#1 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

If mentioned with stuns and certain skills, it means that the rest will be canceled. For example:Staff stun 5seconds,Means that the rest of the stuns will not exist.Example:Poison knife duration 5seconds,it means there will only be one poison knife/venom knife.
Mages:
2 Stuns.
Staff stun - Duration 2seconds.Success rate-95%
Soul shock - Duration 1second.Success rate 95%
Skill animation Sped up.
Anti magic shell - 50% Ap down. Duration:10 seconds.Success rate-95%
Rock armor- 20% defense up Duration:15 seconds.(Will stack with w/e buff u have and will not cancel out the current buff once done)
Hurricane (Mute aoe)-35% attack speed down. Duration:10seconds.Success rate-95%
(There is still more to add/change/take away. If you have any ideas please post!)
Clerics:
Voltage jolt - Duration 2seconds.Success rate 95%
Keen eye (Decloak) - Description: Use this skill to see the non visible.
Burning desire - Success rate 95% Durations 10seconds.
Wand throb- 40% Dodge down,Magic defense down 60%,800 melle attack power.
Raiders:
Mirror phantasm-(This skill will now give you the additional dodge and will not remove your dodge buff once used.)
Triple slash-Removed
Mystic knife- 95% Duration: 1second
Sucker punch-95% duration: 1second
Phoenix slash/Venom knife/Poison knife-Will all do the same damage.(Damage done by burn) Success 95%
Defense down debuff (Forgot the name)-20% defense down to the opponent used on. Duration 15seconds Success 95%
Stealth/Cloak-Will now make the enemy lose its target.(Edited)Now raiders in cloak will have 100% Crit succession.Duration:6seconds.
Dual wield expertise-25% attack power gain.
Tangled legs-40% movement speed cut from the opponent used on (Works like blind).
Scouts:
Point blank (i forgot the name)-Duration:1second success rate:95%
Stun arrow - Duration:1second success rate 95%
Piercing arrow: -20% defense down. Duration:10seconds Success rate: 95%
Raining arrows: 12m AoE -40% movement speed down. Success rate 95% Duration: 5seconds
Storm arrows:16m AoE -25% accuracy. Success rate 95% Duration: 5seconds
Camouflage:You are able to attack in this mode. Duration: 10seconds.
Stealth (w.e its called) - You will now lose the enemy target.
Burning arrow: Success rate: 95% Duration:8seconds
Poison arrow:Removed
Bourgeois:
Shrapnel burst: Success rate:95% Duration: 1second stun
Poison Shell:Poison your enemy. Success rate:95% Duration:15seconds
Launcher smash: Success rate:95% Duration: 1second stun
Concussion grenade: Success rate:95% Duration:1second-Cool down: increase of 3seconds.
Weakening grenade: -20% defense down Duration:5seconds Success rate:95% (Works like a grenade)
Launcher rampage:20% up attack power -20% defense (Attack power buff will not be removed after skill is used,Defense debuff will stack with other defense debuffs).
Terror knight:Will now pickup all your following loots!
Artisan:
Open Sesame:Open all Dirtys,Crates, etc. in one shot!
Sleep:Removed
Arti stun grenade:Removed
Terror knight:Will now pickup all your following loots!
Crafting meter:You will now get a accurate percent,instead of "Fair" "Good" "Very good"
Zulie smack: Duration: 1second stun Success rate:95%
Champion:
Slugger: Duration:1second stun Success rate:95%
Weapon launcher: Duration: 1 second stun. Success rate:95%
Leap attack-15% Movement speed cut
Defense training:Removed
Soul wreck:Defense down 30% Duration:5seconds Success rate:95%
Berserk:25% attack power increase,-20% defense decrease (will stack with current attack power buff,defense will stack with any other defense debuff)
Power overflow:40% attack power buff.Moved to champ skill tree.
Achilles Heel strike (Aoe)-15% attack decrease.
Spin attack (Aoe)-20% attack speed decrease.
Seismic impact (Aoe) 10% Dodge decrease.
Space attack:40% movement speed decrease.
Knight:
Defense training moved to this tree
The heart of the knight:30% attack power buff
Piercing Arrow:-20% defense down decrease.1 second stun.Success rate:95%(This also applies to other weapons just different name)
Turtle defense:30% movement speed decrease,20% defense increase.Duration 10seconds.(buff,kinda like reflect)
Shield stun: Duration: 1second stun.Success rate 95%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the following skills,is just what came to the top of my head at the time if you have any suggestions and dislikes about it please post here.These skills are based on a "non luck" basis and actually using timing to better yourself.With our current pvp system a lot of it is lucked base because a lot of the skills are %'s so beating or losing to somebody is based on "Who got the most stuns,who skills actually worked" With the "pvp system" i listed above its based on timing and helping the cons and balancing out the pro's of the class.With every plus theres a negative.Alot of these skills do not exist and are made up just for reference.Certain classes i do not use currently,so if you could please help me with the names and what skills i was wrong or correct about! Hope you liked it!

