• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sako

sako

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

I remember for Ymir Premium card drop rate was 1/5000. Now that it's VIP, if i'm non-VIP, is card drop rate back to 1/10000 again?

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

It's 2/10000 for non-VIP and 3/10000 for VIP.

#3 sako

sako

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

Oh really? That's even better than how it was back when it was Premium Server. But it doesnt exactly feel like cards are dropping more though.

#4 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

Oh really? That's even better than how it was back when it was Premium Server. But it doesnt exactly feel like cards are dropping more though.

That's because Ymir does not have enough bots to kill tons of monsters per second being "easier" get cards Posted Image

#5 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

Most cards don't actually come from monsters. WoE Castles produce piles of OCAs, as does the now constantly running seal cycle.

#6 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:09 AM

^^ yup. I'm pretty sure all the historic botted cards on Ymir are gone/used now and also all the "dodgey" cards transferred in bulk from Valk since can't do cards now i think.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

Are you even allowed to transfer cards from 1 server to another? Isn't a card considered an "etc." item and therefore not eligible for transfer?

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

I believe it does not matter if the card is already slotted.

#9 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:03 AM

i haven't found a single card in Nogg Road for 2 weeks being there farming Burning HorseShoes and Blank .. Previously b4 this i usually found 1 card per 2day..now it 0 card for 2 weeks (or maybe it just bad luck? or card not dropping anymore? )

#10 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

I believe it does not matter if the card is already slotted.

This is correct, and the reason 10 dozen quad hunterfly weapons showed up for sale on Ymir a week after they let xfers take place again :waddle:

#11 CeruleanRanger

CeruleanRanger

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

This is correct, and the reason 10 dozen quad hunterfly weapons showed up for sale on Ymir a week after they let xfers take place again :waddle:

Eh? So if I want to transfer Phen or Raydric Cards, all I need is put them on a decent slotted equipment and I'm good to go? WTF? >_>

That's like no different from transferring the card itself other than using up your available equipment to transfer which is pretty lot by the way... (4 of each weapons and 3 of each type of armor)

Edited by CeruleanRanger, 06 June 2011 - 09:02 AM.

#12 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

i haven't found a single card in Nogg Road for 2 weeks being there farming Burning HorseShoes and Blank .. Previously b4 this i usually found 1 card per 2day..now it 0 card for 2 weeks (or maybe it just bad luck? or card not dropping anymore? )

I used to find about a card a day but noticed I'm getting maybe one a week, or one every two weeks now. I think I'm just playing less often though, and it's not that the rates have actually changed.

I did just find a Draco Card while doing the Nyd Quest and a Pasana Card while hunting Pharaoh, though.

#13 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

No, this is is pretty much your typical card drop rate. I also kinda think there is a card drop re-stricter on the higher lvl of monster, because it seems when ever i get to monsters over lvl 111 i don't find crap for cards.

#14 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

I got 3 Stapo cards in one run once and 2 Dark Priests card during separate instance ever since VIP. There are a few other cards I got too but I forgot what they are. :v

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

Best day of my life was getting 2 Raydric Cards in a week but never getting any cards after 5 months of playing. >_>

#16 sabjoo

sabjoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Only thing I got to say about hunting cards is that there needs to be a system to actually get the card if 10,000 is killed or something of the sort. Hunting cards is too tedious when your unlucky that and some cards have a ridiculous price ranges and other items no matter what it is or what it does should definitely NOT be dropped at the same rate cause thats just heart-breaking and ridiculous.

#17 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

Heim was actually hinting that the rate might be higher than .02% in some post he made about them not liking the card rate of 2/10000 for other servers... Dunno how accurate that is or what the actually rate is, but yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users