Magix Guide To Blacksmiths And Forging - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Magix Guide To Blacksmiths And Forging

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:01 AM

Originally posted by *_Xy_*
Quest Skills:

Change Cart
Posted Image
You will need: 20 animal skins, 10 iron, 50 trunks
Level Requirements: Merchant Job 30+
Talk to Charlron in Alberta (119,221) and bring him the items to learn Change Cart, the merchant class skill that enables characters to change the appearance of their pushcart.

Crazy Uproar
Posted Image
You will need: 7 pearls, 50 mushroom spores, 1 banana juice
Level Requirements: Merchant Job 15+
Talk to Necko in Alberta (83,96) and bring him the items to learn Crazy Uproar which will increase STR by 4 for 5 minutes.

Cart Revolution
Posted Image
You will need: 1 banana juice, 20 iron, 30 sticky mucus, 20 fwings, 5 tentacles, 2 grape juice.
Level Requirements: Merchant Job 35+
Talk to Gershaun in Alberta (232,106) and bring him all those items to learn Cart Revolution which inflicts splash damage to all enemies in a 9 cell area around a target. You must have a Pushcart equipped to use this skill. Cart Revolution inflicts an amount of damage equal to 150% of caster`s normal attack added to the weight of items carried in the Pushcart. The target hit by this skill is forced 2 cells backward.

Greed
Posted Image
You will need:
So much junk on you (not in your cart) that you cannot carry annother 500 weight
Level Requirements: Blacksmith Job 30+
Talk to the dwarf outside the old Geffen Blacksmith Guild to learn this skill. Greed enables a blacksmith to pick up ever item in a 5x5 cell radius around the caster.

Dubius Salesmanship
Posted Image
Item Requirements: 2 Steel, 8 Coal, 2 Iron Hammers, 1 Detrimindexta
Level Requirements: Blacksmith Job 35+
In Geffen, near the old Blacksmith Guild, talk to Akkie. She will ask you to bring: 1 Steel, 5 Coal, 1 Iron Hammer, 1 Detrimindexta. When you return to Akkie with the ingredients, she will again ask you for more items. This time you'll need to bring: 1 Steel, 3 Coal, and 1 Iron Hammer. After giving her the items, Akkie will teach you Dubious Salesmanship. This skill will lower the cost of Mammonite 10%.

The Blacksmith Test

Firstly, go to the Blacksmith Guild located in Einbroch.
No, you didn't read that wrong. The Hugel update moved the Blacksmith guild from Geffen to Einbroch.

Posted Image

Then, talk to the Blacksmith NPC behind the counter (the guy wearing something that looks like a cowboy hat).

Posted Image

He will direct you to go to a NPC called Geschupenschte in the tool shop in Einbech. So, hop a train at the train station and take a short trip.

Posted Image The Train Station is at the red dot.

Posted Image This is the Tool Shop location in Einbeck.

When you talk to Geschupenschte, who is standing atop the stairs.

Posted Image

He will give you a quiz, which is fairly easy, since you will have most of the information on this website, but if you miss one, you fail. Also a good idea to have a calculator handy just in case... tho my quiz didn't need it.

This is just 1 set of questions you can be asked for this test:
1. Which region is matched incorrectly with its specialty item? Alberta-Swordmace
2. Which status can be inflicted with the Hammer Fall skill? Stun
3. Which of these skills can't be performed by merchants? Increase AGI
4. Where can you buy Blue Gemstones? Geffen
5. Where is the Tool Dealer located in Geffen? 8 o'clock direction
6. Which weapon cannot be used by a merchant? Bible
7. Which has the highest defense rate? Mink coat
8. For Level 3 weapons, what is the safe limit for upgrading? +5
9. What item can be made from using Trunks? Sakkat
10. Most important part of being a merchant is...? Money
--- Score : 100%

After you have completed the quiz, he will ask you to gather some items from different towns:

Payon: 2 blue gemstones, 8 iron ores, 1 Arbalest (48,000z) and 1 Eye bandage (500z) (which can be obtained from the weaponary/armory shop in payon)

Izlude: 2 Shell, 2 Coal, 2 Red Blood and 1 Tsuguri (51,000z from weapon shop in Prontera)

Morroc: 2 Star Dust, 1 Zargon, 1 Skel Bone, 1 Gladius (43,000 z)(weapon in Al de Baran or Morroc)

Comodo: 2 Animal Skin, 8 Iron, 20 Green Herb, 1 Ring Pommel Sabre (24,000z) (weapon only in Prontera)

Geffen: Umm... anyone have this information?

When you give all the items to Geschupenschte, he will forge the item and hand it back to you to deliver to a customer.

Morroc: Wickebine (Assassin cat girl) (morroc 27,112 along left wall 1/2 way down from red dot)

Comodo: Bismarc (Thief-looking guy) (comodo 158, 342 at top of map near dungeon entrance)

Payon: Talpiz (Guy in beige robe) (Payon 214,79 near bottom right exit)

Geffen: Baisulist (Mage-looking girl) (Geffen 46, 164 next to mage guild in upper left quadrant)

Izlude: Krongast (Male Crusader) (Izulde 69,181 upper left corner of square part of izulde)

The customer will then give you a voucher (and a strange announcement thingy pops up to annoy you) which you must return to Geschupenschte in Einbech. After that, you will return to the Blacksmith Guild in Einbroch to talk to the same person you did at first (the crazy cowboy guy behind the counter).

He will then send you to the back of the Blacksmith Guild to talk to a female Blacksmith NPC. (I think this part can be skipped if you buy a Hammer of Blacksmith in pront and choose the right response. Anyone tell me if this is true?) She will then give you a quiz which shouldn't be too difficult.

Most of the questions she asks are about forging/blacksmiths.