Edited by twitch, 29 May 2011 - 01:17 PM.

#2 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

I really like this, all the additions of skills, and changing of currently over powered skills.. All in all +1 good job

#3 None

None

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

Anti Magi Shell 50% ap down is WAY too much. Is mystic knife a sleep for 1 second? Tangled legs for the fastest class in game seems OP. I don't think that skill should be added. The cooldown of these skills need to be thought out carefully too considering many of them have like 5-15s duration debuff

#4 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

Anti Magi Shell 50% ap down is WAY too much. Is mystic knife a sleep for 1 second? Tangled legs for the fastest class in game seems OP. I don't think that skill should be added. The cooldown of these skills need to be thought out carefully too considering many of them have like 5-15s duration debuff

True tangled legs could be lowered... and anti magic shell has a cooldown of one minute so i dont think it'll be that bad... and yes cooldowns will be pretty high like i said timing skills is important with new skills

#5 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

It's good to bring stuff like this. But the thing is, it's not tested ingame. So by all the numbers it might look balanced but it might not be at all. But I guess you mean it mostly just to use as a guideline for hów things should be balanced. Anyway, the only way to really test it is to make all these changes and play with a group vs group on some server. That way you can actually tweak it some more. But yeah, that's not going to be easy I guess. I just don't think the development team can do anything with this when it's just a big list of numbers without a real explanation for why and how every skill shóuld work. Just what I think. It's a good start though!

#6 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

This way stuns work has already been tested and it was crap. In every UW running into a group would mean stunlocked for life.

#7 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

What I would like to see is the skill actually fit into te class itself. For example, only Mage or cleric have mute. Give stun and debuff to champ and knight. Give long range and AoE to arti or bourg. Give assassin skill to raider or scout (stealth mode able to do a high damage skill like 25% of hp with cooldown of a min on it)

Hope is not too confusing ...

#8 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

This way stuns work has already been tested and it was crap. In every UW running into a group would mean stunlocked for life.

That life will only last like 3 seconds lmao.

Also, why even call mystic knife a sleep when you want it to last 1 second. Sounds more like a stun to me.

Edited by SilverBlood, 29 May 2011 - 11:04 AM.

#9 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

What I would like to see is the skill actually fit into te class itself. For example, only Mage or cleric have mute. Give stun and debuff to champ and knight. Give long range and AoE to arti or bourg. Give assassin skill to raider or scout (stealth mode able to do a high damage skill like 25% of hp with cooldown of a min on it)

Talking about raiders, you know what I'd love? A little change to cloaking...I would reduce it to 7-8 seconds but I would add a 100% critical buff for those 5 seconds. When you can't see someone hitting you, he'll probably hurt you even more because he can hit ur weak points. I would call the modified skill "Assassin Raid"

Makes sense, and it would give us a reason to use SEN again.

Edited by Gojio, 29 May 2011 - 11:35 AM.

#10 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

It's good to bring stuff like this. But the thing is, it's not tested ingame. So by all the numbers it might look balanced but it might not be at all. But I guess you mean it mostly just to use as a guideline for hów things should be balanced. Anyway, the only way to really test it is to make all these changes and play with a group vs group on some server. That way you can actually tweak it some more. But yeah, that's not going to be easy I guess. I just don't think the development team can do anything with this when it's just a big list of numbers without a real explanation for why and how every skill shóuld work. Just what I think. It's a good start though!

Well, its suppose to just give a outlook on how things should be. i dont want to tell the dev's would to do either.

Same way u could get stunlocked now by a arti or bourg..

Well all in all i think its some what close to how it suppose to be.just that champs have mute

That life will only last like 3 seconds lmao.

Also, why even call mystic knife a sleep when you want it to last 1 second. Sounds more like a stun to me.

Stun/Sleep its really just suppose to help the raider stop combos and get closer to the target.

Talking about raiders, you know what I'd love? A little change to cloaking...I would reduce it to 7-8 seconds but I would add a 100% critical buff for those 5 seconds. When you can't see someone hitting you, he'll probably hurt you even more because he can hit ur weak points. I would call the modified skill "Assassin Raid"

Makes sense, and it would give us a reason to use SEN again.

