We need a level cap increase - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

We need a level cap increase

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#26 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

In regards to the lack of players, that issue was apparent before the transition to the new publisher. It appeared to hit a very low point where the community was neglected and not paid attention to at all. The rate of new users in-coming diminished during that time and a gap was created after the move to the WarpPortal. Part of the issue is rebuilding that base and having new faces and new competition for those already at the upper tier. It definitely is not something that can be quickly done, but needs to be assisted none the less. At the same time, you can't have the upper tier wait for the lower group, so content must come out a little quicker, but also not at a speed where it widens the gap or becomes too frequent that the wait feels longer. So there definitely is a type of management level that is required. Without saying too much, there is a large number of content changes and new content that we have received or received word about that will be coming within this year. So there are things to look forward to.

Also, in regards to when the level cap does come, we are not looking away from possible experience events at that time either.

This game has a huge gap between new and old players, to the point where I feel bad for anyone just joining.
Some things that separate the new and old:
-End-game Heirloom Weapons and armor such as bone armor, LOak (new mage gear is TERRIBLE!!), Kimarts, antares neck, and all the old field drops such as Vegabound boots etc.
-2 less inventory slots in every backpack setion (this get hugely annoying when farming or keeping up with collecting monster drops while farming more than one end-game dungeon at a time)
-No easily obtainable Guardian sets
-Lack of IM weapons, and quality IM gear (Gambling for gear, even gambling in general in a game oriented at a younger crowd, is a seriously bad idea wtf)

So there is already that huge curve for new players who start today make it to endgame. If I were in their shoes I would find all of this deeply discouraging to the point where I would want to quit entirely and try a new game.

Edited by Miname, 02 June 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#27 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

But that's where we get to step in and have fun trying to make sure things aren't so bad!

#28 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

But that's where we get to step in and have fun trying to make sure things aren't so bad!

If this means cool events like code breakers every other week, that would be cool and all.. But there is still that huge gap between THQ and Warpportal characters.
Would it be at all possible to reverse some of the damage? Like maybe expand inventories, get rid of the ridiculous wheel, and load up the cash shop with metric tonnes of content for people to buy? I'm sure I'm not the only one, the game felt a lot richer when there were plenty of cash outfits to choose from and buy on a whim. Asking for old bone and armor back may be impossible, but I'm sure something could at least be one about inventory space and the cash shop!

Just remember, every new change that gets made that removes content cuts the wound a little deeper and makes the game less enjoyable. It's the simple things I loved about THQ Dragonica such as spamming couple requests and love warps, and munching on cakes because they dropped so plentifully. But alas, times have changed.

Edited by Miname, 02 June 2011 - 02:30 PM.

#29 izoold

izoold

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBaldur's Temple
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Tempest Reach

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

I honestly don't see any problems with the gap between older and newer players, but don't flame me just yet. I'll tell you why.

A: I really don't play that much, usually only when my fiancée gets on.
B: I don't care about PvP. I really really don't. I go exceedingly out of my way to avoid it. I think PvE is much more fun, so I don't have to compete with other players at all.

That being said, as a largely casual player on THQICE, I do like to consider myself an older (but possibly less skilled, you'd have to ask people who know me) player. I kind of disagree with people saying that it's hard for newer players to catch up since really all I took from THQ is a level 50 character, a Woodie beta balloon, lots of now inferior armor sets, an Angel's Ring, and a Chainsaw IM weapon.

In my opinion, what people aren't looking at is the fact that people who spend more time in an MMO will ALWAYS be ahead of people who don't. Always. If I farmed capsules on all my characters all day, I could easily bring in 1k gold or so a day and buy up all the premium old equips, such as Guardian IM sets (they're always for sale), Heirloom end-game weapons (which are also always for sale), and IM weapons (which you just have to get lucky finding).

In summary, older players are ahead because of the time spent, not because of a magical advantage they hold. Or at least that's how I see it.

#30 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

I honestly don't see any problems with the gap between older and newer players, but don't flame me just yet. I'll tell you why.

A: I really don't play that much, usually only when my fiancée gets on.
B: I don't care about PvP. I really really don't. I go exceedingly out of my way to avoid it. I think PvE is much more fun, so I don't have to compete with other players at all.

That being said, as a largely casual player on THQICE, I do like to consider myself an older (but possibly less skilled, you'd have to ask people who know me) player. I kind of disagree with people saying that it's hard for newer players to catch up since really all I took from THQ is a level 50 character, a Woodie beta balloon, lots of now inferior armor sets, an Angel's Ring, and a Chainsaw IM weapon.

In my opinion, what people aren't looking at is the fact that people who spend more time in an MMO will ALWAYS be ahead of people who don't. Always. If I farmed capsules on all my characters all day, I could easily bring in 1k gold or so a day and buy up all the premium old equips, such as Guardian IM sets (they're always for sale), Heirloom end-game weapons (which are also always for sale), and IM weapons (which you just have to get lucky finding).

