Just returned after many years - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Just returned after many years

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Blazerine

Blazerine

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not. I download the game and it seems to be working fine expect that it will not retrieve the old characters I've use long ago. I have access them through my warp portal account and reactivated them. However when I sign into the game, it'll say 3/3, but it won't even show an image of my characters or let me click on any of them. How am I suppose to make them playable again? I also download the zip for the manual patch, but I am confused of what to do with it. Is the patch the reason why its not working? Cause it works other than that.

Edited by Blazerine, 01 June 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

If you haven't read the "Information For Returning Players" thread that's stickied in this forum, I suggest you do.

If that doesn't answer your problem, I would suggest asking here:

http://forums.warppo...hnical-support/

Most of us that frequent this side of the forums are a little challenged in the technical aspects of RO.

#3 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

Check the server (you want Ymir) and/or check if there's an overflood account for you if you were on Loki/Iris/Sakray.

#4 plural

plural

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

You also might try clicking on the arrows at either the left or right of the three character slots. If you haven't done this already your other characters just may be on one of the other 6 character slots.

#5 Blazerine

Blazerine

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

Oh..you can not use old characters without a VIP. Are you able to actually transfer old characters to a non VIP server?

#6 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

If you want to transfer characters to a non VIP server that Character Server Transfer VAS will automatically grant you "free VIP" for 4 days. So... If you want to stay in Ymir I suggest you just buy a VIP package anyway. It costs $1 less than the Server Transfer and VIP lasts for 1 month

#7 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

I'm pretty sure you can play already made characters on Ymir without needing to go VIP. (Which also applies to your account if you had characters on the old premium servers.)

#8 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

You only need VIP to *make* characters, not to play them. It's primarily an anti-botting measure... the $7 barrier to entry is enough for Chinese gold farmers to not turn a profit. It's especially effective in getting rid of those damn town spambots that plague the other servers.

If you're a really, really, old player, you may not realize that there are 9 character slots now, not 3, so be sure to check all 3 pages.

When the servers merged, some people got stuck with 2 accounts, and some got stuck with charactername_L or charactername_C because 2 people had the same name. If you make a support ticket, they'll let you know where everything went, and they'll move whatever you want to the primary account. They'll also fix any *_L/I/C names for free, you just have to tell them what to change them to.

Last but not least, make sure you're logging into the right server in the first place. If you're an old player, you were either on Chaos or Loki, both of which are now Ymir, so that's where your characters went.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users