Again, this is only 1 set of questions asked :
1. What do you usually do when you meet someone on the street? Ask them what they need
2. Where can you learn the Crazy Uproar and Change Cart skills? Alberta
3. From the center of Einbroch, which direction is the Smith Guild? 5 o'clock
4. In which town can you find the most Blacksmiths? Einbroch (no, not Prontera)
5. Which skill status affects your skill as a blacksmith? DEX
--- Score : 100%

After answering them successfully, she will give you a Hammer of Blacksmith which you must take back to the cowboy guy at the front.

There, you will change job to Blacksmith. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/050.gif

Edited by Maka, 23 July 2010 - 03:05 AM.

#2 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:04 AM

Forging Assistance

Forging things actually took me a bit of time to figure out. So to save you the humiliation that I endured, I shall also present you with a Forging Assistant.

Lets start with the materials required to forge certain weapons.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Now then, once you have the items you need to forge, say a regular knife, you need to go to the Geffen Blacksmith Guild and purchase a hammer and an anvil (anvil you only have to buy once, the hammers must be restocked). Talk to Christopher to purchase materials for forging.

Posted Image

Iron Hammers are for level 1 weapon forging. 1000 zeny.
Golden Hammers are for level 2 weapon forging. 3000 zeny.
Oridecon Hammers are for level 3 weapon forging. 5000 zeny.
The anvil you choose to use will better the chances of your forging. Emperium anvil is the best, but most expensive (also not available in stores).

#3 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:05 AM

Double check to make sure you have all the items you need to make your weapon in your inventory (not in your cart). If you dont have all the right ingredients, it'll cost you a hammer. After checking your ingredients, double click your hammer and you'll see a list of items you can forge.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Chose whichever one you want to create (dont you just love knives?) and hit okay. You will then see a screen that lists the item requirement for forging and 3 empty slots that may or may not be filled.

Posted Image

To make a Very Strong weapon, one of the slots must be filled with a star crumb.
For Very Very Strong weapons, two slots need star crumbs.
Very Very Very Strong weapons need 3 star crumbs.
A rough wind in one of the slots will make the weapon wind elemental.
A flame heart in one of the slots will make the weapon fire elemental.
A mystic frozen in one of the slots will make the weapon water elemental.
A great nature in one of the slots will make the weapon earth elemental.
--- Putting more than 1 elemental stone in the slots does not make the weapon double elemental. An attempt to forge a weapon as such will fail.

Posted Image It'll look simmular to this if you decide to make a WS earth weapon.

Once you have filled (or emptied) the slots as you desired, click okay again and you will attempt to forge. If you succeed, you recieve your weapon.

Posted Image

If you fail... you have to start all over. Posted Image

Note: Your LUK and DEX stats, Weaponry Research Skill Level, and Smith Skill Level all affect the outcome of your forging. And if you're making level 3 weapons, Oridecon Reseach is a great help.

#4 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

If im not wrong the item gathering test now is always the 2 Animal Skin, 8 Iron, 20 Green Herb, 1 Ring Pommel Sabre. All my friend's and my own BS test received these same set of items to gather. So for convinience sake you can bring all the items first before applying for the test, so you can give it to him immediately and not need to go back to aquire them.

And the person to give the Ring pommel Sabre forged by Geschupenschte after u give him the specified item is in Hugel now.

Edited by Noumi, 10 August 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#5 Xeromos

Xeromos

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

Great guide.

I was excited about my Pure Forger, slowly got him up to 87/50 with 87 DEX/LUK. So yeah, I was about to try forging lvl 3 weapons then I used this calc...

http://ro.zhasha.com/?c=forge

Using a Golden Anvil, with my stats and maxed Ori/Weapon Research... my success rate of Level 3 VVS Elemental Weapons is... 0%! Please tell me it's broken. :unsure:

#6 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

That is correct, you'll need emperium anvil though. I remembered failing so much even with emperium anvil a long time ago. Oh and get a gloria slave with you, it helps...just a little though, haha.

Edited by wotmint, 25 December 2011 - 10:54 PM.

#7 PoisonEdge

PoisonEdge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

I am going to say that Calc is Broken.. I am only level 76 / 46, and I forged 3 out of 5 VVS Elemental weapons.. and that is with just a Golden Anvil..

#8 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

Well, lvl 1s are much easier to make compared to lvl 3. Lvl 3 weapons have around 10% chance of being made with max job level, 99 dex 99 luk with emp anvil. Gloria, blessing, and food do help but they're like small aide, not a lot more than 1-2%(and using food puts dent on that profitability, unless you're doing the Brasilis Strange Hydra Quest). I have not been lucky enough to try the marionette control thingy by minstrels and wanderers, but I do know for fact 3 successful forge out of 5 is an extremely lucky case if it were lvl 3.

Recommended setups:

99 base luk and dex

Max Research Oridecon

Max Weaponry Research

Apple of Archer

Robo Eyes + Well-Chewed Pencil if you can afford them.

Quad Desterous(Drops) battle axe or orcish axe

Lucky Flute(Baby Leopard) armor +3 luk/dex enchant

.... I recommend Wooden Mail for its dirt cheap availability

+10 Cursed(Green Maiden) garment

2x Nimble(Zerom) Cat Hand Gloves

.... use Gloves[1] or Bradium Earrings[1] if CHG unavailable in the server

Activate the VIP buff or if non vip, go to Brasilis and fetch Lucia some hydras so she buffs your luk and dex, or use blue harvest quest to get +10 luk/dex food, or use the player vended food shops(they're not worth making, the mats cost more than the food in current market)

Use the ragnastats buffbot or have a nice Archbishop friend cast Blessing and Gloria to you, and go.

#9 ArchLouis

ArchLouis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

Any SKill build for BS Pure Forger? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users