Deep Sleep Lulaby - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Deep Sleep Lulaby

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

hey heim can you nerf DSL nxt maint? i mean dead people can get deep sleep, which makes the skill more abusive in GD EVEN when you are dead. so makes it, so it has no effect on dead people ^^

i mean there is nothing you can do againts it, its an over powered skill, you can re use skill before your sleep runs out, has low cast time and abusive on dead people =(. and worst part, you can't do anything againts it

Edited by Unifan, 30 May 2011 - 09:59 PM.

#2 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

My only qualm with it is that it can be used to heal an emp.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

^ this.

#4 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

Same here, that needs urgent fixing.

#5 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

there is nothing you can do againts it

Just use packet senders to win like everyone else.

iRO Cheat 2 Win right?

#6 Ryukke

Ryukke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

by the time they 'fix' it, the new gd and :( is going to be up and running and new method of making god items.
i'd be more worried about it healing emps but hey, nobody is ever going to break juno2 so who really gives a-_- anymore. =)

#7 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

i mean there is nothing you can do againts it, its an over powered skill, you can re use skill before your sleep runs out, has low cast time and abusive on dead people =(. and worst part, you can't do anything againts it

Lies. L2P.

Edited by Sapphic, 30 May 2011 - 11:07 PM.

#8 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

so you guy's want to nerf the only SKILL that we maestro players use. Why not try to play legit instead of QQing?

#9 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

oh nvm you should just buff manhole so you can use it on a dead person, also make it so you can snatch dead people too, while you are it, make it so you can warp portal dead people out. xD whats with the negative reply? im just pointing out an over powered skill =p. nothing personals.

Questions: is it possible to move a character and join chat, without moving their cursor? i like those youtube vids, yall prety legit too /omg

Edited by Unifan, 30 May 2011 - 11:19 PM.

#10 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

If performers are being used effectively against you why not take out the performers or counter with... performers? Is it so hard?

#11 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

i don't see why bother. i mean your character is dead, nothing should work on a dead person except ressurection. why should a dead person get status effect. thats completely dumb.

#12 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

It's been happening since renewal came out. I suggest trying to counter it rather than whining about a nerf. The dead people thing is weird and understandable to want changed, but crying about nerfing the skill is ridiculous and selfish. Btw, it can also be removed from dead people so like I said, counter it.

#13 ralphiz

ralphiz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

-1; OP is mad that Deep Sleep Lullaby prevents him from cheating.

#14 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

Here's a good video I found about DSL. It's good.

#15 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

I'm going to assume this has something to do with god items.

Fact #1: Deep sleep doesn't prevent the server from letting you talk to NPCs.

This is important. But then...

Fact #2: Deep sleep appears to prevent the client from initiating an NPC dialogue.

So it would seem that you can't legitly talk to NPCs while in deep sleep, right?

Well... not quite. Deep sleep doesn't directly prevent you from clicking on NPCs. It just "freezes" your character (much like what happens when your cast is interrupted by spell breaker), and it is this freezing, not the deep sleep, that blocks the client. Anything that breaks the freeze, such as getting hit, or moving, will let you talk to NPCs again even if you're still in deep sleep.

There's another event that breaks the freeze, which I didn't mention above because I'm saving it for emphasis: resurrection. That's right: the moment you self res or get ressed, your character is no longer frozen on the client side and you can click on NPCs to your heart's content. Conclusion: DSL is useless against dead characters trying for god items.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

so you guy's want to nerf the only SKILL that we maestro players use. Why not try to play legit instead of QQing?

Does the 8 second cool down not enough? Let us not forget that Deep Sleep also affect party members as well.

In addition, isn't it common sense that a character can't talk to an NPC since the character is slept?

If you guys do nerf it ragnarok characters would now be able to sleep talk. woopy doo~

Isn't it funny how you did not complain about Arullo? Arullo is practically 100% chance of sleep, where Deep Sleep does not.

You should just stop QQ'ing about Deep Sleep and go try playing a Maestro in WOE. Deep sleep is one of the only skills that makes Maestros strategically valuable, and you want to take it away? I think not.

Try taking away a Genetic's instant cast Cannon Ball, or a Sura's SNAP skill.

I think I speak for all players who's main are Maestro's and Wanderer's when I say "Suck it Up, Deep sleep only lasts for about 5 seconds"

#17 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

snip

This is true, but the player can't move or cast skills after resurrecting until the deep sleep effect wears off. Even if a player initiates an npc dialogue and enters the god item creation hallway while deep slept, they have to wait until it wears off to start running. Unfortunately, it's not quite as effective against players who can join the chat room from the hallway spawn point. :(

#18 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

This is true, but the player can't move or cast skills after resurrecting until the deep sleep effect wears off. Even if a player initiates an npc dialogue and enters the god item creation hallway while deep slept, they have to wait until it wears off to start running. Unfortunately, it's not quite as effective against players who can join the chat room from the hallway spawn point. :)

Ah, I forgot to mention this. Deep sleep isn't preserved when you DC, log out, or change servers. The hallway is on a different server from all of the GDs, so deep sleep is gone whenever anyone spawns in the hall.

But this only pertains to deep sleep. I was already 80% sure the guy in the video was doing that... the video just pushed it to 100%. I know for a fact that D[][][] is innocent though. :(

#19 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

Deep sleep need a Nerf if it have 100% to sleep people but it not
o.O... it Can heal EMp??? That something new ..

Edited by Dukeares, 31 May 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#20 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:51 AM

QQing because he cant ninja a God item no more? LOLOLOLOLOL

#21 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

To the OP: I suggest you contribute to this thread. More serious DSL discussion.

#22 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

Someone help me. I ebay for God items and play a sura and need a nerf on anything that helps people kill me. I paid too much money that wasnt even mine for the god items for this to happen to me. Take deep sleep away.

No.

#23 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

There wouldn't have been any god items to eBay if all current exploits were addressed. :(

We've been rolling the seals as an alliance and haven't lost one to a legit player.

#24 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

It's call deep sleep for a reason...you can't put a corpse to sleep regularly.

#25 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

There wouldn't have been any god items to eBay if all current exploits were addressed. :(

We've been rolling the seals as an alliance and haven't lost one to a legit player.

God items have and will, always be created, no matter what. They also will be illegally traded for with real money as the OP did. Just to a lesser degree. When the GMs made it possible to "change owner" is when Im able to point this out with a laugh of pity. I've heard stories of a guy buying double meginjards for 8,000 dollars, and he admitted it in front of me on ventrilo.

Then people with these items complain about a skill that temporarily freezes their character by an underpowered class, causing them to die? On a sura?

oh God items forbid that they actually die to someone who finds a counter to them. Gms help me, nerf one of the only skills that helps my sura with 2 megingjards get killed.

Bad.

Hahahahahahahaahahahha <--------- lmao imagine that times about 140 right about now.

Edited by veteran2003, 31 May 2011 - 06:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users