We need a level cap increase - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

We need a level cap increase

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

EXP events are useless.

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

I say, raise cap then add these exp events. That way level 70's can have the fun of exp events as well.

#3 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

EXP events are useless.

For you maybe, but not everyone is level capped. Why not level an alt and join in on the fun.

#4 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Let's just all relax and eat some delicious Jelly Donuts. Although -licks cream- level cap on iah and gpot has been 75 for how long now?

#5 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

For you maybe, but not everyone is level capped. Why not level an alt and join in on the fun.

I'm sure a significant amount of people are already capped. All the other English versions have had the level cap at 75 for a long time already. Leveling an alt doesn't really help when you already have characters of every class. In any case, I don't really care much about the level cap or the exp events; I'm merely pointing out the fact that there are already plenty of capped people who can't enjoy the constant flux of exp events. That aside, it's already easy enough to gain exp, and all the exp event does is promote more high leveled people who are unable to play their characters at all, especially since there's not really much you need to know in order to F7 to cap.

#6 Kkamazk

Kkamazk

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPlanet Gliese 667 Cc (22.1 ly)
  • Server:A.I. NET CONTROL

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

wait til' part 2 kryos patch, i'm sure that will included with raise level cap
if u r not patience enough, go do something outdoor productive

Edited by Kkamazk, 01 June 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#7 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

I'm sure a significant amount of people are already capped. All the other English versions have had the level cap at 75 for a long time already. Leveling an alt doesn't really help when you already have characters of every class. In any case, I don't really care much about the level cap or the exp events; I'm merely pointing out the fact that there are already plenty of capped people who can't enjoy the constant flux of exp events. That aside, it's already easy enough to gain exp, and all the exp event does is promote more high leveled people who are unable to play their characters at all, especially since there's not really much you need to know in order to F7 to cap.

No where in your original post did you state any of what is quoted above. Had you stated that, my post would have been drastically different. If you want to point something out, being clear and concise is the best way to get a point across. As stated many times before by me and other on these forums level cap increase is coming with the production update. Patience, it will come.

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

No where in your original post did you state any of what is quoted above. Had you stated that, my post would have been drastically different. If you want to point something out, being clear and concise is the best way to get a point across. As stated many times before by me and other on these forums level cap increase is coming with the production update. Patience, it will come.

That sounds soon-ish. By the way, will these experience events continue at a decent pace when our cap is raised to assist the level 70's?

#9 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Level cap is nearly pointless right now- (Gain more skill points), but i foresee a level cap along with the new content at the same time. Although it is true- We all have been level caped the second week f7 came out, but we haven't gotten anything really exciting or new :\. Leveling alt's just bores you- the same repetitive stuff over and over..Seeing that there's new content coming out may have our hopes up for some sort of excitement in this game :\. All in all, I believe that we need a level cap because of this long deprived wait, but at the same time we need new content!

P.S. - I WANT TO WEAR THIS SOME DAY
Posted Image

Edited by sXcDennis, 01 June 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#10 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

The 2 new classes intrigues me. At least trying them both out will keep me from boredom.

#11 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

Although it is true- We all have been level caped the second week f7 came out, but we haven't gotten anything really exciting or new :\. Leveling alt's just bores you- the same repetitive stuff over and over..Seeing that there's new content coming out may have our hopes up for some sort of excitement in this game :\. All in all, I believe that we need a level cap because of this long deprived wait, but at the same

The first part is untrue. Based on our review of the current levels for members in the community, there are many that have still not reached the cap level. Though some may have reached it first, increasing the cap only furthers the level difference with other, current, older users. By adding the content, those that are quicker to rush through the content, will only do just that. They will rush through the content again and be upset as a result. However, as mentioned above, they will push themselves away further from those that are not as quick. This resultant would create an unhealthy community.

The NA version of Dragon Saga has gone through a different change compared to the other versions. The previous publisher had stopped providing content due to their own issues with the developers. Therefore, there was a loss of time and content provided to it's user base. After Dragon Saga was opened here, based on the developer's time/event schedule, there needed to be a catching up phase. Rushing content sounds great, but isn't ideal. If content was rushed, the community would expect content to come at the rate that it was coming during the catch up. We're trying to keep this version updated and caught up with some of the other versions and I believe that we have done so in comparison to certain versions.

We here at WarpPortal are committed to maintaining an updated version of Dragon Saga for our community that will not fall behind all of the other versions.

#12 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

I think it sucks weapons in drakos drop we can't even wear no matter how beautiful since the cap should already be 75 and is not. We cant even wear all the items we get in BSQ :)

#13 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

It may not be as great, but it will reach that point eventually. The items can still be crafted and enchanted even though they cannot be worn. Also, during our review, there is a large number of the community with gear sets that were below artifact and below level 10 enchantment. Though it can mean several things, the main thing that needs to be pointed out is that there is still plenty that can be done.

#14 TcDohl

TcDohl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNashville Tn

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Right now you can create 4 characters it looks like...when the big update comes out will they up that to 6 atleast? Having one of each class is fun.

#15 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

It may not be as great, but it will reach that point eventually. The items can still be crafted and enchanted even though they cannot be worn. Also, during our review, there is a large number of the community with gear sets that were below artifact and below level 10 enchantment. Though it can mean several things, the main thing that needs to be pointed out is that there is still plenty that can be done.

specing. costs to much with these rates let alone artifacting along with buying ins scrolls
enchanting also cost ins scrolls which means either putting trust into an IM seller at 1:1.X rates(which i don't like doing) or doing survey's(most of which are scams/don't work), or spending real $ to get the scrolls.

