beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

hey should i take counter slash?? or take venom impress??

i'm actually not to familiar with those skills as i haven't really used them yet. according to the guide though, venom impress is a must have?

#27 sistars

sistars

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Locationindo
  • Server:ygg

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

is it really need that GX have to get AGi more then 90?

#28 tonihund

tonihund

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

what is the best GX Build anyway?
I heard rumors that the poison build should be very strong and does many dmg.
But i am using just deadly poison+rc and sometimes cross impact.

#29 Fl3ablast

Fl3ablast

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Hey..my gx is lvl 111 atm..critical build..but I haven't put up any skill points in CDP/EDP as a SinX..just needed to know now whether ibshoud reset skills or is there another way out for me?

#30 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hey..my gx is lvl 111 atm..critical build..but I haven't put up any skill points in CDP/EDP as a SinX..just needed to know now whether ibshoud reset skills or is there another way out for me?

youre lvl 111........sounds like youre doing fine to me =p

#31 Ryoku83

Ryoku83

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hey all, I'm a returning player, played a bit many many years ago, a lot has changed and I've forgotten the rest.  When creating my Novice how should a allocate my initial stats? Also what should I be putting my stats into form 1 and on?  Which route do you think would be easiest for a new player with no zeny/gear to his name Crit or DD?

I made a character and before I got very far I thought I should come ask these questions, rather start over now at lvl 10 then find out I messed up and start over at lvl 80 or something.  Right now I have my Novice setup at 10 str, 13 agi, 5 vit, 1 int, 10 dex, 5 luk at lvl 10 in the training area.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

#32 Godpersonified

Godpersonified

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hey all, I'm a returning player, played a bit many many years ago, a lot has changed and I've forgotten the rest. When creating my Novice how should a allocate my initial stats? Also what should I be putting my stats into form 1 and on? Which route do you think would be easiest for a new player with no zeny/gear to his name Crit or DD?

I made a character and before I got very far I thought I should come ask these questions, rather start over now at lvl 10 then find out I messed up and start over at lvl 80 or something. Right now I have my Novice setup at 10 str, 13 agi, 5 vit, 1 int, 10 dex, 5 luk at lvl 10 in the training area.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

You should go katar type since dual daggers are expensive to be good. Which you could do if you invest heavily in wpe and get zeny and buy whatever gears you need.
But if you are not doing that katar is the way to go.

For stats go for
STR - whatever is left
AGI - 90
Vit - 4
Int - 1
Dex - 52
Luk - 30
These are base values and you will get more than 60 STR and around 27 crit or something like that.
Do all the Eden quests and get their gears. They are pretty good.
Invest in AGI and dex till you hit 52 dex 52 AGI then go STR and luk till you hit 30 luk then you can go 90 AGI .. This way you will dodge a lot and hit your targets at the same time so you won't burn too many pots .

Pick up everything no matter how much cash you got. Be a PORING!! Don't npc unless you're sure it's not needed anywhere.
Make an alt merchant
Vend everything/ overcharge everything / discount buy everything..

Hope this helps ^_^..
Also if you need a levelling partner you can try pm Godlik^e~GX.. I'm not online very much but I can always help out with where to level and stuff. Google valk players guild. And check their renewal levelling page. They have for every single level which monster is TEN Levels higher since at that difference you get 150% the Exp..

Good luck.. Hope you enjoy your time spent playing RO ^_^

#33 Ryoku83

Ryoku83

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

You should go katar type since dual daggers are expensive to be good. Which you could do if you invest heavily in wpe and get zeny and buy whatever gears you need.
But if you are not doing that katar is the way to go.

For stats go for
STR - whatever is left
AGI - 90
Vit - 4
Int - 1
Dex - 52
Luk - 30
These are base values and you will get more than 60 STR and around 27 crit or something like that.
Do all the Eden quests and get their gears. They are pretty good.
Invest in AGI and dex till you hit 52 dex 52 AGI then go STR and luk till you hit 30 luk then you can go 90 AGI .. This way you will dodge a lot and hit your targets at the same time so you won't burn too many pots .

Pick up everything no matter how much cash you got. Be a PORING!! Don't npc unless you're sure it's not needed anywhere.
Make an alt merchant
Vend everything/ overcharge everything / discount buy everything..