Real good idea,ill put it in -_-

#11 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

Meh just nades need to be balanced. We suggested that so many times :x

#12 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Stun/Sleep its really just suppose to help the raider stop combos and get closer to the target.

The Mystic Knife skill is fine as it is ( even tho it's % alrdy got nerfed in the past ). Don't make the same mistake as the devs by fixing that wich is not broken.

Considering the skill animation time and my opponents mspeed, i usually need all 4 seconds of sleep to catch up to my target.

Now, why make it a 2nd sucker punch with slightly longer range ? It's not that I don't appreciate your effort to help the game evolve, but just changing for the sake of changing won't do us any good.

Also, +1 on what albe said about making crit more usefull.

#13 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

Meh just nades need to be balanced. We suggested that so many times :x

That seriously need to be modify ... Hope they pay attention to the nades.

Love the assassin skill !!! Or even under cloak your stat raise 10% for within the duration.

#14 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

The Mystic Knife skill is fine as it is ( even tho it's % alrdy got nerfed in the past ). Don't make the same mistake as the devs by fixing that wich is not broken.

Considering the skill animation time and my opponents mspeed, i usually need all 4 seconds of sleep to catch up to my target.

Now, why make it a 2nd sucker punch with slightly longer range ? It's not that I don't appreciate your effort to help the game evolve, but just changing for the sake of changing won't do us any good.

Also, +1 on what albe said about making crit more usefull.

Well thats the thing the % thing... the point of this is to make pvp skill and not luck.. so maybe keep the 4seconds and put the % at 95%?

#15 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

Yeah Howie wasn't here for that nonsense. The main problem with that wasn't only the 100% stuns, but the fact that status effects (under 100%) were based off of the percent as well as acc/dodge. Which, made dodge fairly overpowered in pvp. Also, classes stuns with 100% success had too short of a cooldown as well.

#16 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

It already does.

#17 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Yeah Howie wasn't here for that nonsense. The main problem with that wasn't only the 100% stuns, but the fact that status effects (under 100%) were based off of the percent as well as acc/dodge. Which, made dodge fairly overpowered in pvp. Also, classes stuns with 100% success had too short of a cooldown as well.

Oh i guess i was absent during those times,but i mean obviously these stuns will have a longer cooldown then what they have now.The point is to "use your skills wisely"

#18 Kairoz

Kairoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

What is the description of the skill "Burning Desire" under the cleric tree? Is it a stun or damage over time?

#19 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

What is the description of the skill "Burning Desire" under the cleric tree? Is it a stun or damage over time?

Its a burn.Damage over time.

#20 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:05 AM

I like the idea of PVP being more on skills. It would make the skills easier to understand for me if you added a short description of what they all do.

I also liked Gojio (cloak gets added status effect) and HellGuardian's (make certain skills class specific) ideas. I think with those two added to the origial idea people would really have to stop and think about which character they want to level in the long run for pvp (not just "what? champ kills all? okay i'll be that")

#21 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:46 AM

It already does.

Not like before...Now if you have a good char you're able to run away in most cases.

#22 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:20 AM

Not like before...Now if you have a good char you're able to run away in most cases.

I don't actually die cause my pvp characters are defensive (dodge/defense),it just is a pain cause I can't move or heal for 10 seconds and by the time it's over I'm forced to run away or at least use some big pot to get my hp back up.

edit: yes, not like before. you can survive pretty easily.

Edited by DoubleRose, 30 May 2011 - 05:21 AM.

#23 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

I don't actually die cause my pvp characters are defensive (dodge/defense),it just is a pain cause I can't move or heal for 10 seconds and by the time it's over I'm forced to run away or at least use some big pot to get my hp back up.

edit: yes, not like before. you can survive pretty easily.

Yeah but keep in mind your not really suppose to tank 50people kill 3 and run out like its all good.

#24 Icrafttofu

Icrafttofu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:42 AM

some of these suggestions are ok, but for the majority of the classes stated on your thread, they need to be nerfed not beefed up, the last thing this game needs is more damage delt, leading to the game being that 1 second pvp thing again...

Edited by Icrafttofu, 01 June 2011 - 01:43 AM.

#25 Icrafttofu

Icrafttofu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:46 AM

bourgs you cannot stun lock someone, or it is very difficult to, you need to focus more on mages, now thats a class that you practically get stun locked every time with, 4 stuns, 2 mutes and 2 debuffs lmao.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users