Don't lend out your items - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Don't lend out your items

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 LuckyBunny0

LuckyBunny0

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

I lended a Well Chewed Pencil to someone with a 3 day time frame, guildie saying he got banned for a 3 days and he was on his friends account a Ranger from NWO and wanted to borrow my WCP says he's gonna give it back in 3 days it's now way past 3 days. I have screen shots of the trade and our conversation saved. The 2nd screen shot he might have traded it off to the Maestro named from Immaculate, just assuming. He's techiquely not a friend just guildie, just helping him "temporarily" as was said in the chat 3 day limit not permentantly. I trusted his word.

I was told in the forum that if you screen shot and have the chat saved that you will get your item back just in case anything was to go wrong. If you lend out items to people to borrow even though it has a time frame 3 days and apparently it's past the time frame isn't it called "STEALING". So your saying if I lend my gears off I might as well say good bye to them? Yes I know I lend it out willingly of good faith, but to not get my gear back? REALLY???

This is the new scam people WARNING since GM's not doing anything to give back gears. I guess you can't trust any person on this game. I just want my Well Chew Pencil back that's it!!

GM saying basically you lend it, you lose it, thank you for playing. If i can't get it back I might as well quit. I have too much drama is this game to even continue.

Btw, I have the person names just took them off for here.

#2 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

I lended a Well Chewed Pencil to someone with a 3 day time frame, guildie saying he got banned for a 3 days and he was on his friends account a Ranger from NWO and wanted to borrow my WCP says he's gonna give it back in 3 days it's now way past 3 days. I have screen shots of the trade and our conversation saved. The 2nd screen shot he might have traded it off to the Maestro named from Immaculate, just assuming. He's techiquely not a friend just guildie, just helping him "temporarily" as was said in the chat 3 day limit not permentantly. I trusted his word.

I was told in the forum that if you screen shot and have the chat saved that you will get your item back just in case anything was to go wrong. If you lend out items to people to borrow even though it has a time frame 3 days and apparently it's past the time frame isn't it called "STEALING". So your saying if I lend my gears off I might as well say good bye to them? Yes I know I lend it out willingly of good faith, but to not get my gear back? REALLY???

This is the new scam people WARNING since GM's not doing anything to give back gears. I guess you can't trust any person on this game. I just want my Well Chew Pencil back that's it!!

GM saying basically you lend it, you lose it, thank you for playing. If i can't get it back I might as well quit. I have too much drama is this game to even continue.

lmao. idiot.

#3 Vandir

Vandir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

As with Real Life, never lend anything to anyone you are not willing to part with forever. You do not know the integrity of people, especially people in a online environment that you do not even know. I agree with the GM response on this, they are not responsible for what you do with your stuff. Welcome to life.

#4 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

Yea, i do know, sucks so bad i never lend guildies stuff just personal friends and never expensive stuff, you can still play is not like you are gonna die, you just got a nice lesson from this, never trust on humans.
Also, don't be surprised this is not new, old story and will be still the same.

lmao. idiot.

NO U

Edited by FiskBlack, 30 May 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

This is the same deal as "lending an account" to someone. Then they say they "got hacked" later on after they found all of their stuff gone, when in reality they had recently given their account info to someone for them to "borrow it." That is not a hack. That was someone being dumb in giving their personal info to someone untrustworthy.

#6 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

It's unfortunately as much your responsibility as the person who ripped you off. Certainly, they are not in the right for scamming items, but as Vandir said already, you should never lend something that you don't intend to give away. It's a good rule for life in general, but definitely something important online where you don't see the people you're lending it to face to face. It might be a difficult lesson if it's your first time dealing with something like that, but at least be glad that it wasn't something more valuable that was lost.

#7 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

LuckyBunny if you are on Ymir contact me and I have an extra pencil I can give you

#8 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

LuckyBunny if you are on Ymir contact me and I have an extra pencil I can give you

NWO is a valk guild. your generosity gets my approval tho!

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Epic generosity = +1......even though it's the wrong server. xD

#10 LuckyBunny0

LuckyBunny0

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

This is the same deal as "lending an account" to someone. Then they say they "got hacked" later on after they found all of their stuff gone, when in reality they had recently given their account info to someone for them to "borrow it." That is not a hack. That was someone being dumb in giving their personal info to someone untrustworthy.

I had no idea this had been an on going issue. That is so sad what people would do to get items. It was just the principle of not getting my gear back after "lending it". It's fine, I learn a good lesson now. Basically don't trust people in this game. Fine, I'll keep playing ^^. It's nice to know their are people caring and willing to give me a WCP from RO and Ymir. Thank you for the offers. I'll live without it.

#11 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

I lend people items all the time. Generally I'll lend to people I already know well, but I have lent to others before too. Only a couple items I have never gotten back.

However, my thoughts are thusly: If I lend an item to an untrustworthy person, and that person never talks to me again, then it was worth every zeny.

Edited by Renaldoo, 30 May 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#12 Zalen

Zalen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

LOL This has to be the FUNNIEST post I have ever read. DON'T LEND YOUR -_- OUT TO ANYONE ON RO. DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB.. And now you want someone to replace an item for you that your dumb self lent out to someone you don't even know? LOL DARWIN AWARD RIGHT HERE!!!!

#13 ybfga102

ybfga102

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

I had no idea this had been an on going issue. That is so sad what people would do to get items. It was just the principle of not getting my gear back after "lending it". It's fine, I learn a good lesson now. Basically don't trust people in this game. Fine, I'll keep playing ^^. It's nice to know their are people caring and willing to give me a WCP from RO and Ymir. Thank you for the offers. I'll live without it.

It is not just this game. It's been happening ever since online games started. I know a lot of people who actually have a lot of integrity. I've worked for high end item in a guild in another game and when I left the guild, I actually returned the item even though a lot of people said I earned it and I have the right to keep it. However, generally, there are more untrustworthy people if you don't know them at all. I only lend things out for close friends. Or I can afford to lose that item so I don't get too upset when it is never returned.

#14 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

lmao. idiot.

nope ur an idiot...

#15 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

Yeah I agree with lending items (items you won't regret losing)

I like helping guildees too when I can. And, its usually just to help them level.

The priciest item I've lent to a guildie was an Erudite CoD, which is not even as valuable as WCP.

Sorry for your loss. :thumb:

NWO might get a bad rep from this. (Their problem) -_-

#16 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

nope ur an idiot...

lmfao gtfo

#17 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

lmfao gtfo

Posted Image

#18 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

Posted Image

hahahahahahahahahaha

#19 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

hope u never repeat this mistake again happened to me once too i sure leanred mine

#20 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

The game should have a lending system. I know it's wishful thinking and the developers are in no shape to take on such a task, but people could afford to be a lot more generous if they had some sort of safe guard in place.

#21 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

Cant say ive ever heard of this happening in RO.

#22 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

We lend lots of stuff in my guild.
Got Phen, Carge, Wool Scarf, Tidal Shoes, Mocking Undershirt and such. I also lend other stuff like Morri pieces, Long Mace, Light Epsilon, Cards and all that.

Trust is a bit tricky issue though.

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

There is no fraud protection in RO. Never lend to anyone you can't trust.

I borrow and lend MVP-carded items and DR's all the time, never lost anything valuable, except through forgetting who it went to.

#24 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

just wait for the next box event...

#25 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

First of all I would like to say that you need stop emphasizing that is nWo as it's not like the whole guild are scammers. Besides, SoySource would kick any scammer and I think I know who it is u r talking about. Mind confirming? Other than that please do not defame my guild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users