Botter tends to report other bots - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Botter tends to report other bots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bralis

bralis

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Firstly, I don't say that most of reporters are bot. Point is botter love to report other bot. Reason? I don't know. Maybe psychiatrist can answer why. So, if GMs investigate both reporter and reportee, they will hit two targets in one shot -_-

#2 Shinji170981

Shinji170981

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

Firstly, I don't say that most of reporters are bot. Point is botter love to report other bot. Reason? I don't know. Maybe psychiatrist can answer why. So, if GMs investigate both reporter and reportee, they will hit two targets in one shot -_-

Sorry to say but you shouldnt say "most". I am playing normally and so do a lot and they report bots.
If you generalize this, then its bound to be flamed.
In addition, if every GM is investigating reporter of the bot and the accused player, you double their work load in this matter.
This means they will only be able to solve half of their tickets.
This will cause major disruptions in the customer service and hence people will complain that their queries arent resolved in time.
If someone who bots but reports another bot, there is a good chance that the reporting botter will be reported as well when he is botting.
That way, there might be a slight delay in the detection of the bot but he will receive his punishment sooner or later.

#3 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

i bet bralis is a botter and just wants to get all other bots banned so he can make money with zeny sellings
please investigate ingame if topicstarters are botting cause they have time to get out of ro and type crap here

#4 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

Not a psychiatrist but I can answer from experience of seeing the botters compete on this game, its called eliminate the competition. The Botter A wants a bigger E-Prosthetic than Botter B so he reports them to eliminate the competition.

Lol Misery thats funny $hit, but don't you spend alot of time on forum too?

Edited by GhostShadow, 29 May 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#5 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

Eliminating the competition also applies to real players too.
"WTF, bots everywhere I can't find my own Petites.... Oh wait, if I report em all then I can have the whole map myself. Rawr ~!!!!!"

#6 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:12 AM

yeah i read much stuff but i don't really play much anymore ( mostly mvp and woe -_- )

and that was obviously a troll

Edited by Misery, 29 May 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#7 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

Also you will reduce the reporting because the gossip will go around and people would be afraid of being mistakenly banned

(rare ocurrence you will say but hey, remember the last massive ban of players by logging to early LoL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users