Reset Stone suggestion - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Reset Stone suggestion

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

A lot of us really like the idea of being able to take an unsubscribed friend with us, and are quite willing to buy them a reset stone to do this with.

You've said you don't want to make them tradable due to fraud concerns... but why not let us just USE the stone? Basically, have an NPC standing next to the dungeon who sees you already have access and are holding a stone, and asks who you want to grant access to. You type in a name, they gain access, and the stone poofs. This will let you keep the no-trade flags on, but still let us buy them for friends.

#2 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

It's not a fraud concern.

They are driving traffic to Playspan.

#3 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

Nah, hiem is just being stupid about it. He said in game that it's "because it is "used up" it can be transaction canceled and they can't do anything about it"..... you know kind of like enriched elu / ori or life pots or any of the foods and other consumables that are trade-able.

Pretty sure it isn't worth it to drive customers to playspan where you only get a smaller percentage than if you force them to buy in at least $5 increments from the company store ( warpportal ).

#4 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Reset Stone has repercussions that we can't reverse. Chargeback HD ores we destroy the weapon or reverse take back the 'sale". Reset stones force us to rollback to reverse its changes, which is not a worthwhile expenditure.

But I love the idea of "bring a friend" and do stuff with them. So how about we think about ways to accomplish that.

Under certain situations the NPC you give the stone on your friends behalf "could" work, but under heavy use it would freak out (it would need to work like marriage does) so they would need to be in party (and only the 2 of you) and somehow the name has to get correctly assigned.

For the Overlook dungeon I could see a "1 time' full party enter being easy to accomplish, but not sure if the appropriate value would be there for your group. Thinking of a clean way to get a timer based entrance isn't coming to me right now, but certainly is a worthwhile idea.

#5 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

How about an in game npc that accepts reset stones and gives VIP for a month?

#6 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

Why not just make it possible to use reset stones to change your account to VIP status? Reset Stones are 100points each ingame (or $1/each).

Make an NPC that takes 7 Reset Stones from you (the normal 700points = 1 month of VIP time), and changes your account to VIP for one month [just have the NPC disconnect you once you're done, so the VIP can take effect on your next relog?]. Just keep it as a 7 Stones/1 Month thing, though, and not offer the discounts you get for doing 3 months or 6 months through WPE.

That would give the people who can't afford to pay to recharge their accounts themselves a way to still get VIP access, and also boost Playspan's Stone sales even more than they are now (because people buy them to reset their god quests and stats a lot now anyways, it would open another market for them).

I know I would be interested in using Reset Stones to recharge my alternate accounts if it was possible, as you can buy those pretty readily in-game if you don't have the WPE/KP to buy them yourself.

While we're talking about Reset Stones. Can you double-check the Stacker NPC and how he stacks the stones? IIRC, he stacks them one at a time... so when you need to stack 10, you'd have to talk to the stacker 10 times. It's not that big of a deal, but it's kind of annoying when you're trying to reset your stats.

#7 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

You have to take it easy on the stones.

We already have WarpPortalEnergy>KafraPoints>Stuff

We don't need WarpPortalEnergy>KafraPoints>WonderStone>MagicalStone>EverStone and so on and so forth.

#8 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

if you want to bring a friend with you
whats wrong with spending 6-7 mil on a stone for them? (less on ygg)
your already willing to spend real money on them getting in .-.

Edited by SpidyFreakshow, 02 June 2011 - 07:28 AM.

#9 1368453765

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

It's not a fraud concern.

They are driving traffic to Playspan.

Playscam doesn't even work. ANYONE that tried buying anything from them had their payments refused.

#10 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

Playscam doesn't even work. ANYONE that tried buying anything from them had their payments refused.

Even paypal doesn't work. And that's not even trying it with a linked credit card but with money I have on my paypal account.

#11 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

Heim, why are you letting Playspan sell the stones then? Doesn't that create the same issue?... or are you not expecting playspan to actually work for its customers?

I'd just made a tradeable version of the stone for like 300 kafra points or something. Reset stone box = 100 points, Tradeable reset stone box = 300 points

#12 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

Reset Stone has repercussions that we can't reverse. Chargeback HD ores we destroy the weapon or reverse take back the 'sale". Reset stones force us to rollback to reverse its changes, which is not a worthwhile expenditure.

But I love the idea of "bring a friend" and do stuff with them. So how about we think about ways to accomplish that.

Under certain situations the NPC you give the stone on your friends behalf "could" work, but under heavy use it would freak out (it would need to work like marriage does) so they would need to be in party (and only the 2 of you) and somehow the name has to get correctly assigned.

For the Overlook dungeon I could see a "1 time' full party enter being easy to accomplish, but not sure if the appropriate value would be there for your group. Thinking of a clean way to get a timer based entrance isn't coming to me right now, but certainly is a worthwhile idea.

The thing is, is fraud on those stones anticipated to be so prevalent that is will be a huge problem? If it is kind of low incidence i think that you guys should just suck it up. The current situation with an item which is quite central to the game seems very unsatisfactory.

You really need to find a way round this or it will end up crippling the game.

If it is an issue of giving playspan sales, then devise some other items for them which are exclusive but not so central to the game.

#13 1368453765

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Look at it this way: Make it really difficult on your customers until they give up and nobody gets anything, or have it in a way that legitimate players can still purchase whatever they want? There are HUNDREDS of games which use the microtransaction system. Playspan's draconian security is just absurd and really detrimental towards people intending to buy anything from them. For crying out loud my login e-mail AND my VERIFIED Paypal account are the same yet they still reject any sort of payment.

This item is too versatile to be trusted on a site that does not like money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users