A new test mechanic suggestion. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

A new test mechanic suggestion.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

Give all classes 1.5 - 2.0x hp, and then things would pretty much be fine. More survivability across the board, but it would have to be between that exact range for it. If every class had this boost, then not one person could complain, except those who are overpowered and kill people in 1 hit.

Hard to implement? No. A simple hotfix would suffice.

#2 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Give all classes 1.5 - 2.0x hp, and then things would pretty much be fine. More survivability across the board, but it would have to be between that exact range for it. If every class had this boost, then not one person could complain, except those who are overpowered and kill people in 1 hit.

Hard to implement? No. A simple hotfix would suffice.

i think that all kind of "test" things should be in test sever no? why this fake gms dont give us 150 free char with good gears in the test server? then every 1 will be glad to help em! again.. in the test server

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Giving new HP values to balance would be nice, but a plain 2x HP wouldn't be balanced enough. While for example, to a royal guard 2x HP would make them unkillable, to an archbishop 2x HP would put them still at lower HP than some classes currently get.

Generally, balancing the strongest/most useful classes to have lower HPs than the less useful/weaker classes would be really cool.

#4 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

No, this would then make it impossible to kill anyone with a Tao.

#5 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

in those cases diamond dust its usefull no?

#6 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

3 people in valk have tao. The game isnt balanced around them. You mean it would make your overbrand not 2 shot people? I see. an HP mod would fix people dying in 1 hit. Some people die before they can press the botted ale button, or the legit mastela button.

hint: no such thing as an Unfrozen Risky Valkyrie Armor.

Edited by veteran2003, 28 May 2011 - 01:38 PM.

#7 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

3 people in valk have tao. The game isnt balanced around them. You mean it would make your overbrand not 2 shot people? I see. an HP mod would fix people dying in 1 hit. Some people die before they can press the botted ale button, or the legit mastela button.

but....... that just make mageclasses even worst.... MUCH MORE WORSE... WAY MUCH MORE WORSE

#8 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

but....... that just make mageclasses even worst.... MUCH MORE WORSE... WAY MUCH MORE WORSE

You can freeze players who use tao gunka card, and then chain lightning, and when youre running as they take damage, when they get close to you, youc an just white imprison them and stay back again, and then cast ghost damage and then imprison again

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

A simple solution to balancing Overbrand would be to bring back knockback, or just disable one of the hits. Your solution is one very large blanket to cover the mess, and while it might work in some situations, it's not going to help much. They already tried it with the 50% damage in WoE thing, and things still haven't improved.

Also, there is such thing as someone with 100 Int wearing a Tao.

#10 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

You can freeze players who use tao gunka card, and then chain lightning, and when youre running as they take damage, when they get close to you, youc an just white imprison them and stay back again, and then cast ghost damage and then imprison again

believe me..... each time i duel sexual harrasment panda doenst matter how many times fall in coold mode that thing dont die, due to crapy damage of matk

#11 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

A simple solution to balancing Overbrand would be to bring back knockback, or just disable one of the hits. Your solution is one very large blanket to cover the mess, and while it might work in some situations, it's not going to help much. They already tried it with the 50% damage in WoE thing, and things still haven't improved.

Also, there is such thing as someone with 100 Int wearing a Tao.

Freeze status freezes people no matter what their int is. There is also a such thng as guillotine fist being followed up against a frozen tao gunka armored player. God items helps vs high hp too. God items have to be used vs. god items. Just like when TaoGunka ran into pre renewal woe and everyone casted the bard freeze skill and g fisted him.

Edited by veteran2003, 28 May 2011 - 01:46 PM.

#12 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

believe me..... each time i duel sexual harrasment panda doenst matter how many times fall in coold mode that thing dont die, due to crapy damage of matk

Smokey card > RK. But yeah imagine if you had 2x HP. you could survive and then use potions/ales

OR, they could give every single class a way to kill each other in one hit.

#13 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

Smokey card > RK. But yeah imagine if you had 2x HP. you could survive and then use potions/ales

OR, they could give every single class a way to kill each other in one hit.

i think best solution with mage class is the old matk formula

#14 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

i think best solution with mage class is the old matk formula

Exactly what Im saying. More matk is a higher chance of 1 or 2 shotting someone. I think you need your matk doubled literally, and I think all other classes need a one shot skill. Why can like 2 or 3 do it but nobody else can?

#15 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Exactly what Im saying. More matk is a higher chance of 1 or 2 shotting someone. I think you need your matk doubled literally, and I think all other classes need a one shot skill. Why can like 2 or 3 do it but nobody else can?

i was thinking about .5x more matk damage and other .5x when reaching 150, becouse sura is the only class that get .5x damage on ALL their skills at level 150

#16 ybfga102

ybfga102

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Very good suggestion as to something to test in a test server and it really requires an extensive testing to find the correct/appropiate multiplier. If you buff a normal/bad geared character too high, the well geared character will be impossible to kill. If you buff too little, then you don't really help. It is just the available ales that worries me that if you have too much survivability, WoE would then become a spam ales contest and see who carried more ales.

#17 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

you're aware of immunities from level and status points right?

#18 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

i was thinking about .5x more matk damage and other .5x when reaching 150, becouse sura is the only class that get .5x damage on ALL their skills at level 150

More HP, or more power for each and every class? One or the other..

#19 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

I think they should just put a 100x damage modifier on Grimtooth.

#20 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

@veteran Last I checked 100 int gave freeze immunity at the same or higher level of the caster. I don't know how much of renewal you've played, but you're evidently not aware of all the mechanics and changes.

EDIT: That's also prolly why your RK stuns for so long against hell plant, you're probably not within 10 levels of the geneticist who ued it

Edited by Kailash, 28 May 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#21 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

GoH and Dragon Breath would gain substantial damage. No thanks.

#22 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

ITT: people continue to get trolled by laz who just makes up game mechanics which are far from reality and then bases game changes around them. He's trying to impersonate a GM! Isn't that bannable?!

#23 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:57 AM

He's trying to impersonate a GM!

Got a bit of a laugh out of this.

I think the kRO Developers play too much dungeons and dragons. When they are making a skill, they roll a dice to determine the damage multiplier it will receive. Then they roll another dice to determine which class gets the skill.

Obviously they used loaded dices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users