We need a level cap increase - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

We need a level cap increase

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#51 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

You're acting like it's WP's fault there's a gap between new and old players's equipments when all the things you mentioned were because of the Paris patch. Not even many endgame players have Kimarts because only several exist (It was an issue back then too).

Edited by Kazu731, 02 June 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#52 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

Noone wears antare's because it's probably rarer than kimarts- but the three people who I know have it do wear it as a primary neck piece. Do any of your new necks offer the same amount of damage drop for warmages?
And you will never, never beat out old bone for some classes. The set options it gives is just too good to pass up regardless of lesser enchant options.

If you are reaching lvl 70 in a week than you my friend, are playing way too much and need to slow down.

I'm sorry, but i don't think that you have any idea what I'm talking about. I'm talking how it is after ice patch in Eu.
New bone has slightly reduced def, but better set options, plus additional stats ( 50 agi on helm , 60 hlt on chest, 13% mov on shoes, etc) also it's 6 pieces (and shield ( 10% phys drop) which counts as one piece, so you can replace one part of eq)

Do you really think you know my version better than me? antares necks are sold for cheap, and no one buys them.
Population of warmages is abysmal. Phys drop doesn't matter when you have very high def, aim is much more important, and new jewelery provides aim. Or 50 hlt on neck and antifreeze for example.

And I haven't said that I'm producing chars in a week,I have no need for that, as all my chars were capped already.
Just said that it's doable and people are leveling like that now.

Edited by EriolN, 02 June 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#53 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

I'm sorry, but i don't think that you have any idea what I'm talking about. I'm talking how it is after ice patch in Eu.
New bone has slightly reduced def, but better set options, plus additional stats ( 50 agi on helm , 60 hlt on chest, 13% mov on shoes, etc) also it's 6 pieces (and shield ( 10% phys drop) which counts as one piece, so you can replace one part of eq)

Do you really think you know my version better than me? antares necks are sold for cheap, and no one buys them.
Population of warmages is abysmal. Phys drop doesn't matter when you have very high def, aim is much more important, and new jewelery provides aim. Or 50 hlt on neck and antifreeze for example.

And I haven't said that I'm producing chars in a week,I have no need for that, as all my chars were capped already.

To be fair, I don't think Miname knows that Antares and Kimart were more abundant on your server than it was on ours. In our version, less than 10 ever existed because we never had access to that map. Only certain people got them so they're very rare here.

#54 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

I literally don't even know where to begin arguing here so I won't.

#55 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

To be fair, I don't think Miname knows that Antares and Kimart were more abundant on your server than it was on ours. In our version, less than 10 ever existed because we never had access to that map. Only certain people got them so they're very rare here.

Yes, I know about that, behavior of THQ GMs was scandalous. I was visiting THQs forums often. And that's why I said that I don't think that she knows what I'm talking about.

And just to clear things up for her, antas necks are anything but rare here. Even after half year after removal from game.
Yet no one wears them, because there's better stuff now.

I literally don't even know where to begin arguing here so I won't.

Thank You for that.

Edited by EriolN, 02 June 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#56 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

It may not be as great, but it will reach that point eventually. The items can still be crafted and enchanted even though they cannot be worn. Also, during our review, there is a large number of the community with gear sets that were below artifact and below level 10 enchantment. Though it can mean several things, the main thing that needs to be pointed out is that there is still plenty that can be done.

There isn't anyone on this server with completely perfect equips. There is more that can be done,, but upgrading a character past a certain point doesn't seam worth it . Supposedly, the success rate for artifact is 2%, which means a lot of failing. Let us assume soul cost is about 17s each and IM is bought at a 1:1 ratio. The player will start off with an equip with two good options on all equips (even though that would be pretty costly to begin with).

- Z weapon sc cost (one try) = 1980 souls + 22g + 1 insurance = 368.6g or IM
- If the success rate is 2%, we might expect to try 50 times, so multiple that number by 50 and we get 18,430g or IM
- Game isn't up right now, but I'd guess that the average cost of scing armor equips is about a third of the cost of the weapon, so 18,430g/3 multiplied by 13 equips = 79,863g or IM to go from full special to artifact.
- At an extremely generous 500g an hour it would take a player 159.7 hours of pure CoF grinding to obtain that amount of gold.
- That is for going from special to artifact one time with each equip (not reducing). If a player wants good stats and doesn't want to mess up his/her equips with randomizers, he/she will end up reducing equips and repeating the scing process over and over and over, essentially multiplying the cost many times.

