June Lucky Packs? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

June Lucky Packs?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 taekwonboc

taekwonboc

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Anyone know if there are going to be June Lucky Packs? Or is there some other upcoming event that will take precedence over those?

~just curious -_-

#2 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

PLEASE NO MORE, LET OUR WALLETS REST!!!!!

#3 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

lol... too late xD

#4 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

We're supposed to have a box event every 3 months.

However, there was virtually no time between the Easter & May lucky packs, so idk what Gravity is doing anymore.

#5 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Well, there is no set time between events. They come when they come. If they are this frequent it might even be better - you don't just plug all your money into one event but rather pace it out. Get the unique hats each time then call it quits (unique does not include slotted sunnies).

However, it would be nice if they could stop with the PHP and MCA (although we begged for a year to get MCA again -_-) so the value can go back up.

#6 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

Well anniversary month is in June, so i am guessing there is going to be an adversary box to go with it since the game is f2p now.

I wouldn't mind the boxes as much if they were all new items but when they release items over it can be frustrating if it was something you just purchased with zenny. On the other hand though it all evens out because the inflation on those items would go way out of control if they didn't keep re releasing them.

#7 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

you know next month will start our iRO 8th Anniversary Event so just hink what they will put in a box event.

#8 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Oohh sounds like its time to make some easy money again.

#9 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

Having a box event every 3 months generates a lot more hype in that specific box event-- meaning everything the lucky boxes offer will be extremely volatile on the market:

A. Because nobody knows when a lucky box event will come up and make a 65M item drop down to 20M. Those interested in buying would probably be reluctant, waiting out until they drop from the box event, and those selling will want to get it off their hands before an event does come and decrease their value. In that respect, the comfortable price of those items will drop pretty gradually.

B. When the tension breaks and a long-awaited lucky box event does come, hundreds will hit the market at once and prices will shoot down even further. Once the prices are low enough (In the instance of MCA's, where the MCA's drop to a cheap enough value that the risk of the cost is insignificant to the value of the reward) then the prices will start to rise again. However, that, by proxy, will lower the value of the rewards (GR/DR's dropping, etc.) unless artificially sustained by hoarding (isolating the commodity) and selective release of the items to keep it from saturating.

Having a consistent box event, as.. shameless of a "Give us money!" scheme as that sounds, would lessen the hype pretty substantially. (Look at boxter items for sale now vs. taurus crowns in april. Some of the commodities are at a lower price than in April, but that's because they were still partially deflated from April when May hit.) It'd mean riding the wave on MCA prices wouldn't be relevant-- there would be a steady stream of those items coming in, instead of in 3-month-clumps, and it'd have time to reach equilibrium before plummeting/shooting again. All lucky box items are bringing external items into the system without any internal items taken out of the system to compensate, so the compensation is done in the valuation of those items, and in that way it'd seem bad for the RO economy. But I think that, with consistent lucky box events, "splurging" on lucky boxes would be significantly less, and despite being more often, I'd hypothesize that less, in turn, would be sold, because the items within are valued as part of a system which includes lucky boxes steadily bringing them in. (To clarify: MCA @ 60M, due to no boxes in 3 months = more profit incentive for attaining MCA's through lucky boxes. MCA @ 25M due to consistent lucky box events = "meh".)

I think this ultimately would be better for the prices of those items (MCA just being an example), because currently the inflation is artificial, and the deflation is substantial. When they catch up with each other, there's going to be a whole lot of MCA's sitting on the market at the deflated prices that still won't be bought because there's just so many.

Someone who actually knows something about economics could probably make much better speculation than I, though.

tl;dr

To those worried that lucky-packs will ruin the game, I suggest that the build-up/release of an event every 3 months will have a much heavier impact that disrupts balance a lot more than a constant pressure that the game, as a whole, can gradually respond and acclimate to.

#10 Ryukke

Ryukke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

bloody branches please =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users