In summary, older players are ahead because of the time spent, not because of a magical advantage they hold. Or at least that's how I see it.

That's why I mentioned a much, much steeper curve between old and new.

#31 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

I like the wheel, honestly.

imo, the only valid way I can see reducing the gap between players is for the NA version to implement more ways of getting rid of gold. Julie and the Blacksmith aren't enough, there's way too much gold circulating among the rich and only the rich can afford old THQ items.

I'm struggling to buy guardian items but there's not much I can do when there are old players sitting with mounds of gold and nothing to buy with it.

#32 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

If this means cool events like code breakers every other week, that would be cool and all.. But there is still that huge gap between THQ and Warpportal characters.
Would it be at all possible to reverse some of the damage? Like maybe expand inventories, get rid of the ridiculous wheel, and load up the cash shop with metric tonnes of content for people to buy? I'm sure I'm not the only one, the game felt a lot richer when there were plenty of cash outfits to choose from and buy on a whim. Asking for old bone and armor back may be impossible, but I'm sure something could at least be one about inventory space and the cash shop!

Just remember, every new change that gets made that removes content cuts the wound a little deeper and makes the game less enjoyable. It's the simple things I loved about THQ Dragonica such as spamming couple requests and love warps, and munching on cakes because they dropped so plentifully. But alas, times have changed.

Oh and when a weapon didn't take the equivalent of 5 STACKS OF SOULS to advance!! *Tries soulcrafting Zauharuant blade to advanced once more and fails*

Y U NO ADVANCE!?!

#33 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

imo, the only valid way I can see reducing the gap between players is for the NA version to implement more ways of getting rid of gold. Julie and the Blacksmith aren't enough, there's way too much gold circulating among the rich and only the rich can afford old THQ items.

I'm struggling to buy guardian items but there's not much I can do when there are old players sitting with mounds of gold and nothing to buy with it.

I don't see how implementing more ways to spend gold helps new players. Because one days those new players will get to the point when they will need to spend that gold as well. So that really benefits noone but the NPCs.

#34 Hawkstorm

Hawkstorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

Maybe some sort of tax?
Like take a certain % of a player's gold every week/month
And split it all between the not-so-rich players?

#35 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

I don't see how implementing more ways to spend gold helps new players. Because one days those new players will get to the point when they will need to spend that gold as well. So that really benefits noone but the NPCs.

It's economics, it is a bad thing where there is too much money existing that is doing nothing. In that situation, sinking the currency is better than circulating it.

#36 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

Maybe some sort of tax?
Like take a certain % of a player's gold every week/month
And split it all between the not-so-rich players?

Nah, I was thinking more like events that require the player to spend gold, or what IAH does where you can buy cash shop points with gold (whatever it is they do).

#37 converse182

converse182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTustin,CA
  • Server:That one!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

why cant we just get the 2 slots back from the back pack, i cant even have a good time farming cause my inventory gets all full and i have to keep warping back and forth and ugh it gets so frustrating, and if we cant get fire guardian set or water guardian anymore but only in the market then why cant we have something thats much more similar to it instead of wasting alot of gold trying to buy 1 piece

#38 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

It's economics, it is a bad thing where there is too much money existing that is doing nothing. In that situation, sinking the currency is better than circulating it.

That doesn't work because this economy isn't a closed system. New gold can be generated and destroyed outside in a non-centralized system, meaning players can farm as much new gold as they want to (aka Kryos F1 runs).

#39 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Creating too much gold is also bad for the economy lol.

#40 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

This game has a huge gap between new and old players, to the point where I feel bad for anyone just joining.
Some things that separate the new and old:
-End-game Heirloom Weapons and armor such as bone armor, LOak (new mage gear is TERRIBLE!!), Kimarts, antares neck, and all the old field drops such as Vegabound boots etc.
-2 less inventory slots in every backpack setion (this get hugely annoying when farming or keeping up with collecting monster drops while farming more than one end-game dungeon at a time)
-No easily obtainable Guardian sets
-Lack of IM weapons, and quality IM gear (Gambling for gear, even gambling in general in a game oriented at a younger crowd, is a seriously bad idea wtf)

So there is already that huge curve for new players who start today make it to endgame. If I were in their shoes I would find all of this deeply discouraging to the point where I would want to quit entirely and try a new game.