I get what you are saying, but maybe you guys need to adjust the rates or something. Artifacting everything is something that can be done, but grinding one map for 100-600 hours or spending a bunch of money so I can show off my amazing equips in PoW isn't really my idea of fun. I don't feel disparity in levels is as big of a problem as imbalance due to unobtainable equips. If the cap was changed, it wouldn't affect the game much. The balance problem is due to rare equips that are becoming increasingly rarer and the fact that there is nothing that can compete with them in the game. That is why I feel sorry for new players.

Edited by Maronu, 02 June 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#57 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

The balance problem is due to rare equips that are becoming increasingly rarer and the fact that there is nothing that can compete with them in the game. That is why I feel sorry for new players.

From this post I can see that you guys still don't have Ice/Kryonos patch, which brings competing items (obsoleting most old ones) Also upcoming production/profession system makes scrafting and enchanting much easier.

#58 RealJustin

RealJustin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm just gonna leave this here....

http://forums.warppo...error-question/

#59 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

From this post I can see that you guys still don't have Ice/Kryonos patch, which brings competing items (obsoleting most old ones) Also upcoming production/profession system makes scrafting and enchanting much easier.

I'm actually referring to guardian equips and some event balloons, which might be exclusive to this version.

#60 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

I'm actually referring to guardian equips and some event balloons, which might be exclusive to this version.

Oh?, could you provide more info about these? Stats, screenies?

#61 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Oh?, could you provide more info about these? Stats, screenies?

If you don't have the game downloaded, I don't mind checking the stats for you once maintenance is over. The guardian sets came from buying prepaid cards on THQ and the balloons are from a raffle event on THQ. They got massive stat bonuses added to them after the transfer to WP for some reason.

#62 SharpX

SharpX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

guardians are extremely imba cash items that should never have been implemented in the game.

#63 izoold

izoold

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBaldur's Temple
  • Server:Tempest Reach

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

I have no idea why Guardian sets are so imbalanced. They should have never been given those outrageous bonuses.

#64 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

If you don't have the game downloaded, I don't mind checking the stats for you once maintenance is over. The guardian sets came from buying prepaid cards on THQ and the balloons are from a raffle event on THQ. They got massive stat bonuses added to them after the transfer to WP for some reason.

Much appreciated.

Could someone provide example of stats?

Edit: found vids and info, don't know whats so imba about them. Maybe I'm missing something.
Still interested in balloons

Edited by EriolN, 02 June 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#65 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

Much appreciated.

Could someone provide example of stats?

Edit: found vids and info, don't know whats so imba about them. Maybe I'm missing something.
Still interested in balloons

Trip balloon is the best one. 5% aim, 5% evade, 5% movement speed, 10 int, 10agi, 10 hlt, 10 str

#66 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Trip balloon is the best one. 5% aim, 5% evade, 5% movement speed, 10 int, 10agi, 10 hlt, 10 str

Yes, it's best balloon that I've encountered (I'm playing jap, eu and iah)

#67 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Guardian Sets
FIRE
Head Fire - 10 Hlt, 13 Agi, 3% PDD
Shoulders Fire - 10 Hlt, 13 Agi, 5% MDD
Chest Fire - 10 Hlt, 13 Int, 3% PDD
Bottoms Fire - 10 Hlt, 13 Str, 5% MDD
Gloves Fire - 10 Aim, 5% AbDef
Shoes Fire - 10% Mvspd, 5% HP RS
Back Fire - 10 Evade
-Set Bonus - 7% Agi, 7% Int, 7% Hlt, 1000 HP

WATER
Head Water - 10 Hlt, 13 Str, 5% MDD
Shoulders Water - 10% Mvspd, 5% MP RS
Chest Water - 10 Hlt, 13 Int, 5% MDD
Bottoms Water - 10 Hlt, 13 Agi, 3% PDD
Gloves Water - 10 Evade
Shoes Water - 10 Hlt, 13 Agi, 3% PDD
Back Water - 5 Aim, 7% AbDef
-Set Bonuses - 7% Int, 7% Agi, 7% Str, 1000 MP

Stolen from http://forums.warppo...ame-gear-guide/
Not character bound

I don't know anything about the balloons

#68 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

pre WP guardian sets weren't imba.