Hope this helps ^_^..
Also if you need a levelling partner you can try pm Godlik^e~GX.. I'm not online very much but I can always help out with where to level and stuff. Google valk players guild. And check their renewal levelling page. They have for every single level which monster is TEN Levels higher since at that difference you get 150% the Exp..

Good luck.. Hope you enjoy your time spent playing RO ^_^

Thanks for your input, sorry for being late in replying I've been a busy beaver lvling several Characters lol.

I've just been farming Strawberries for zeny, and then pick up what isn't complete trash to vend.  I've gotten into a decent routine for lvling characters.  Basicly I just farm spores till 20 (usually get 50-60 straws which I wait for someone to have their merch buying them for 2500+) then go to anthell and kill eggs/ants till 55, then go kill metallers.  Worked pretty good for the Knight (lvl 72), Super Novice (lvl 55), Archer (lvl 46) I've made (archer hasn't moved up to the metallers yet though).

I started my Theif today and got her to 20, stats are currently 10 str, 28 agi, 14 dex (pumping dex now).  I read on another post that if I go to job lvl 50 I get a Jur [3] for free is that true? should I do that (I am playing on Chaos Renewal) and If I do should I Invest in Soldier Skeleton Cards for it?

Edited by Ryoku83, 26 August 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#34 Godpersonified

Godpersonified

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hmmm instead of investing in ss cards since you're levelling many chars get a morrigane set, it's really good for all attacking chars.. Gives dodge attack and everything .. But get the entire set. It's around 16m for the entire set that is the morrigane ( helm - 400k , manteau - 14m , belt - 800k and pendant - 800k ) also I went to job 50 and after the test I got katar[2] not jur.. You don't have to go if you don't want to. I was bored so I just kept levelling him till job 50.. After the morrigane set I suggest investing in elemental katars.. They're around two mil.. Or just go to weapons shop and get the strongest attack katar and use it. Don't really need specific weapons as of now. After you become GX you have a lot
Of katars you could get for various purposes so probably save up for that.

So to summarise save 16m, check market on forums here .. Pm all the nice people selling the morrigane items and save the rest for when you become a GX.. And pots .. Good luck ^_^

#35 Ryoku83

Ryoku83

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hmmm instead of investing in ss cards since you're levelling many chars get a morrigane set, it's really good for all attacking chars.. Gives dodge attack and everything .. But get the entire set. It's around 16m for the entire set that is the morrigane ( helm - 400k , manteau - 14m , belt - 800k and pendant - 800k ) also I went to job 50 and after the test I got katar[2] not jur.. You don't have to go if you don't want to. I was bored so I just kept levelling him till job 50.. After the morrigane set I suggest investing in elemental katars.. They're around two mil.. Or just go to weapons shop and get the strongest attack katar and use it. Don't really need specific weapons as of now. After you become GX you have a lot
Of katars you could get for various purposes so probably save up for that.

So to summarise save 16m, check market on forums here .. Pm all the nice people selling the morrigane items and save the rest for when you become a GX.. And pots .. Good luck ^_^

I read a guide on a website (think it may have been the one you linked in an earlier post) it also suggested that set for a crit sin.  Anyways this is going to be a work in progress, I'll likely get it to Assassin and then shelve it till I can afford gear =P

#36 Ryoku83

Ryoku83

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Alright I got my Thief to Assassin last night, If you go to job lvl 50 as a Thief they let you choose between 4 weapons, Jur [3], Katar [2], Main Gauche [4], or Stiletto [3].  Now I just need to start saving for the Morrigane Set (I got the helm already).

#37 Nocturne_Saint

Nocturne_Saint

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

• I'm a bit confused on how to go skill and equipment wise for an assassin cross/gx cross for pve and mvp. would iwant to go katars and crit build?

Edited by Nocturne_Saint, 07 December 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#38 kyrios91

kyrios91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

• I'm a bit confused on how to go skill and equipment wise for an assassin cross/gx cross for pve and mvp. would iwant to go katars and crit build?

As for equipments, the Morrigane Set would suffice from a Sin-X until the early stages of being a GX. Then as a GX you would primarily use Rolling Cutter and Cross Ripper Slasher... although I saw some GXs that deals around 8k crits per auto-attack.

