is it worth coming back? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

is it worth coming back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Devichu

Devichu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

ohai there.

so i've been gone for quite a while now... pretty sure i stopped playing almost a year ago. or something. i don't know anymore, i've stopped and started so many times. so now i pose a question to the current iRO community...

is it worth coming back to RO?

i never managed to get my HP or Minstrel to 3rd class, nor did i ever have the best of gears, so i'm wondering if there's even a place for me to play any more. i'm sure good guilds don't want level 9x trans opposed to a 1xx 3rd class or something. i never really fully understood the new :) from Renewal, like how they messed with all the stats and stuff. i also pretty much know that non of my old freinds play any more, and from what i remember the community isn't really as friendly as it was when i started playing 6 or 7 years ago. the F2P is a bonus now i suppose, since both of my accounts are now free, so the cost obviously isn't an issue (until i find that the F2P options suck compared to the VIP package).
in spite of all of that, though, i'm finding that i'm starting to miss the game. is it worth to come back and basically try to start over again, even though i have a few decent level characters? is it still easy to find parties and guild for non-3rd class players? or to make friends?

#2 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

you kinda need a guild to socialize with. Ive never really had issues with jobs outside of 3rds, i party with who'ever and talk with whoever.

That being said if theres a social guild out there with newb people in it invite me so i can at least have some incentive to stay in game. My old guild went inactive suddenly :) Honestly OP, i usually come back for 2 things. Socialize and play my characters because i love them. If i dont have one of the other i dont wanna play.

#3 Devichu

Devichu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

yeah that sounds about right. i'll def message you if i find anything, although i might not end up staying around if things don't click, ju know?
i know what you mean. it's not worth playing if there's no one to socialize with. :c and semi-intelligent, non-douchebag people are so difficult to come by today...

#4 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

I don't know about other guilds, but I'd say we are quite friendly on Yggdrasil :) We don't WoE yet, we are building up strength and if you wanna grow with us, then you're welcome. Of course, we do have Guild Policies everyone must agree to and follow, but all of that are commonsense for players to be nice to each other anyway.
Many of our members are low level newplayers new to the game and we teach them, if they are willing to learn and stay active.

Edited by Pyrasia, 02 June 2011 - 03:16 PM.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

Finding parties isn't as easy as it was before Renewal, due to a lack of turn-in quests beyond the 85+ range of the Eden Group Quests. Can't say it's that hard to manually grind to 99/70 compared to pre-renewal though.

The social guilds are generally fine in all of the servers. Running into douches in WoE-priority guilds is a normal occurrence. You should be fine once you guys find a social guild you wanna stay with.

If Renewal's mechanics still confuse you, don't ever hesitate to ask questions about them.

#6 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

You won't have any trouble finding an active leveling, MVP, or WoE guild as a 2nd class trans. People have been around long enough that current characters aren't even so big an issue-- If you know how to play and have a 2/9 novice, you can find a guild to WoE with, or just a fun/social guild that isn't full of inactives. "Hey, I just came back and don't have any characters, but can I join? I'm planning on making this novice into a knight", you'll probably find something.

And like that person said ^^^, having a guild is probably the most important part about renewal. If you don't have a good group of friends, you're frankly not going to enjoy renewal much. It has spiked a lot since F2P came out, and there are lots of fun people to get to meet, though.

I think most guilds will even take first-time players who have their first 2nd class non-trans. It's pretty easy to lift them to where they need to be for WoE.

^^^
What he said, too. The super-elitist guilds might not want you, but you probably don't want them any more than they won't want you. You'll find plenty of social guilds who do WoE, but their emphasis is fun/social/leveling.

Edited by Renaldoo, 02 June 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#7 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thread should be pinned I see new "is RO worth playing" threads at least 3 times a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users