I T W O N T I N S T A L L - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I T W O N T I N S T A L L

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 oMUFFINMANo

oMUFFINMANo

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

here is my problem ,I download RO first try and had problem about unpack [Ragexe.exe]error. So I decided to uninstall it and i'm not sure if the problem come from i didn't delete the icon of installer in my download FILE. then download the game files again, and I remember it said do you wish to replace your old FILE> so i click yes, and download it for another hour.before I redowload it I went through the file location and saw that RO is put in Gravity file, so I deleted that.then now i install it and i got

Feature: RagnarokOnline
Component: RagnarokOnline
File:
Error: Access is denied.

so i went in and make a new file name it Gravity. and it still didnt work, the installer was [ c:\Program Files\Gravity\RagnarokOnline ], please reply back i love ragnarok and i play many private servers of ragnarok, and had learn many things. now i want to play normal & challenge ragnarok whiches best of all time game.

Thank you : MUFFINMAN

#2 Juush

Juush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationRozen, Ethergia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bdubs

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

Honestly, I tried downloading and getting RO to work about 15 different times to try it. It just didn't wanna let me play so I gave up. Best of luck to you though!

#3 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:15 AM

Try turning your anti virus off before installing.
You may have to redownload the client as well.

Edited by Maka, 23 July 2010 - 02:15 AM.

#4 Juush

Juush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1843 posts
  • LocationRozen, Ethergia
  • Server:bdubs

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:23 AM

I feel stupid >_> Why didn't I think of that Dx

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

I feel stupid >_> Why didn't I think of that Dx

Also if using windows vista or 7, you can't install it into program files (unless you've disabled UAC). Install it to a folder in my documents, or make something like c:/games for it. There are ways to make it work from program files that sometimes work for some people, but windows behavior is so inconsistent between versions and options that I can't pretend to know how to make that work. The procedures work for some, don't work for others, etc.

#6 oMUFFINMANo

oMUFFINMANo

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Try turning your anti virus off before installing.
You may have to redownload the client as well.

I try it and still didnt work, same pop up pissing me off.

#7 oMUFFINMANo

oMUFFINMANo

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Now I install it again and PLEASE tell me what do i have to do with this probelem ---> Ragexe.exe <---

#8 oMUFFINMANo

oMUFFINMANo

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

NOW!, YOU GUYS I MEAN ALLLLL OF YOU GUYS, if ANYONE ASK HELP WITH Ragexe.exe, TELL THEM RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR YOU LIL DUMMY! ok??

Thank You for ALLL of you people who try to help me I am very appriciate it. BABYE SEE YA ALL NEXT TIME x333

Edited by oMUFFINMANo, 23 July 2010 - 07:11 PM.

#9 Jasmer

Jasmer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:06 PM

Also if using windows vista or 7, you can't install it into program files (unless you've disabled UAC). Install it to a folder in my documents, or make something like c:/games for it. There are ways to make it work from program files that sometimes work for some people, but windows behavior is so inconsistent between versions and options that I can't pretend to know how to make that work. The procedures work for some, don't work for others, etc.

Not quite. I installed to Program Files because the game would not install to my extra harddrive and I didn't want it floating around My Documents or anywhere else. What you do is right click the Gravity folder, click properties, click the security tab, and change permissions. Change Users to have full control. To do this, select Users (youraccountnamehere) and then click "Edit" right below. Select Users again then make sure there is a check mark in ALL boxes, then click apply/okay. This should more or less bypass UAC without disabling it and introducing unnecessary and stupid system instability. No problems so far. Then again I am the administrator account (unless you count the hidden ACTUAL admin account that can only be activated via command prompts :mellow: ). I'm also on Vista Home Premium SP2.

Disabling UAC on anything but a fresh install can cause serious problems with your program files directory. Don't do it. Setting permissions should suffice.

Glad you figured it out. Sometimes running the setup file as administrator helps, sometimes you have to manually set the executable to run as administrator.

Edited by Jasmer, 23 July 2010 - 08:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users