Stop the stupid nerf discussion - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 4 votes

Stop the stupid nerf discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

IF the GMs cant handle their job they should quite already, same episode since 2009, same stupid things as "to much coments each day to answer"(they get paid no?) "we need to ask HQ" that means that they cant do -_-, after 60+ pages of people asking for a change or a feature like the uncard service they just do nothing
REAL PROBLEM ON IRO? THEY ARE THE GMS I HOPE THEY GOT FIRED OR THEY JUST SHOULD QUIT

IF i wrong then make real changes on the game, and not nerf a skill like zen that is really necesary in pvm, THEY CANT EVEN FIX THE STATUS WINDOW THEY CANT DO NOTHING, and as the other post, lock this, then i hope you guys will be hacked as the PSN got

FIREEEEE IN THE HOLE(of the gms)

Edited by sayoko, 28 May 2011 - 11:30 AM.

#2 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

IF the GMs cant handle their job they should quite already, same episode since 2009, same stupid things as "to much coments each day to answer"(they get paid no?) "we need to ask HQ" that means that they cant do -_-, after 60+ pages of people asking for a change or a feature like the uncard service they just do nothing
REAL PROBLEM ON IRO? THEY ARE THE GMS I HOPE THEY GOT FIRED OR THEY JUST SHOULD QUIT

IF i wrong then make real changes on the game, and not nerf a skill like zen that is really necesary in pvm, THEY CANT EVEN FIX THE STATUS WINDOW THEY CANT DO NOTHING, and as the other post, lock this, then i hope you guys will be hacked as the PSN got

FIREEEEE IN THE HOLE(of the gms)

i will miss hein then.... its not necesary i though, but.... it apears to be the real problem after all

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

Great first post duder, thanks for contributing.

<An immature response, I shall not cowardly edit what I said but it was rude to post this-Oda>

#4 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

They should at least read our opinions, heim help! XD?!
Something is wrong with this game..

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

Trying to balance a game after lots of people got used to easy benefits must be really hard. It would have been easier to just keep renewal in testing on sakray until some kind of balance was found...

I wonder what was kRO thinking when they forced beta testing of renewal into their main servers as if it was a finished update...

#6 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

At first I thought this was a thread about someone being tired of the overreactions and ranting over the zen thing. Then I was all "Oh, more of the same overreactions and ranting". Then I saw Oda's new avatar. I feel better now.

#7 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

At first I thought this was a thread about someone being tired of the overreactions and ranting over the zen thing. Then I was all "Oh, more of the same overreactions and ranting". Then I saw Oda's new avatar. I feel better now.

It is the pony powah, lets nerf ponies, they are OP.

Also well, some of us are really tired of the unbalanced skill and formula thing.. we must at least try do do something to fix it, making threads and defending our opinions/facts is all we can do, hopefully gms take it in consideration.

Edited by FiskBlack, 28 May 2011 - 11:50 AM.

#8 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

It is the pony powah, lets nerf ponies, they are OP.

Also well, some of us are really tired of the unbalanced skill and formula thing.. we must at least try do do something to fix it, making threads and defending our opinions/facts is all we can do, hopefully gms take it in consideration.

and then they lock or delete our post... yes gms are the top

#9 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

I am going to love and tolerate the <poo poo> out of this thread.

On a serious note if you have some constructive feedback about how the game is being run, how the updates are being implemented, or anything like that there are plenty of places to voice your sentiment. These are incredibly helpful to us, and we DO read them and take this criticism seriously.

If Sakray were a viable option, it is no doubt that we would want to be testing updates there instead of on the live servers but Sakray is set to pre-renewal mechanics for the forseeable future. Yggdrasil would be an option too, but to be a real test environment it would have to be one where a wipe could occurr at any time- I doubt many of the people who are jumping on to ygg would appreciate that change. I would also like to point out that the GM team and the CM/Production teams are separate, the GMs do not dictate changes to the game and neither Heim or I are GMs. They are performing customer support for all of our titles, with the higher and higher numbers of RO players logging in daily the ticket response times have significantly lengthened and they are working towards shortening customer response time.

If you would like to join in a discussion I can point you towards one, but creating a warpportal account (with no RO account attached) minutes before creating this thread to ask for our heads on the metaphorical platter frankly adds nothing.

Thank you kindly.

#10 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

On a serious note if you have some constructive feedback about how the game is being run, how the updates are being implemented, or anything like that there are plenty of places to voice your sentiment. These are incredibly helpful to us, and we DO read them and take this criticism seriously.

If Sakray were a viable option, it is no doubt that we would want to be testing updates there instead of on the live servers but Sakray is set to pre-renewal mechanics for the forseeable future. Yggdrasil would be an option too, but to be a real test environment it would have to be one where a wipe could occurr at any time- I doubt many of the people who are jumping on to ygg would appreciate that change. I would also like to point out that the GM team and the CM/Production teams are separate, the GMs do not dictate changes to the game and neither Heim or I are GMs. They are performing customer support for all of our titles, with the higher and higher numbers of RO players logging in daily the ticket response times have significantly lengthened and they are working towards shortening customer response time.

If you would like to join in a discussion I can point you towards one, but creating a warpportal account (with no RO account attached) minutes before creating this thread to ask for our heads on the metaphorical platter frankly adds nothing.

Thank you kindly.

