New exp gain mechanic sugestion~ - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

New exp gain mechanic sugestion~

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fureedo

Fureedo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn a wind tunnel...in my dream~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All of em?

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

I'll try to make it short and sweet.

I suggest that players gets 10% of the exp they would get from every monsters that dies on screen, no matter if the monster is killed by a monster, a player, or anything.

What's the point?
-It would make 2 man parties more worthwhile, thus helping priests and other support classes. This isn't intended to fix those support class though. It would also help bigger parties to a small extent.

But Fureedo, that would promote leeching, that is bad, no way we want this.
-Well, 10% isn't a lot, and it would be modified by the normal exp penalty mechanism. So no auto-following someone at thor with a novice/first class.

But mobbers would lose on it, no wai.
-As stated by gms, mobbing isn't intended. And 10% isn't a lot, you'd still get the normal share

But it can still be abused to leech with auto-following or dragging the mob to a parked character
-Yes, it can, but imo if you go through that trouble, you're earning that 4~14% extra exp (After the exp boost/penalty from level)

Even if it's a good idea, is it possible to get it anytime soon?
-I'm 99.999999% sure it can't be implimented by iro alone, they would have to ask the guys at kro. So no, it would take 6+ months.

So complicated! why not just bump the exp for partying across the board by 10%?
-Because that promotes leeching a parked character. Bishop and other support class needs 2 man parties to level effectively, but with the current system, it isn't worth it. My suggestion makes 2 man parties a bit more worthwhile, while preventing simply parking a character and leeching.

Edited by Fureedo, 28 May 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#2 yarumasi

yarumasi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

You should probably read this!

#3 Fureedo

Fureedo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn a wind tunnel...in my dream~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All of em?

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

Thing is, no matter how they change the exp curve, or the exp penalty, if they don,t change the mean of getting exp in party, nothing will change =S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users