Developer Notes 9.15.11 *UPDATED* - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Developer Notes 9.15.11 *UPDATED*

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#76 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

July notes anywhere? What can we expect in the next few weeks that isn't item mall related?

#77 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

This month we have quite a few things being released that we are excited about.

[long paragraphs]

Next time just say you're working on it instead of getting our hopes up...

Any update on the different things though? Are they like 50% finished? 90% finished?

Edited by Niluje, 12 July 2011 - 06:43 AM.

#78 trupein

trupein

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

Why not do for tiers of UW. If you held each lvl tier on a different planet corresponding to the lvl tier you'd belong too, I don't see why the all couldn't run at the same time. Granted you'd prolly want to make a new UW map for each planet but we don't care reguretate the one we have now till you can make something. Plus a wider range of players can enjoy UW that way like
61-100 junon
101-140 luna
141-180 eldeon
181-220 orlo

Just a thought.

#79 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

Would be nice to get some new information! You had a good start posting the 'monthly planned actions', please keep it up Zepp!

#80 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

The development team would like to express how much we appreciate everyone's thoughts and feedback. In response to some of your inquiries:

Yes, we are looking into the HP cap and hoping the issue will be resolved within the month.

The turrets will be stationary.

The level ranges for the Union Wars were chosen as they were so the players participating in the wars all have a chance of influencing the outcome through combat. If the level range was wider, the lower levels would be too weak to combat higher levels. We believe a 40 level range is a nice medium. If we made three tiers that would mean the Union Wars for each tier would have to go off every three hours instead of two. The amount of participating players is also a concern if there were three tiers. The idea behind the two tiers was so players could get a taste of PvP earlier on and when they are in the 141 to 179 range, players will be encouraged to level up to the next tier.

Also, the lower tiered Union War will have the amount of union points won and attributes of crystals scaled down respectively for its level range.

With the positive response from the Union War changes, some priority has been given to enhance the Union War experience. Foreseeing the delay in the release of the Goblin Caves, we have decided to put more energy into PvP and Player Progression for the summer and have the Goblin Caves come out later in the year.

Keep your opinions coming.

How much less union points will the low lvl union war fighters get? And... how much longer until the union war stuff will be implemented?

#81 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

Received additional feedback from the Developers.

Thank you for all the feedback regarding the ideas about the Union Wars. We will be implementing the Turret, minor changes to the map, level brackets, and the opening up of equipment between the factions this month.

Due to time restraints we will not be able to implement the AFK timer.

#82 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

The turrets would be nice ASAP. Any changes to the UW is great! Hopefully opening up the armor would help balance things out. Lately the war have been more lively then the past months hoping with this changes would get more people involve.

#83 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

Received additional feedback from the Developers.

Thank you for all the feedback regarding the ideas about the Union Wars. We will be implementing the Turret, minor changes to the map, level brackets, and the opening up of equipment between the factions this month.

Due to time restraints we will not be able to implement the AFK timer.

Level Brackets? So more than the 180-220, and 140-179 uw? Seriously Zep, get them to put a higher priority on class balancing, if there are even lower level brackets a raider can kill any character in a few seconds with just one burn alone. There are so many great suggestions in the proposals section regarding class balancing.

#84 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

will all these changes be implemented in this weeks maintenance??????

#85 raindeth

raindeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:19 AM

Weren't the Union items separated before in the past? Who's idea was it to put full sets back into one Union house again? It's more like changing things back to the way they were before when the latest update didn't work out.

#86 alibaba5

alibaba5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

if you going to make 2 levels of uw 100-140 and 180-220 at least make the gate at different cities to reduce the lags at the gate.
you can finally make eldon active if you pass the gate into xita:)
ty

#87 Mullemaus

Mullemaus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSore wa himitsu desu ^^

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Very good idea... could help to repopulate Xita. I hate that all those High-Lvl shops standing around in Junon.

#88 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

End of the month... I dont see jack crap

#89 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

I would like to briefly summarize what the current status is with some of the notes that we posted last month:

Bugs

The death glitch, double death glitch and majority of the HP/MP synchronization bugs were fixed this month, the remaining fixes to the HP/MP syncrhonization (including an increase to the HP cap which fixes the death glitch caused by having more than 32,000 HP) will be applied in the next patch (currently planned for the first week of August).

Player Progression

We are currently reviewing your feedback on the Valley of Luxem Tower and planning for improvements to the game content between Canyon City of Zant and Junon Polis. We also have intentions to review the high level progression in planet Orlo and make several improvements to its maps and quest content, more information about this will be posted in the near future.

Union Wars

The scope of the Union War update has increased significantly beyond our initial plans, and because of this we have been unable to bring you the Union War updates this month. Our attention has moved towards the creation of a PvP battleground system which will be used as the foundation for all new and existing PvP game types. We are very excited about the new possibilities that the battleground system will open up for us in the long term to fulfil the community's desires for fresh PvP content.

The first PvP game type that will make use of this system is the Union War, here are some of the changes which are expected to come along with the Union War update:

• Instant-kill Turrets placed in each team's respawn area to strongly discourage spawn camping.
  • Unification of all Union Points into a single PvP-oriented currency which will be used for all future PvP game modes.
  • Union Equipment will be made available to all factions and will be purchased using the new PvP currency.

Union War will return in the form of two distinct game modes:
  • Crystal Defenders - One team will be defending their crystals while the other team will try to destroy the opponent's crystals.
  • Crystal Wars - Both teams will be defending their own sets of crystals while attempting to destroy the opponent's crystals at the same time.

