New Seal Rolling feedback - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

New Seal Rolling feedback

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

I have been questing for a while now I must say I am enjoying myself with the questing but im pretty sure there are somethings could use "fixing"

Seal 1 Personally the item requirement bothers me but not as much as the reward the rewards are extremely out of date,the seal 4 weapon quest has been updated to use give newer weapons why cant this seal give better equipment?To be honest now that lucky boxes have sunnies it is no longer "taboo" to speak of adding slotted middle headgear.Someone along time ago recommended to put sunnies by a low chance in this seal I would recommend the same.

Seal 2 This seal is fine as it is it closes on its own.

Seal 3 This seal gives an OCA and 900k exp (correct me if im wrong) maybe they could increase the exp to 2.4m base 2.7 job (with VIP) more job to attract ppl to do this seal.

Seal 4 This seal is pretty easy except for a certain part *Cough*Sudri Dwarf*Cough* but the rough ori and rough elu I can understand the GMs dont want to eliminate the item requirement but they could implement a NPC that breaks down Elu and Ori to 4 rough Elu/Ori.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

I like the Roughs requirement as it is. I've seen quite a few newbies selling Rough stones they've found for a decent profit, and allowing the breakdown of Elunium and Oridecon would hurt that a lot.

#3 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:09 PM

To be honest this isnt the case in ymir I been having a hard time buying them as of 2 weeks ago.

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:12 PM

There just isn't sufficient roughs. Unless you have a god item to make 4th seal is the only one not worth doing right now. Add the kvm badges to earlier(before the roughs) and maybe make it 80? That'd be a done deal then.

#5 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

There just isn't sufficient roughs. Unless you have a god item to make 4th seal is the only one not worth doing right now. Add the kvm badges to earlier(before the roughs) and maybe make it 80? That'd be a done deal then.

To be honest I would prefer this ^ but it isnt going to happen.

#6 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:25 AM

Seal 1: it took me about an hour to farm fishy parts for all my characters on both my accounts. It takes 10-15 minutes to do the actual quest with the aid of a warper. So thats 18 chars done in 6 hours, for a total of 1440 kvm badges. pretty good deal if you dont drop $200 each box event. Widening the amount of possible rewards though wouldnt hurt.

Seal 2: agreed

Seal 3: pretty much, the quest runs a bit faster than 2nd seal but OCA isnt worth much after the OCA vendor. making it half the exp reward of the 2nd seal wouldnt hurt. you could do both 90%, pop a 3x manual then finish both.

Seal 4: kvm badges upon "completion" sounds like a good idea, since that step is before you trade 50 r.ori/elu for the weapon. Am I the only one who likes the dwarf challenge? you get a real sense of accomplishment from beating him lol (its like roadblocks on the amazing race, just because your not an agi up'd peco doesnt mean auto-loss).

Edited by Hrothmund, 02 June 2011 - 02:27 AM.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:26 AM

To be honest this isnt the case in ymir I been having a hard time buying them as of 2 weeks ago.

Ladies, I have thousands of each rough. Why didn't you tell me there's a market for them, I could be rich now.

#8 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

Seal 1: The problem with KVM badges is that they vary in value to classes. The staff is absolutely garbage compared to the plain old Staff of Destruction (which costs a whole 6m) unless upgraded to ridiculous levels - and even then, it's overwhelmingly inferior to similarly upgraded melee weapons, while even amongst the melee ones, some get huge additional benefits (like halving the G.Fist cast time), while others get basically nothing in this department. The solution then, is to fix the the KVM weapons so they're all actually worth acquiring.

Seal 2: The exp is great for a 1st or 2nd jobber, but to a 130+, it's barely going to move the bar. I would suggest having it scale up on a formula for players over 100. It doesn't have to give multiple levels like it does for 2nd jobbers, but it should at least give xp worth the time it takes to run the quest.

Seal 3: The xp is less important here, as the OCA ensures this is always worth running. I still recommend scaling it though.

Seal 4: I think the weapon list needs another update. With Renewal's complete failure to update most of the old weapons, there are many classes that have only one weapon worth using in the majority of situations. For those classes, that weapon really should be on this list. They actually did do this for some, such as the Staff of Destruction, but a few really need to be added. In particular, Pile Bunker. Pile Bunker was Gravity's fix to mado mechs being utterly worthless, and while it works, it currently costs >60 mil due to requiring a stupidly rare component. (You need Brocca, which is pretty much impossible to get without prize medals - it's otherwise a 1% drop from a boss that has a 1/6 chance of spawning on one map on a 6 hour timer. This means that outside of medals, a grand total of 2-3 of these will drop PER YEAR.)

Edited by Mwrip, 02 June 2011 - 05:56 AM.

#9 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

the rings and armor (boots/mant/armor) are really good though. I already have my kvm weapons, im working through the seal quests to get my armor/rings now.

