Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:04 AM

I have been playing my battle cleric lately and I am noticing it is not what it was in the past. I have taken the full offensive root maxing passives and such, but it feels much much weaker compared to other classes. I have made this thread to discuss adding more options for the offensive side of clerics.

First off, clerics have many skills to choose from, however, most of these skills take a large sum of stat points and need many prerequisites to master.

If I am going to go full battle, and not take any heals or buffs it takes 162 points just to max out the attack power passives which are scatterd across 6 different (attack passive) skills alone. This is not even taking into account, magic defense, or mp passives (although you don't really need mp on a battle cleric). However, the 4 attack skills are prerequisites for all of those passives.

The class that needs the 2nd most points to max out attack power passives are champs, which only take 63 points to do so....

The attack skills are by far the weakest of all classes, the strongest cleric attack is Mana wave which has 781 power and no status effect (althought it has 3m more range than the wand itself).

Comparing this to all other classes strongest skills:

Mage: Permafrost Chill: 1706 power, 100% mspeed down status (reliable)
Or

Elemental Spike 1236 power, no status

Bourgious: Mastered Triple shot: 1350 power, no status (reliable)
Artisan: Posion shot: 1297 power posion status (reliable)

Champ Champion hit: 1723 power 25% aspeed/25% mspeed down (non reliable)

Knight Lightning Crasher: 1050 Power 70% succcesss stun (non reliable)
Heavy Bow Shot: 1345 power 85% success stun, (reliable?)

RaiderPlasma Falcon: 1200 power burn status (reliable)
Freezing Assualt: 1100 power, 80% mspeed down (reliable)

Scout Point Blank Arrow: 1360 power (reliable?)

Mana Wave is a joke compared to these skills; if it doesn't have a status effect the power should be increased a fair amount. It has a 2 second cooldown, but so do mastered triple shot and elemental spike which all don't have extra status effects but the latter have much higher power.

It would be nicer if some of the passives were split and took slightly less skill points because the amount of skill points needed is huge.

Wand control from 18 points and Wand Focusing both take 18 skill points. However, these skills give 10% aspeed, 10% ap and 75-90 mp recovery. 1 % attack power or attack speed for each point is very smal so I beleive these should be lowered to 9 points each.

Or:

Lower Improved Wand Mastery and Wand combat mastery from 18 points to 9 points each. These are the 2 final attack passives you can obtain and because they have so many prerequisites you will have to sacrifice some buffs anyway.

Another point: Unlike any other classes, clerics do not have a single debuff or lingering status effect other than mute, they only have 4 attack skills to top it off. There should be another attack skill available in the cleric tree, single target.

Something along the lines of:

Aura Pulse

Range: 22m
Max level: 9
Skill power at max: 800
Success rate: 90%
Duration: 10 seconds
Cooldown 10 seconds

*This skill should share a cooldown with heavenly grace, so that it wont give clerics to much of a defenseve advantage to heal combined with attack power down* (The lesser heals would not share a cooldown)

If more skills are added a weak absorption skill could be interesting too.

One more skill that could be very useful for support clerics could be a defense down debuff. Something around 5 sp to max, and 40% defense down for 15 seconds. This skill would be useless for a cleric alone as they have no physical attacks, however it could be very useful for the clerics allies to take advantage of with physical attacks.

Feedback is always appreicated.

[Originally posted by Adam on OldForums]

#2 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:08 AM

I would also like to suggest and additional range for our weaps and maybe add some tiny boost on acc and a-spd passive

#3 Kairoz

Kairoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:24 AM

I know others might think otherwise but I do hope that battle clerics can at least have a decloaking skill too. If not, they are just sitting ducks waiting to be killed by raiders during wars.

#4 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:27 AM

Battle clerics died a long time ago buddy.

#5 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:37 AM

They died cause everyone gave up on continuing making one, but no one said its impossible to make one again.
There are still a few battle clerics i see in UW

#6 Kairoz

Kairoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:48 AM

Battle clerics died a long time ago buddy.

Precisely why we need more improvements on them? And yes doesnt mean they are dead means its impossible to build one.

#7 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:42 AM

These changes seem very fair. I think battle clerics need fewer passives and more attack skills. They should swap out some of those passives for attack skills.

