Cleric Improvements - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Cleric Improvements

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#26 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Just heal yourself during the cloak, lol.

I'll have to say though, battle clerics really need a big overhaul.

But a decloak is much helpful in ganging situations ;p

#27 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

But a decloak is much helpful in ganging situations ;p

Ganging situations you'll probably die anyway.

#28 Kairoz

Kairoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

I would say that having a decloak is better than healing yourself during a cloak.

Edited by Kairoz, 23 August 2010 - 10:27 PM.

#29 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

Something along the lines of:

Aura Pulse

Range: 22m
Max level: 9
Skill power at max: 800
Success rate: 90%
Duration: 10 seconds
Cooldown 10 seconds

*This skill should share a cooldown with heavenly grace, so that it wont give clerics to much of a defenseve advantage to heal combined with attack power down* (The lesser heals would not share a cooldown)

If more skills are added a weak absorption skill could be interesting too.

One more skill that could be very useful for support clerics could be a defense down debuff. Something around 5 sp to max, and 40% defense down for 15 seconds. This skill would be useless for a cleric alone as they have no physical attacks, however it could be very useful for the clerics allies to take advantage of with physical attacks.

Feedback is always appreicated.

[Originally posted by Adam on OldForums]

I guess also a skill with 65% a-spd down and 35% m-spd down would be good (this should be the status effect for mana wave) with 10 seconds cooldown

#30 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

65%/35% is too too much of a debuff for one attack. (The crossbow slow shot s 75%/45% but I think thats too much as well). Mana wave could get a small debuff on it but nothing big, otherwise the power should be increased.

I was trying to come up with a new build but the offensive side of clerics is so linear I really can't do anything special without losing offense (which defeats the purpose).

Why do all the skills need so many prerequisites?

For example if I want to get Wand Combat Mastery (a passive in the cleric tree that gives 25% ap, 80% block rate and 15% acc) I need to max mystic armor, improved wand mastery, voltage storm, mana wave,wand focusing, magic battle mastery, mystic shielding, voltage shock, wand control, mana drop, and wand mastery.

It's ridiculous that I have to get all those skills and max them, can't even be thrifty and keep some of those skills at level 1.

#31 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

Imo its not that "Huge" .__. a-spd debuff wont really do anything that much.. cause lets say for example ill do it on a champ, he can still kill me to death since champs skill spam.. and other class hit hard even without much a-spd (on melees)

#32 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Imo its not that "Huge" .__. a-spd debuff wont really do anything that much.. cause lets say for example ill do it on a champ, he can still kill me to death since champs skill spam.. and other class hit hard even without much a-spd (on melees)

But combined with mute it is huge.

Edited by Phish, 25 August 2010 - 10:25 AM.

#33 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:27 PM

But combined with mute it is huge.

Well xbow knights even has mute and muses' mute doesnt have 100% success anyway

#34 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

Well xbow knights even has mute and muses' mute doesnt have 100% success anyway

The debuff on Crossbow knights is (45% aspeed and 75% mspeed) and the mute lasts for the half as long. But like I said I think that skill is a little too much for the success/duration as well.

#35 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

/ends argument xD

BUMP for more suggestions/reactions

#36 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Every time I make cleric suggestions I get the reply back...why would you need that, clerics are built as support. But the developers did try to enable us to make an attack cleric. Unfortunately they did not do enough. Attack/battle clerics are seriously underpowered. Arties are able to be pretty good at crafting and still make good fighters. Why can't clerics give up some of their support skills and make a good fighter. The only thing an attack cleric can do well now is heal if getting attacked and fight a bit. I know they can get the party buffs now since they are IM and can save some skill points by doing that, but even with a full offensive build their attacks are still really weak compared to other classes.

And I am 100% for FS clerics getting a decloak skill as well as a debuff skill. If we can give buffs then we should be able to take them away. Mages can get our buff and heal and bonfire skills but we can get very few, if any really, mage skills. Why not put the decloak skill and maybe even the debuff skill in the common tree so clerics can give up something and get those?

Of all the classes clerics really do use up all their skill points and I have too many things to put in my FKey bars; hell one row is full with buffs and you still need 1 more to use them all and another is filled with party buffs. Not to mention rez, purify, bonfires, 3 heals, oh and quick add me to party or trade me and omg I am being attacked use a hp potion......I'm not in your party but quick buff me, I am in your party buff me too please, heal I need heal! Yeah...we need more room for our skills too. But if we got a decloak and/or a debuff I would find room for them lol.

#37 Kairoz

Kairoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

yet another bump.

#38 MizzAmy

MizzAmy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGroningen-NL

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

I can't agree more with you mom about this ....some players who don't know what is to be a cleric talk very easy about it , i wish all of them who post a damb reply to make a suport cleric and try a union war ....it's like not only buff your party and heal them but also hear around buff me pls , heal me pls and by the time you get to them your dead.... so i wish the heals will get a higher range .... i go heal a party member and a bourg with his skill gets me in his range ...not to mention soldier class who are not magic players but have the ability to mute you .... i can't get the shield block higher because i had to put up all my supotive skills.... and is the same with battle cleric....some of the passive skills take more points then other battle classes.Having alot of int and high magic rezistance doesn't keep any cleric for getting debuff , mute ,sleep ..... i hope here the dev team will work about it and give at least a passive to get some block shield against this.And make a balance to not use so many skills points to passive what in the end don't raise much of our def, magic def and power.