#16 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

To avoid going into specific instances continually, the concern above can be reached through obtaining a larger quantity of items. Also, to clarify a bit, the overview was of the default tab of items.

#17 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

Nolanvoid, while I do agree with you on proper timing for new content. But given so many other factors, I have to disagree on the state of people's equipment and 'available things to do'. Unless of course you mean that Warpportal is waiting for enough people to spend cash to upgrade their gear until you release all new content with new gear for them to spend cash to upgrade. Which does seem fair enough, given costs and overhead of maintaining a FTP game.

#18 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

To avoid going into specific instances continually, the concern above can be reached through obtaining a larger quantity of items. Also, to clarify a bit, the overview was of the default tab of items.

Urm, I accidentally -1'd this post. I didn't even know that button existed :/

#19 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Nolanvoid, while I do agree with you on proper timing for new content. But given so many other factors, I have to disagree on the state of people's equipment and 'available things to do'. Unless of course you mean that Warpportal is waiting for enough people to spend cash to upgrade their gear until you release all new content with new gear for them to spend cash to upgrade. Which does seem fair enough, given costs and overhead of maintaining a FTP game.

It isn't even about the costs of the game nor any greedy desire that the community seems to implant in the minds of the people at WarpPortal. He was stating that along with leveling, upgrading equipment is a thing to do in itself in the endgame. They aren't waiting for people to spend cash per se, but saying that there are still a good number of people who aren't at the point of absolute completion.

Edited by Kazu731, 02 June 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#20 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

In order to have a healthy community, you want a larger piece of the whole to be in a similar range with one another in most aspects of the game. The further people set themselves apart, the more discrepancies that get created from it. This is not to say that everyone needs to catch up to the top person as competition also is a strong part of the community's health.

#21 BloodyRuby

BloodyRuby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • LocationPvP Room
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

Right now you can create 4 characters it looks like...when the big update comes out will they up that to 6 atleast? Having one of each class is fun.

there are currently 8 classes and 2 more on the way...

#22 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

there are currently 8 classes and 2 more on the way...

We probably won't get new Character ID spaces. In Japan they're giving a free one-space away for an event. If we're lucky we'll get one. Assuming the new classes also split into two branches there's no way we can fill it all. You can always make an alternate account though.

#23 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

The longer I play this game, the more I feel that it caters towards rather casual players. Ice Cont patch has been out for a months and I still haven't gotten around to checking everything out, while obviously there's a bunch of people here who finished everything in a couple weeks and now have nothing to do.

I don't really know where the balance should be kept, or whether or not this is an issue that Gravity should be dealing with.

#24 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

The first part is untrue. Based on our review of the current levels for members in the community, there are many that have still not reached the cap level. Though some may have reached it first, increasing the cap only furthers the level difference with other, current, older users. By adding the content, those that are quicker to rush through the content, will only do just that. They will rush through the content again and be upset as a result. However, as mentioned above, they will push themselves away further from those that are not as quick. This resultant would create an unhealthy community.

The NA version of Dragon Saga has gone through a different change compared to the other versions. The previous publisher had stopped providing content due to their own issues with the developers. Therefore, there was a loss of time and content provided to it's user base. After Dragon Saga was opened here, based on the developer's time/event schedule, there needed to be a catching up phase. Rushing content sounds great, but isn't ideal. If content was rushed, the community would expect content to come at the rate that it was coming during the catch up. We're trying to keep this version updated and caught up with some of the other versions and I believe that we have done so in comparison to certain versions.

We here at WarpPortal are committed to maintaining an updated version of Dragon Saga for our community that will not fall behind all of the other versions.

I'm sorry if this goes off topic and maybe more about "content updates". This whole post may be a biased opinion for those who are active.

Now to start off...Based on review more than 1/5th the players of two months ago have already reached level 70(those who are already 4th job). Source: http://forums.warppo...post__p__386562
Perhaps adding new content will make active players feel the same way about this game as you stated-They will rush through the content and be bored again, but then again adding new content can go both ways-good and bad. In my personal opinion, Dragonica/Dragonsaga's updates have recently only provided updates for new players-mid players(maybe because they want to attract new players) without having to think about end games, but they have not thought of those who are at end game already-thus causing those who are at end game to be inactive or quit.

Now the reason why people quit or be inactive i will state in the following(this is based on personal experience and others whom I've heard about):
Lack of players- People have complained over and over about how dragonsaga doesn't have many people in it. Ex: Just last week, I was on an alt and I couldn't find a party for a couple of hours....during prime time.
Lack of quality content- Perhaps they have not found the new content any addicting.
Lack of "MMO experience"- http://forums.warppo...ral-discussion/ the game feels like a game where you just play tower defenses.
Boredom of the game- The many benefactors you can think of.

Based upon my experience and those who I've met through this game, the game lacks fun. Perhaps new content may make us cure boredom, but the long waits and lack of quality content has made people inactive or quit.

#25 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

In regards to the lack of players, that issue was apparent before the transition to the new publisher. It appeared to hit a very low point where the community was neglected and not paid attention to at all. The rate of new users in-coming diminished during that time and a gap was created after the move to the WarpPortal. Part of the issue is rebuilding that base and having new faces and new competition for those already at the upper tier. It definitely is not something that can be quickly done, but needs to be assisted none the less. At the same time, you can't have the upper tier wait for the lower group, so content must come out a little quicker, but also not at a speed where it widens the gap or becomes too frequent that the wait feels longer. So there definitely is a type of management level that is required. Without saying too much, there is a large number of content changes and new content that we have received or received word about that will be coming within this year. So there are things to look forward to.

Also, in regards to when the level cap does come, we are not looking away from possible experience events at that time either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users