#69 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

Guardian Sets
FIRE
Head Fire - 10 Hlt, 13 Agi, 3% PDD
Shoulders Fire - 10 Hlt, 13 Agi, 5% MDD
Chest Fire - 10 Hlt, 13 Int, 3% PDD
Bottoms Fire - 10 Hlt, 13 Str, 5% MDD
Gloves Fire - 10 Aim, 5% AbDef
Shoes Fire - 10% Mvspd, 5% HP RS
Back Fire - 10 Evade
-Set Bonus - 7% Agi, 7% Int, 7% Hlt, 1000 HP

WATER
Head Water - 10 Hlt, 13 Str, 5% MDD
Shoulders Water - 10% Mvspd, 5% MP RS
Chest Water - 10 Hlt, 13 Int, 5% MDD
Bottoms Water - 10 Hlt, 13 Agi, 3% PDD
Gloves Water - 10 Evade
Shoes Water - 10 Hlt, 13 Agi, 3% PDD
Back Water - 5 Aim, 7% AbDef
-Set Bonuses - 7% Int, 7% Agi, 7% Str, 1000 MP

Stolen from http://forums.warppo...ame-gear-guide/
Not character bound

I don't know anything about the balloons

It's normal set? ( not cash ) and as I heard wearable by 20 lev? So for 20 lev it's obviously imba. But at 70 in comparison to newest bone sets, not so much (for some classes). No cdmg, it seems to be purely defensive.

Edited by EriolN, 02 June 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#70 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

It's normal set? ( not cash ) and as I heard wearable by 20 lev? So for 20 lev it's obviously imba. But at 70 in comparison to newest bone sets, not so much (for some classes). No cdmg, it seems to be purely defensive.

it's a cash set.

#71 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

it's a cash set.

No words then.
Or maybe just one. Stupidity.

Edited by EriolN, 02 June 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#72 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

No words then.
Or maybe just one. Stupidity.

iirc. pre WP the set was just +7hlt,int,agi,str and +500hp or +500mp

#73 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

@Erio, I don't think there will be a better bd set for invokers than the old bd :)

I don't care if you give me 50 hlt, magic/phys def and 50 int (or w/e's on that new bd LOL), absolute damage decrease -250 is just OP. With minimal defense, that stat alone brings aas damage to a 1 on me (ily pants) along with some other skills.

That set..is just...the ultimate tank set.

#74 EriolN

EriolN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, Warsaw

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

@Erio, I don't think there will be a better bd set for invokers than the old bd :)

I don't care if you give me 50 hlt, magic/phys def and 50 int (or w/e's on that new bd LOL), absolute damage decrease -250 is just OP. With minimal defense, that stat alone brings aas damage to a 1 on me (ily pants) along with some other skills.

That set..is just...the ultimate tank set.

You are right about that, at least atm It's ultimate defensive set, and there's nothing better. It's not attacking set tho. And it's defense wont be enough soon. ( And if you want to know why is that you should check IAhs forum, or pm me ) I'm playing jap drago ver. And no one is wearing such stuff there, all what matters after production patch is evade/aim and agi. For any class. (this patch will be out this month at iah)

Also seeing as warpportal is hosted/owned by Gravity, I'm guessing that it will come here very soon.

Edited by EriolN, 02 June 2011 - 06:34 PM.

#75 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

There isn't anyone on this server with completely perfect equips. There is more that can be done,, but upgrading a character past a certain point doesn't seam worth it . Supposedly, the success rate for artifact is 2%, which means a lot of failing. Let us assume soul cost is about 17s each and IM is bought at a 1:1 ratio. The player will start off with an equip with two good options on all equips (even though that would be pretty costly to begin with).

- Z weapon sc cost (one try) = 1980 souls + 22g + 1 insurance = 368.6g or IM
- If the success rate is 2%, we might expect to try 50 times, so multiple that number by 50 and we get 18,430g or IM
- Game isn't up right now, but I'd guess that the average cost of scing armor equips is about a third of the cost of the weapon, so 18,430g/3 multiplied by 13 equips = 79,863g or IM to go from full special to artifact.
- At an extremely generous 500g an hour it would take a player 159.7 hours of pure CoF grinding to obtain that amount of gold.
- That is for going from special to artifact one time with each equip (not reducing). If a player wants good stats and doesn't want to mess up his/her equips with randomizers, he/she will end up reducing equips and repeating the scing process over and over and over, essentially multiplying the cost many times.

I get what you are saying, but maybe you guys need to adjust the rates or something. Artifacting everything is something that can be done, but grinding one map for 100-600 hours or spending a bunch of money so I can show off my amazing equips in PoW isn't really my idea of fun. I don't feel disparity in levels is as big of a problem as imbalance due to unobtainable equips. If the cap was changed, it wouldn't affect the game much. The balance problem is due to rare equips that are becoming increasingly rarer and the fact that there is nothing that can compete with them in the game. That is why I feel sorry for new players.

We'd all like better rates but it isn't something WP is allowed to control.

We have the Ice patch presently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users