#39 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

It would also be nice to have your buffs be higher with higher int. We work very hard to get higher int but for buffs it now makes little difference; only for heals. If you go full support you can't get the offensive skills or blocks since you run out of sp.

I would love for more people to try to use a FS cleric during a TG war or UW. We are very busy and people don't understand. I have to go through 4 different bars to get to everything everyone needs. So as they yell purify, rez, party buffs, individual buffs, etc I have to go between bars to get to everything. People that are not clerics constantly try to say - well don't you know how to set up? put all of "this" on that bar and "this" on the next....it's easy. And they get so impatient while waiting for buffs or w/e. I say they are dam lucky to have us, since most don't think they can fight, level, farm without a cleric. And those that say they have a cleric so they know, only use their cleric for buffs for farming....not for chasing everyone around a UW map and trying to support everyone, not just the party.

I am not complaining, I love playing cleric and after years of it think I understand the class. I just think a few adjustments would make it more fun and maybe easier for everyone. More spaces in the skills bars, decloak from mage to common tree, int effecting buffs, mage debuff to common tree, more ways to achieve block.

#40 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:07 AM

It would also be nice to have your buffs be higher with higher int. We work very hard to get higher int but for buffs it now makes little difference; only for heals. If you go full support you can't get the offensive skills or blocks since you run out of sp.

I would love for more people to try to use a FS cleric during a TG war or UW. We are very busy and people don't understand. I have to go through 4 different bars to get to everything everyone needs. So as they yell purify, rez, party buffs, individual buffs, etc I have to go between bars to get to everything. People that are not clerics constantly try to say - well don't you know how to set up? put all of "this" on that bar and "this" on the next....it's easy. And they get so impatient while waiting for buffs or w/e. I say they are dam lucky to have us, since most don't think they can fight, level, farm without a cleric. And those that say they have a cleric so they know, only use their cleric for buffs for farming....not for chasing everyone around a UW map and trying to support everyone, not just the party.

I am not complaining, I love playing cleric and after years of it think I understand the class. I just think a few adjustments would make it more fun and maybe easier for everyone. More spaces in the skills bars, decloak from mage to common tree, int effecting buffs, mage debuff to common tree, more ways to achieve block.

I've had enough of debuff, no need to make more people debuff you.

#41 Kairoz

Kairoz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

Mages' debuff would be OP for clerics imo even when the percentage has been lowered. Many are gonna complain again if this is implemented under the common skill tree. Anyway another bump, hope they will do something about it this update!

#42 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

THe debuffing skill is really obnoxious and 'cheap' in pvp. Yes Fierce Cudlgeling has been lowered so people cannot spam it as safely as before but I agree and don't want to see a full support cleric as a threat to a fighting character.

#43 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:49 AM

Hey, might as well ask for the Moon. I figure it is good to try to ask for everything, maybe we will get some. But again, I say since we give the buffs we should be able to take them away.

#44 xHydra

xHydra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:50 AM

Hey, might as well ask for the Moon. I figure it is good to try to ask for everything, maybe we will get some. But again, I say since we give the buffs we should be able to take them away.

Making the buffs "debuff" on enemy players, as in -% of stats could be nice, but it should only be short and maybe only half the effect, as to not make it too overpowered, but I'm not sure how they would code it.

#45 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:34 AM

I agree about the % debuffs but not totally lose the buff

#46 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

I might agree if they moved it from the mage tree to the cleric tree. Definitely not to the common tree though.

Really though, buffs are too big a part of Rose for this skill to be fair.

#47 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

Since you've increased the cooldown on our stuns (which im totally fine cause of stun lock) give us some other useful skills which battle clerics can benefit from and make it that only "battle" clerics can have so that it wont be so op for others.

#48 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

Give me a bit of details on what you think a battle cleric should function as.

They can't be epic fighters, there is a point where we feel being a cleric surviving a PvM fight is fine, but being able to keep up in terms of EXP/hr to that of other classes is just making them a "generic" fighting class. Hope you understand where we are coming from, and as much as we would like to offer the clerics the building tools for battle we ask that you understand that being = to the fighting classes is not our goal. Being capable of lasting a PvM fight is idea for us, make it fun, but don't make it generic!

#49 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:39 PM

Calanor I explained alot of what I think should be improved upon in the cleric tree and I don't think it would make them overpowered fighting wise but slightly better than what they are now.

My sugesstions were to breifly:

Decrease the amount of points needed for passives because it is an insane amount just for the attack power ones alone.
Add another skill with a debuff. Clerics are the only class that cannot lower an enemies stats at all.
Increase the power of mana wave since it has no status effect and is much weaker than other classes statusless skills.
Give the skill tree a little more freedom with the amount of prerequisites needed for skills. (ie make it not necessary to max each skill in the tree to get he next one)

#50 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:48 AM

The point that i dont get is that why are you guys forcing us to be one sided?, Don't you know (for some) that just being full support, getting spammed by "buffs plz" "heal plzz" and just buffing people is abit boring?. What im saying is that a battle cleric was possible before, it HAS BEEN DONE before and STILL is POSSIBLE to make a battle cleric now. So why change things that has been done? We cant be overpowered ( i dont even remember a time that we were ) So for me the purpose of those IM buffs was to buff people still and make use of those sp for heals and stuff and at the same time we could also deal a decent damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users