Edited by BrownBear, 18 August 2010 - 05:42 AM.

#8 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

freezing assault is aspd down had it been mspeed the scene for dual raider would have been much different

+1 to ur suggestions

#9 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

freezing assault is aspd down had it been mspeed the scene for dual raider would have been much different

+1 to ur suggestions

#10 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:39 AM

These changes seem very fair. I think battle clerics need fewer passives and more attack skills. They should swap out some of those passives for attack skills.

I dont know .. hmm , For me the passives are already good.. they just need to improve it.. Need more skills and some boost in passives like i mentioned above

Edited by Soda, 18 August 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#11 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

The cleric class is not even supposed to be for fighting, so why would they add more?

#12 Kairoz

Kairoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

The cleric class is not even supposed to be for fighting, so why would they add more?

Since when or where has that been stated?

Edited by Kairoz, 18 August 2010 - 10:49 AM.

#13 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

If they are not supposed to be fighting why would they be given any attack skills or attack passives in the first place?

#14 Silwok

Silwok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

Pasted off the rose online website

Cleric

Using the power of holiness, Clerics can support their allies by restoring their health, enhancing their battle abilities, and reviving them from unconsciousness

I don't understand if you want offensive magic why not just go mage unless you have a wand fetish :3

#15 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

Those ingame descriptions are outdated and not even accurate anymore.

"Raiders specialize in fighting with hit and run tactics by using their great speed, high Dodge Rate, stealth skills, and critically powerful lethal strikes"

"Through intense training and discipline, Champions are the warriors with the greatest Attack Power and can fight multiple enemies at the same time "

It says nothing about Champions being fast but in game it's the opposite.

"Endowed with the power of holiness, Knights have the strongest Defense Power of any job and are ideal at fighting battles at the front lines and protecting their comrades "

Last I checked almost all knights are using crossbows now, so you don't see much of that 'front line' fighting when they can kite everyone from a distance.

And maybe I do have a wand

I don't understand if you want offensive magic why not just go mage unless you have a wand fetish :3

Maybe I do?

Edited by Phish, 18 August 2010 - 12:18 PM.

#16 Silwok

Silwok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

don't even get me started on champs msp :3

#17 Rawrr

Rawrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Keep in mind that clerics are not really built for attacking.
It should be fair to say that the damage of cleric's offensive skills should be the lowest of all the other attacking classes

#18 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

I get all your point.. Clerics are meant to be buff slaves just sitting in spawn doing nothing duuhh!? i know right.
Ok seriously, for me its fun to try out different things and a battle cleric is the only class that really gave me a hard time and really made me do math because of the different builds you can do with it. Im so sorry if im not just one of the people who play OP chars *cough* Champs *cough* :rice:

#19 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

you can heal yourself

#20 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

Im so sorry if im not just one of the people who play OP chars *cough* Champs *cough* :rice:

Haha I love it, well said.

#21 Aldrine

Aldrine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

how about give the cleric buffs an opposite effect when used on an enemy?

#22 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

cleric is interesting enough as it is i think. Maybe just a decloak skill would be cool, giving them other stuff would be a bit unfair since they are so good at support. and maybe a better mute

#23 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

cleric is interesting enough as it is i think. Maybe just a decloak skill would be cool, giving them other stuff would be a bit unfair since they are so good at support. and maybe a better mute

Thats why you can choose between Offensive side or being completely supportive ._., and an offensive type of cleric cant buff and heal as good as a supportive one.
I also like you suggestion of decloak, me and my clanmate were thinking maybe like 15m range decloak only so we wont be so OP (not like a decloak can make a char OP anyways)

#24 Kairoz

Kairoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

Gonna bump this and hope at least one of the aspects is addressed the next balancing update.

#25 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

Thats why you can choose between Offensive side or being completely supportive ._., and an offensive type of cleric cant buff and heal as good as a supportive one.
I also like you suggestion of decloak, me and my clanmate were thinking maybe like 15m range decloak only so we wont be so OP (not like a decloak can make a char OP anyways)

Just heal yourself during the cloak, lol.

I'll have to say though, battle clerics really need a big overhaul.

Edited by xHydra, 23 August 2010 - 05:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users