It is true there's a big gab between players, but this is all part of what a MMO feels like. I being not "from THQ", have gone through the whole experience of the listed, but as Nolanvoid said:

It's true things aren't so bad between "OLD PLAYERS" and "New players". Hell, I ought to say I'm doing better than you in terms of items/pixles in this game. It's all in terms of mentality of a person who wants to shoot for the goal that they want, that's what a mmo is suppose to feel like- Hard to earn what you get, but at the same time relieving when you receive what you've earned. It's true that there might be a big gap between old and new players, but at the same time it's one's own personal fault for not trying hard enough to "catch up". Also, I would like to state- Do you think the old players had it easier getting where they are now? It's not that simple they probably had it just as hard to obtain it. The market value of the items just increased due to rarity of it.

It's true the new items are stupid:
Not-Tradeable- What's the point in having it when it has no value?
Not as strong as the old items
Soul bounded- ................

#41 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hell, I ought to say I'm doing better than you in terms of items/pixles in this game.

:)

I still win BSQ though LOL
j/k j/k

Edited by Miname, 02 June 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#42 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

trying getting equips to +20
i've burned through 5k two days ago just trying to +19 my bow,

#43 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

super bad luck :/

#44 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

nah it's not super bad luck. super bad luck would be me spending 100kg on it.

#45 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

i feel really lucky with how my upgrading has gone so far then lol

#46 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

@sXcDennis
I think you're missing the point of what I was trying to say. I was trying to portray the fact that there is an inconsistency in the gap. For example, if we look at a bell curve, there is a particular distribution that the samples fall upon. At one end you have the small group of older players and at the beginning, you have the incoming group of players. Somewhere in the middle, the distribution is even in the fact that it gets heavy there. Two big factors have played a part in distorting the distribution. The first being the fact that the previous publisher began to neglect the community and development, thus causing a gradual shift. The second then becoming the transition over to the new server, which causes another gradual shift.

#47 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

@sXcDennis
I think you're missing the point of what I was trying to say. I was trying to portray the fact that there is an inconsistency in the gap. For example, if we look at a bell curve, there is a particular distribution that the samples fall upon. At one end you have the small group of older players and at the beginning, you have the incoming group of players. Somewhere in the middle, the distribution is even in the fact that it gets heavy there. Two big factors have played a part in distorting the distribution. The first being the fact that the previous publisher began to neglect the community and development, thus causing a gradual shift. The second then becoming the transition over to the new server, which causes another gradual shift.

This makes more sense, actually. Thanks.

#48 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

All that meant to me was: We're working on it please be patient.

But as I stated- There is no need to even work on it :\.

#49 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

I'm coming from EU drago, and playing few other versions. Are you guys after ice (kryonos) patch? I Can't tell from main site.
Just have to say that they already balanced in this patch (obsoleted basically), (old) items, with new stuff. Old bone still has best def, but new one beats it with special options, also jewelery was replaced with new better stuff.
No one is wearing, anta, pythos.
Only exception from that are kimarts wings as blizzard muffler isn't easily obtainable, which caused insane prices of this item in our version.
And as one of the players with most of them on our server, selling them I can really feel sorry for new players.

Regarding level cap, we have cap at 75, but it's pointless and doesn't matter anymore.
First, after addition of f7 (tactic mode) leveling became too easy (I can make 70 lev char in a week), and second there's no content to support this level.
Also, out of pvp modes there is nothing that can challenge level of enchants players are pushing.
Everything can be soloed.
It's especially striking in comparison with one of upcoming ( this summer ) and very similar to dragonica title. In regards of bosses it's years ahead of dragonica.

P.S. I whish that they stopped using in patch promos equips which aren't obtainable in patch being promoted.

Edited by EriolN, 02 June 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#50 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

I'm coming from EU drago, and playing few other versions. Are you guys after ice (kryonos) patch? I Can't tell from main site.
Just have to say that they already balanced in this patch (obsoleted basically), (old) items, with new stuff. Old bone still has best def, but new one beats it with special options, also jewelery was replaced with new better stuff.
No one is wearing, anta, pythos.
Only exception from that are kimarts wings as blizzard muffler isn't easily obtainable, which caused insane prices of this item in our version.
And as one of the players with most of them on our server, selling them I can really feel sorry for new players.

Regarding level cap, we have cap at 75, but it's pointless and doesn't matter anymore.
First, after addition of f7 (tactic mode) leveling became too easy (I can make 70 lev char in a week), and second there's no content to support this level.
Also, out of pvp modes there is nothing that can challenge level of enchants players are pushing.
Everything can be soloed.
It's especially striking in comparison with one of upcoming ( this summer ) and very similar to dragonica title. In regards of bosses it's years ahead of dragonica.

Noone wears antare's because it's probably rarer than kimarts- but the three people who I know have it do wear it as a primary neck piece. Do any of your new necks offer the same amount of damage drop for warmages?
And you will never, never beat out old bone for some classes. The set options it gives is just too good to pass up regardless of lesser enchant options.

If you are reaching lvl 70 in a week than you my friend, are playing way too much and need to slow down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users