What bothers me the most... - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

What bothers me the most...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#51 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:retired

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

I guess as an outsider, I'm just arguing that your evidence to the contrary (a couple screen shots of you winning and losing), isn't as compelling as Lamb's video. Like Lamb, I'm just hoping that the GMs investigate all god item creation in the recent past. Animosity's runs should be looked at as well.

The point of the last two screenshots isn't that I lost, it's that I "won" by a healthy margin without cheating. There were five other people there. Surely one of them remembers the goofy-looking shadow chaser with the guild recruiter hat.

Anyway, I don't know if they can do anything about past rolls at this point, but they do need to fix the exploit ASAP. (This is not new; it's been known to the GMs for at least 8 months now.) A range/position check on chat joins would do it. If that's not possible, they could do some simple scripting changes:

1. Move the chat to one of the unoccupied rooms.
2. Change the GD dwarves to set a flag before warping to the hall.
3. Put a touch-activated NPC at the end of the hall (like the rogue entrance warps or the hole for the seal 3 quest) that clears the flag and warps you to the room with the chat.
4. Change the final NPC so if the flag is set, it sends you to jail.

I confronted HaM about this on MSN, asking what's up. His excuse was...we have a video of him DCing. He spawned in the hallway and DCed. I guess he forgot the fact that he made a god item. :(

Or that there's a pillar of light when you DC.

#52 Afrikan

Afrikan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

this :( has been going on for awhile. ive lost like 5 seal rolls that i should have won easily and they were all really shady. never see the person in hall even tho its pretty much impossible with my computer/latency not to at least see them. a GM told me it's because the person lives across the street from their servers lol

#53 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

The point of the last two screenshots isn't that I lost, it's that I "won" by a healthy margin without cheating. There were five other people there. Surely one of them remembers the goofy-looking shadow chaser with the guild recruiter hat.

Anyway, I don't know if they can do anything about past rolls at this point, but they do need to fix the exploit ASAP. (This is not new; it's been known to the GMs for at least 8 months now.) A range/position check on chat joins would do it. If that's not possible, they could do some simple scripting changes:

1. Move the chat to one of the unoccupied rooms.
2. Change the GD dwarves to set a flag before warping to the hall.
3. Put a touch-activated NPC at the end of the hall (like the rogue entrance warps or the hole for the seal 3 quest) that clears the flag and warps you to the room with the chat.
4. Change the final NPC so if the flag is set, it sends you to jail.

Or that there's a pillar of light when you DC.

There's plenty they can do about the past rolls. I know of 2 times where we were in the chat and ended up losing to cheaters =( Give me my god items.

I really wish they had the new system. Guilds that do the majority of the quest get a head start. The problem with that though is that...Tor bots the seal quests as well. I've seen him roaming around on 3 different chars actively and they are all on different parts of the quests.

Heard the same thing about Unifan, but his bot apparently resets his char once they are done and...he only bots seal 1. Anybody else notice this?

#54 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

We are investigating. Appropriateness will be applied to characters/items when the investigation is complete.

#55 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

Posted Image

#56 LivinLyfe

LivinLyfe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 970 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

LMAO Lamb cries and gets what he wants. Go figure. Grats Lamb!!!

#57 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

+1 Vote to have the cheaters Perma Banned.

#58 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

Lamb rolls the seals with his guild and loses to cheaters over and over and over again.
Lamb suspects something is up.
Lamb manages to catch the guy cheating and causing such frustration.
Lamb prepares a video showing the guy cheating.
Lamb reports it.

idk if that's crying. It's not like I'm running around saying OMFG NERF DEEP SLEEP! It's too good! Or...OMFG NERF RGS! THEY KEEP KILLING ME.

LMAO LivinLyfe cries and gets rattled cause he made a stupid post. :)

Now that this is public and the GMs are investigating, I guess I can go back to work. :(

EDIT: Thanks for the support, iRO community. Keep this thread alive.

Edited by Lambor, 31 May 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#59 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:29 AM

Lamb rolls the seals with his guild and loses to cheaters over and over and over again.
Lamb suspects something is up.
Lamb manages to catch the guy cheating and causing such frustration.
Lamb prepares a video showing the guy cheating.
Lamb reports it.

idk if that's crying. It's not like I'm running around saying OMFG NERF DEEP SLEEP! It's too good! Or...OMFG NERF RGS! THEY KEEP KILLING ME.

LMAO LivinLyfe cries and gets rattled cause he made a stupid post. :)

Now that this is public and the GMs are investigating, I guess I can go back to work. :(

EDIT: Thanks for the support, iRO community. Keep this thread alive.

Yeah, you're right. I agree with you that Real Money Trading suras who want megs and cry about deep sleep should be smacked in the mouth irl

#60 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

People are blatantly cheating. Of course they should be banned/have their sets deleted. Good lord you're stupid.

#61 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

I need your help here. On the one hand, callout threads are not something I want to have on the forums. On the other hand, you guys are all adults and shouldn't need me to be having to unapprove your posts and lock flame threads. Heim and the GMs are investigating the reports we have been receiving, but it takes time to sift through the data logs we have requested from the IT/database department.