OMG then they really cant do nothing inside game O,O!

#11 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

Honestly Oda, can you blame me for trying to help this community? It's as I said before, lately people are realizing the imbalances and garbage that needs taken to the can. I must continue to help them gain what they want and need, so this game gets better. Don't lock posts just because of children with internet attacks and we might get somewhere. No offense. Also ignore the OP in this thread. Look how much worse this is..

#12 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

and then they lock or delete our post... yes gms are the top

I feel your irritation. Happens to me too.

#13 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

then we need a way to contac the real GMS becouse hein and you are a fake!!!!!!!

#14 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

then we need a way to contac the real GMS becouse hein and you are a fake!!!!!!!

THEN FORUMS ARE USLESS AFTER ALL.... (nooooooooooooooooooo after how much time spending here...) XC

#15 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Please put in the feature to -1 posts. Thanks!

#16 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Thank you kindly.

Posted this just minutes before I found this post/thread.

Trying to perform test of mechanics on live servers is just a TERRIBLE idea. I have posted my feelings and reasons towards this opinion in the post above. Charging people to test your game and updates is moronic in all senses of the word. It's like going to the grocers and the lady with the tiny sample tray is charging for the samples lol.

P.S.- OP is /swt

#17 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

I know the OP is pretty mad, but I can actually understand how annoyed he is considering how when anyone who walks into pvp or woe is going to die in 1-2 hits without being able to do much first.

#18 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

Posted this just minutes before I found this post/thread.

Trying to perform test of mechanics on live servers is just a TERRIBLE idea. I have posted my feelings and reasons towards this opinion in the post above. Charging people to test your game and updates is moronic in all senses of the word. It's like going to the grocers and the lady with the tiny sample tray is charging for the samples lol.

P.S.- OP is /swt

TOTALLY TRUE, they dont even do a poll or anuncement in midle of the game asking on how they can really help, but now we know that cant do nothing, just copy and past(like me at school)

#19 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

Thank you kindly.

Why do you appear in game on "GM" accounts then?
You guys do a good job moderating and being a lifeline to the community, but Heim's recent decision making is really out in left field.

It almost feels like he's changing the game for himself, rather than the community.
He comments all the time about playing on the weekends, etc. It's hard to believe that someone in his position playing the game isn't a tad bit biased.
He knows about all the changes before they happen and could easily benefit from them without anyone knowing, including you or anyone else.

All that aside, I think it's really petty of you guys to use Sakray only for doing USRC.
I have won USRC before and it seems to me like you guys back it just so that you can gorge yourselves on food and get a free trip form HQ.
Sure, you probably get some kind of commission if you take it all the way, but I really don't see that happening. Why would the players want to back up such a pitiful GM team? They would do it for the internet fame and money before wanting to represent iRO.

There's no other option either, Heim gets extremely anal when people bring up going to other servers like fRO, where it isn't as private server-ish.

If you're truly being sincere, give us a way to contact the people you work for, so they we can express feedback to them.
You don't even have a direct customer service line available to the public like any other business would.

Edited by Myzery, 28 May 2011 - 12:28 PM.

#20 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

Oh god! please! all of you stop whining...

We all know the game is full of imbalance.
We all know that the powers of GMs to edit the game are limited.

The best thing we can do is to give constructive criticisms in a form of intelligent suggestions as it will become an eye opener for the GMs and forward it to the devs from kRO.

Because whether we like it or not or how much u whine and complain, iRO GMs still cant do anything in terms of the back-end (programming) of the game.

#21 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

Ah, ok I get it. Had me fooled for a second. So Sayoko and Mefistofeles, how long have you been posting from the same computer? Be honest, please.

LordVader, I do agree as much of the contoversy from the last patch would have been if not avoided, mitigated by a test server implementation.

Myzery, we often use GM accounts as those are the ones that the community is used to seeing in the game, and many of us began working for Gravity as a member of the team. I just pointed that we are not GMs as I do hate to see the guys who work on tickets and banning bots and such take heat for things that we on the Community side of things are doing.

It is clear that there has been a breakdown of communication with the community, misunderstandings and disagreements of intent and execution that has been going on for quite a while. You guys have been very good with actually talking with us and putting forth the things that you would like us to do, what you don't like and your hopes for the future. This is an incredible responsiblity and I do not regret taking on this role as a community manager one bit. I will do my best to close that gap between Gravity and you guys, and improve this relationship.

#22 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

Ah, ok I get it. Had me fooled for a second. So Sayoko and Mefistofeles, how long have you been posting from the same computer? Be honest, please.

LordVader, I do agree as much of the contoversy from the last patch would have been if not avoided, mitigated by a test server implementation.

nope same computer, its same ip, we are at office XD

#23 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

Myzery, we often use GM accounts as those are the ones that the community is used to seeing in the game, and many of us began working for Gravity as a member of the team. I just pointed that we are not GMs as I do hate to see the guys who work on tickets and banning bots and such take heat for things that we on the Community side of things are doing.

then in the test server give us a free 150 char god item or really good geared, then all people will want to take part of the test! (then you can delete the chars really easy....)

#24 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

Sayoko and Mesfistofeles got rattled?

#25 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Sayoko and Mesfistofeles got rattled?

actually we are 3: a sorc, a rg, and a mestro (the maestro my older brother already quit forever...>.< since canon die) and my special friend sayoko XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users