#10 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

I would get KVM medals for the armors.

It would be nice if I could choose between KVM medals and Prize medals.

For the first seal, they could put some better gears, like Nidhoggur, Valkyrie, Diabolus... Making a so long quest [without portals] to get a Guard [1]...?

I love most headgears the quest can give. But they could put some more funcional headgears, or old lucky-box ones, like the zodiac diadems and crowns, garuda hat... And so on.

[I have no batteries to continue the post D:]

#11 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:54 AM

Seal 2: The exp is great for a 1st or 2nd jobber, but to a 130+, it's barely going to move the bar. I would suggest having it scale up on a formula for players over 100. It doesn't have to give multiple levels like it does for 2nd jobbers, but it should at least give xp worth the time it takes to run the quest.

Seal 3: The xp is less important here, as the OCA ensures this is always worth running. I still recommend scaling it though.

I think seal 3 is fine as it is. It's the only quest that doesn't have any item requirements, and if you're interested in KVM badges it's a steal (~55k/badge + bonus EXP).

Seal 2 barely moves the bar? With a 3x manual and VIP you get 17% at level 149. In three weeks I 150'd an archbishop and a genetic mostly thanks to this quest. Granted it cost a small fortune in reset stones and 3x manuals, and I did lose quite a bit of sleep trying to be awake when it opened, but if you ask me it gives a little too much EXP. I bet most people would be happy if the required completion count were raised to 100 or even 200.

#12 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

I think seal 3 is fine as it is. It's the only quest that doesn't have any item requirements, and if you're interested in KVM badges it's a steal (~55k/badge + bonus EXP).

Seal 2 barely moves the bar? With a 3x manual and VIP you get 17% at level 149. In three weeks I 150'd an archbishop and a genetic mostly thanks to this quest. Granted it cost a small fortune in reset stones and 3x manuals, and I did lose quite a bit of sleep trying to be awake when it opened, but if you ask me it gives a little too much EXP. I bet most people would be happy if the required completion count were raised to 100 or even 200.

Can I ask a question renouille? When the seal opens how many times were you able to run it before it closes again? I know it rolls after 100 people does it but wanted to know how many times do you think I could run it if im set up with all the items? Average? I want to get in on this seal for my 140 RG since there is no special leveling event this week.

#13 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

Can I ask a question renouille? When the seal opens how many times were you able to run it before it closes again? I know it rolls after 100 people does it but wanted to know how many times do you think I could run it if im set up with all the items? Average? I want to get in on this seal for my 140 RG since there is no special leveling event this week.

That varies widely depending on the time of day (how many other people are doing the quest) and how long it takes you to notice the seal is open. I was able to do it faster on the genetic because of cart boost. It helps a LOT with castle/niff.

If you want to minimize your times, you'll need a lot of preparation.
(1) Memorize all the steps. The irowiki guide is pretty good--I personally removed most of the unnecessary steps--but there's still room for improvement.
(2) Warp slaves who know what they're doing. Minimum of 2; 3 recommended. (1: library, geffen, morroc / 2: cmdfild, alberta, alde / 3: pront bar east, comodo, bungee). Whenever possible, memo the warps on a portal (using cloak).
(3) If your character is married, divorce now and remarry later.
(4) Use the bungee jump to travel to niff.
(5) Res slave for bungee jump. They should max out aftercast reduction (speedy recovery wand/diabolus robe/expert rings/etc.) if you don't have strings.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

#14 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

All of them are fine. I've done seal one Quite a few times and got some decent stuff in the 4m-10m value range + its 80 kvm badges. that's double the kvm that you get on any other seal quest. Seal one if you have the items only takes like max 15 minutes with the airship. Putting stuff that may be end game equips such as nyd, valk gears, and diabous gears would be overkill.

Everyone should be feeling lucky just to get these kvm badges. Before these seal changes you would have to spend an hour doing it and you may get 40 but its not definite. Now if you have enough characters over lvl 70 on one account you can get a damn Kvm Ring in one day.

#15 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:43 AM

On Ymir, it closes after 50, which is about half an hour if you are lucky.

#16 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

Seal 2 in Ymir runs really fast whenever I do it during the night I can do it up to 8 times within that seal, I can do seal 2 withiin 12 minutes with bungie jumping and do 3 turn in with 1 triple manual.

#17 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

For the first seal, they could put some better gears, like Nidhoggur, Valkyrie, Diabolus... Making a so long quest [without portals] to get a Guard [1]...?

What portals do you need? The only time you leave juno is to go to payon twice.

Edited by Anko, 02 June 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#18 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

Seal 1 takes... 10 minutes tops once you get the hang of it? wtf are you talking about. I did it 8x in 70 minutes.

#19 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

I can complete seal 1 within the duration of 2 Agi ups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users