You guys want to see immediate action on this and want to see some heads rolling. This isn't really something we can do through the forums, we'll be in contact through PMs and the tickets on this but threads on this are just going to cause issues and in the end, we wouldn't be allowed to comment on an investigation's progress here anyway.

I'm sure Heim's going to want to comment on this issue when he comes in, but for the meanwhile give the GMs some room to work please.

yes its something that gravity dont realize yet, almost all iro players are 17+ and the way that is published its childish

#62 Ciler

Ciler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

We are investigating. Appropriateness will be applied to characters/items when the investigation is complete.

Please make a public (forum) statement at the end then; or it'll be all for naught and rumours.

#63 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

I heard that it was Kyrushin from Wild blades errm I mean genji in that D[][][] Recaller is it true?
Also how do you make a god item before the dwarf gives you the 10 minute warning because i have cast boost the whole time and I still cant make the god item before he gives you the warning... how does that work?

Edited by DeltaRay, 31 May 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#64 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

It means that Ren was able to enter the god item creation room and talk to the NPC AND create the god item in less than 10 seconds. Whenever I create one, I always take my time on that NPC. It's a big deal! GMs will be investigating everybody though, I assume. Her included. She seems to race the hallway. I've noticed that she's done with the NPC chat incredibly fast though. Nobody is legit as far as I'm concerned. Just investigate across the board.

#65 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

O nooo no one is legit anymore ?should I started recording ^_^ see if I can still win.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

Don't fraps delta, you'll lag ;(

#67 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

Why isn't this pinned? I'm pissed off that GM's don't seem to actually be taking this seriously.

#68 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

Why isn't this pinned? I'm pissed off that GM's don't seem to actually be taking this seriously.

The fact that it hasn't been deleted (when it had priorly) shows they're taking it seriously. The bulk of this matter is handled privately through tickets and in-game-- a public investigation of this would turn it into sensationalism, instead of handling it soberly and maturely.

#69 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

I would have cried too.

Imagine if you were at Haseo's quinceañera and the one who broke the piñata got 1k pesos and some anime music that he burned onto a cd himself.
You reallllly wanted to win, but Hamsinx got to go before you and broke it in one swing. You then remember Hamsinx wasn't even at the party, but he sent some packets over the smash the piñata.

You would be pretty pissed. I know I would.

#70 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

I would have cried too.

Imagine if you were at Haseo's quinceañera and the one who broke the piñata got 1k pesos and some anime music that he burned onto a cd himself.
You reallllly wanted to win, but Hamsinx got to go before you and broke it in one swing. You then remember Hamsinx wasn't even at the party, but he sent some packets over the smash the piñata.

You would be pretty pissed. I know I would.

LOL! WTF! +1 to that.

@ Delta. You run for us. I obviously know that you're legit. I'm always on vent with you. I can't sit here and say oh, they cheat, he cheats, and she cheats, but then turn around and say "but we're legit :( " because then people will just turn it around and try to make accusations about us as well. To be fair, everybody should be considered illegit and everybody should be investigated. I know you and Braska are good though. Nobody else does.

#71 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

LOL! WTF! +1 to that.

@ Delta. You run for us. I obviously know that you're legit. I'm always on vent with you. I can't sit here and say oh, they cheat, he cheats, and she cheats, but then turn around and say "but we're legit :( " because then people will just turn it around and try to make accusations about us as well. To be fair, everybody should be considered illegit and everybody should be investigated. I know you and Braska are good though. Nobody else does.

Reverse logic on innocent until proven guilty, I see what you did there!

#72 Riand

Riand

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

Yo Gm's can you investigate the first Meg that was made on Lambinator after you implemented the kvm rewards. Because apparently I cheated and then lost, so that means they must have a super cheat. :(

Oh and please implement that time advantage for doing seal quests because I've quested/botted up a few hundred chars ready to turn in.

I've also been on Animosity vent where I heard Lamb admitting to the use of packets. bannnn him plz

Oh and you know that seal roll where Con got caught, it was because we got Heim to supervise the roll. Next time msn him to patrol it for you guys , stupids.

#73 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

:(

#74 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Yo Gm's can you investigate the first Meg that was made on Lambinator after you implemented the kvm rewards. Because apparently I cheated and then lost, so that means they must have a super cheat. :(

Oh and please implement that time advantage for doing seal quests because I've quested/botted up a few hundred chars ready to turn in.

I've also been on Animosity vent where I heard Lamb admitting to the use of packets. bannnn him plz

Oh and you know that seal roll where Con got caught, it was because we got Heim to supervise the roll. Next time msn him to patrol it for you guys , stupids.

Why don't you give actual proof instead of trolling? Not only that but several well known people have come forth and publicly stated that they have had similar problems with people that "Ham" has collaborated with in the past.

http://forums.irowik...&postcount=3364

This is evidence.

#75 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

He pretends to be afk :( I know GM 23 was online that night but he logged out a couple minutes after

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users