Do gums/HE gums affect... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Do gums/HE gums affect...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

The drop rate of gear-based drops? (e.g. spare card, myst case/mimic, etc.) Or only the monsters natural drops? I'd imagine it would, but over about 10 15-minute sessions of HE Gums in Chiv, I got substantially more elunium than blank cards, despite the elunium being a lower base drop rate. 10 is a pretty anomalous sample size, but I don't have the time and money to make testing a huge sample-size worthwhile. Figured I could just ask and risk looking foolish instead.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Renaldoo, 31 May 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#2 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

It definitely used to. But I'm not sure if it does under the new system.

It would require another round of testing to be certain, I'd think.

#3 Gabe22400

Gabe22400

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hmm, Im my experience, it did not in renewal and pre renewal. When I was farming for goat horn and blue herbs back then, I would get about 12 blank cards per 15 mins. When it was double drop event, I would pop HE Gums to farther my chances with blues but I noticed my blank pile would stay the same.

#4 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

Hmm, Im my experience, it did not in renewal and pre renewal. When I was farming for goat horn and blue herbs back then, I would get about 12 blank cards per 15 mins. When it was double drop event, I would pop HE Gums to farther my chances with blues but I noticed my blank pile would stay the same.

Dam -.- I got 150 Blanks in 1 Hours,with out any Gum/HE gum, I should try with gum later... brb

#5 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

I believe it does not.

#6 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

They definitely do not affect gear-based drops, because gums affects the variable global drop rate system, which all monster drops are calculated off. Gear-based drops, however, have their own fixed rates and thus are unaffected by the global drop system (and thus unaffected by gums).

#7 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

Thank you kindly for the responses! At least I know I'm not crazy in thinking that it does not. Or, if I am, I'm not the only crazy one. That counts for something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users