (arrow types and potions) the real focus? Lacking zeny is far from a problem on my end (for the time being), have been successfully building it up. Currently just 45m, but it will most certainly last me. I'm mostly looking for leveling gear or sustainable gear before I start aiming higher.

If you have any Ranger build pointers, then that would really help too.

Edited by Macromute, 27 May 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Definitely agi dex for leveling as hunter. I'm not sure, beyond that, about builds - try the Archer Classes forum for more info on that.

Trans takes more exp, but not 3x more (that was pre-renewal). Eden group quests supply you with passable gear for nearly free - most people get it as non-trans, and move to better stuff while trans. It's not good gear, but it's usable.

45m will not be enough for gear on any class, but it's a pretty good fund considering your level. Since renewal, disturbing numbers of people are like "Can anyone help me get the 1.285m I need to trans?"

#5 Macromute

Macromute

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

Definitely agi dex for leveling as hunter. I'm not sure, beyond that, about builds - try the Archer Classes forum for more info on that.

Trans takes more exp, but not 3x more (that was pre-renewal). Eden group quests supply you with passable gear for nearly free - most people get it as non-trans, and move to better stuff while trans. It's not good gear, but it's usable.

45m will not be enough for gear on any class, but it's a pretty good fund considering your level. Since renewal, disturbing numbers of people are like "Can anyone help me get the 1.285m I need to trans?"

Yar, 45m won't be enough for better gear but for leveling gear yes heheh. Mostly lasts for supply like health pots n' utility items, but I learned doing Veins consumes far less supply/money. The speed of leveling seems ridiculous, seems like it will only get worse from 100+ after I have reached trans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users