From the community's feedback on the level brackets we have decided to seperate the Union War (for both Crystal Defenders and Crystal Wars) into three distinct level brackets:
  • Level 100-139
  • Level 140-179
  • Level 180-220

As always we look forward to hearing your feedback on the changes so that we can continue to make ROSE a more enjoyable game experience for everyone.

#90 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

How certain you think the 100-139 and 140-179 Union War is going to happen? I heard even the regular Union War on Draconis does not happen very often.

#91 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

I'm curious to see how these battlegrounds will be played out. Different type of union wars are good, level brackets are good however..... I know you guys aren't putting emphasis on class balancing, however it is the core of all pvp aspects which seem to be a focus now.

Even if you guys don't want to attempt to rehaul the system (I don't blame you) I strongly suggest touching up on a few things skill related. I have put together this optimistic (although probably unrealistic) proposal that keys into skill and class balancing. The feedback it did get was overwhelmingly positive and I suggest you try to at least take a look at it.

One common problem I see with introducing lower level pvp is how damage over time skills work. Being that they do a set amount of damage regardless of stats or level, leaves them to become more overpowered against a target with lower hp. Obviously in a lvl 139 environment this is going to be destructive. I've created a different formula in this thread to cope with level and stats as well.

Giant Skill Balancing Thread

Anyway, the notes look promising, although I do hope everything won't keep be delayed. Likewise, I do hope the controversial drop tables won't be overlooked either.

#92 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:13 AM

:

• Instant-kill Turrets placed in each team's respawn area to strongly discourage spawn camping.
  • Unification of all Union Points into a single PvP-oriented currency which will be used for all future PvP game modes.
  • Union Equipment will be made available to all factions and will be purchased using the new PvP currency.

The new uw crystal map sounds fun, the other changes also sound good, still a few questions.

I hope the turrets are placed so people cant stand next to the wall and shoot, they may not be on our spawn but its still spawncamping

The unification of all union points, will this affect the points we have so far? Would be nice to know whether I have to spend all points because they will be lost or if they will be changed into the new points.

Thank you for equipment in all factions. Now at least people looking for chiv ( which seems to be most popular ) dont all go the same side because they have to.

#93 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

Bugs
The death glitch, double death glitch and majority of the HP/MP synchronization bugs were fixed this month, the remaining fixes to the HP/MP syncrhonization (including an increase to the HP cap which fixes the death glitch caused by having more than 32,000 HP) will be applied in the next patch (currently planned for the first week of August).

I'm not sure if this is related to this, but are there any plans to display HP/MP Regenerations as a stat in the character window?

Union Wars

As you mentioned, Union Point will be a single PvP-oriented currency, however does that mean that you remove Union Quests, or there will be a separate currency for Union Quests for different items?

If union quests remain the same, are you planning to add Union Quests to Muris?

#94 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

I would like to briefly summarize what the current status is with some of the notes that we posted last month:

Bugs

Player Progression

We are currently reviewing your feedback on the Valley of Luxem Tower and planning for improvements to the game content between Canyon City of Zant and Junon Polis. We also have intentions to review the high level progression in planet Orlo and make several improvements to its maps and quest content, more information about this will be posted in the near future.

Union Wars

The scope of the Union War update has increased significantly beyond our initial plans, and because of this we have been unable to bring you the Union War updates this month. Our attention has moved towards the creation of a PvP battleground system which will be used as the foundation for all new and existing PvP game types. We are very excited about the new possibilities that the battleground system will open up for us in the long term to fulfil the community's desires for fresh PvP content.

The first PvP game type that will make use of this system is the Union War, here are some of the changes which are expected to come along with the Union War update:

Union War will return in the form of two distinct game modes:
  • Crystal Defenders - One team will be defending their crystals while the other team will try to destroy the opponent's crystals.
  • Crystal Wars - Both teams will be defending their own sets of crystals while attempting to destroy the opponent's crystals at the same time.

From the community's feedback on the level brackets we have decided to seperate the Union War (for both Crystal Defenders and Crystal Wars) into three distinct level brackets:
  • Level 100-139
  • Level 140-179
  • Level 180-220

As always we look forward to hearing your feedback on the changes so that we can continue to make ROSE a more enjoyable game experience for everyone.

Gotta wait to see how it turns out in game ofc, but it sure sounds awesome ! I love the turret idea.

#95 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

• Level 100-139
  • Level 140-179
  • Level 180-220

I dont think it should be those level brackets. I think putting 180-199 in that union war gives them absolutely no chance. It takes like 50 180s to kill a 220 that isnt attacking... I think it should be:
Level 100-149
Level 150-199
Level 200-220

#96 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

In my opinion, any level brackets below 200 is not going to happen, those people below that are still busy with their leveling and do not know what Union War is, until their leveling speed get retarded and they will find something else to entertain themselves. :dunno:

#97 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

In my opinion, any level brackets below 200 is not going to happen, those people below that are still busy with their leveling and do not know what Union War is, until their leveling speed get retarded and they will find something else to entertain themselves. :dunno:

Let's just give it a chance before we shoot it down. Would you rather have level 100 leechers in the 200+ UW? :lol:

#98 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

Still ignoring the core issues aka skills, drops (hey a bunch of drops disappeared), and stats (flu mask anyone?).

Also the level brackets will still leave people useless because of the silly combat system penalizing someone for being lower level.

Edited by Kaizy, 01 August 2011 - 10:33 AM.

#99 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

Oh yeah, while you are still at HP and MP recovery, you might want to take a look at this

#100 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

So what will happen to all our current UW points? will they be converted to the new currency or will we just lose them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users