Edited by kyrios91, 09 December 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#39 Nocturne_Saint

Nocturne_Saint

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

got some suitable gear for my rebirth now. I just need to know

1.what skills will i need for MVP on sinx,

2. the skills that carry over as prerequisites for Gx,

3.the Gx skills that are must have for mvp.

there are so many ways to screw up a build for someone like me that does not know the class as well as others. I don't want to have to buy a ton of reset stones to fix my build if i botch it.

like on the theif tree, i know that hiding, steal , improved dodge and envenom are needed, but will putting any points into double attack screw over my chance at getting the most amount of crit hits? i read somewhere on this forum that double attack will ruin chance at getting a crit. can someone verify this?

if this is the case what do i put my points into if i should put none into double attack? would they let you carry over the unused points when you go from high theif to sinX?

does double attack even work when using jur or katars? i read in the iro wiki that double attack works with daggers? so would i be safe putting points into double attack cause it won't activate using katars?

Edited by Nocturne_Saint, 10 December 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#40 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

maybe i post in the wrong topic

when i use iro stats calculator i found item name abrasive (crit+30)
how iro player get that item, is that from cash/quest?

#41 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

maybe i post in the wrong topic

when i use iro stats calculator i found item name abrasive (crit+30)
how iro player get that item, is that from cash/quest?

from cash shop, you get 10 for 75kp

#42 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hi , nice guide . thanks for making it.

Can someone explain what venom impress does?  I dont use any poison but edp.

Why is it a must have? and to get first.

Wouldnt you want to get  cross impact or rolling cutter first, since those are your main leveling skills?

also , if you are leveling with ROlling cutter most of the time , it sounds like you'd need a lot of dex, as higher monsters you may not be able to hit, if you dont use various food buffs.

#43 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Wouldnt you want to get  cross impact or rolling cutter first, since those are your main leveling skills?

also , if you are leveling with ROlling cutter most of the time , it sounds like you'd need a lot of dex, as higher monsters you may not be able to hit, if you dont use various food buffs.

venom impress is a passive that lowers enemy poison resist, so if you use enchant poison alot, it willl help your dps a little bit.

the guide is a little outdated, it is definitely not a must have skill or a first get skill.

i always aim for max rolling cutter(so you can mob level) first then i max either crs(to pick off mobs after rolling cutter) or poison research(to increase edp duration) next.

you do need a decent amount of dex in renewal to hit mobs, i would say 60-70 dex at level 100 would be enuff, then the rest of your hit you try to get from gear

#44 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmorroc (45,107)

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Venom Impression is an Active skill, not passive. Do not get it until late game, I got 5 points in it and I regretted it :p_swt:

#45 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Venom Impression is an Active skill, not passive. Do not get it until late game, I got 5 points in it and I regretted it :p_swt:

is it? i never get it on my gx's, as i hardly ever bother using enchant poison, i was going off of irowiki saying it was passive, my apologies >.<

http://irowiki.org/w...enom_Impression

#46 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

from cash shop, you get 10 for 75kp

thank you sir :D

venom impress reduce enemy poison element resistance 50%, so u need change your weapon elemen to poison with enchant poison.

but since it was leave mark on target, they can assume u will use enchant poison and they will switch with Evil druid armor (on pvp/woe), or u can trick them and use fire converter.
u didnt need it first
just go cross impact first and then rolling if you want leveling, or just go to rolling first if u need asap for mob hunt

Edited by samudra, 24 March 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#47 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

thanks for the replies and insight yall.

I have a question about

Venom pressure skill ( gives extra hit);  for that skill do i have to enchant a gx poison  or

use the skill venomous poison..extra hit bonus?

Edited by Ashore, 24 March 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#48 samudra

samudra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

thanks for the replies and insight yall.

I have a question about

Venom pressure skill ( gives extra hit);  for that skill do i have to enchant a gx poison  or

use the skill venomous poison..extra hit bonus?

only when you use venom pressure to target you get extra hit bonus

#49 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmorroc (45,107)

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

is it? i never get it on my gx's, as i hardly ever bother using enchant poison, i was going off of irowiki saying it was passive, my apologies >.<

http://irowiki.org/w...enom_Impression

Yup, and no worries. I thought it was passive as well since I checked the wiki before putting any skill points on it. Maybe it was passive before and they have make it active.

#50 Energystar

Energystar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

anyone know what is best build to pass GX job change easily ? :heh:

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users