Recycler Expansion wish list - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Recycler Expansion wish list

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

Proposed items to expand the recycler, for each chain mail,shoes,muffler,etc crap gears (those worth ~150k zeny) it would give ONE of the following:

1 random lv10 or lv20 food
50~100 starsands
50~100 strawberry
50~100 white herb
1~3 speed potion
2~3 random elemental resist potion
1~2 green ale
1~3 karvo
10~15 blue herb
10~30 auth badge

Ammounts are just estimates adjust as you wish, also suggest more consumables that you would like to see? Any attempt to screw botters a bit as heim wishes to is just coincidence :waddle: , this is just an aid for guild supplies mostly as stuff coming from TBs are supposed to be =)

#2 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

I've been getting together lists of the most common items that people buy unwittingly from bot vendors, so finding ways to undercut them is definitely high up on our list of priorities. There would have to be some kind of restriction on this if it was expanded to prevent botters themselves from farming the items to trade for high market value goods.

#3 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

In some cases I don't think its worth it for them oda, a chain mail drops @ .04% from tamruans or bucklers @ .06% from kobolds, muffler @ .06% from sohee at most well it's a lot easier for them to farm the items directly than to depend on a very rare drop imo. However stuff like shoes @ .16% from munaks might be a trouble but anyways if you remove these drops from those monsters I don't think anyone would complain too much, who hunts for these anyways? it's just outdated gear.

#4 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

I've been getting together lists of the most common items that people buy unwittingly from bot vendors, so finding ways to undercut them is definitely high up on our list of priorities. There would have to be some kind of restriction on this if it was expanded to prevent botters themselves from farming the items to trade for high market value goods.

Elder Branch

#5 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

Please rough winds. Those are the hardest pure ore to get and now they are used for mistress summon too.

#6 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

Izidor and Mandragora Flowerpot too I guess

#7 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

For recycler list addition, how about low selling MvP weapon/armor drops (such as could be obtained from summoner room fights)?

#8 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

needs more items added to list. the way it is now is just sad... stone buclkers are an absolute must, since they added the other al2/3gears?

#9 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:32 AM

bump

put acid bomb supplies and any other rune/alchemist crafting material

fabric
immortal heart
poison spore

are 3 of the bigger things bot farmers go after

Edited by Cubical, 06 June 2011 - 06:38 AM.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

Are you guys crazy...? Wanderer's wishlist is far too generous.

The recycler rewards should not be exciting, and should not be terribly desirable - they should be just slightly more desirable than another goddamned fricca circlet or morph hood or whathaveyou. I think these roughs are just about dead-on at the current ratios. We do not have to unbalance the game here, or make the game even more "easymode"-y. Most players are thankful just for a way to turn these damned gears into something that stacks and has about the same value.

And you should seriously add stone bucklers to the list. I've got close to 100 of the damned things, and nothing to do with them!

#11 DarkNinja

DarkNinja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

And you should seriously add stone bucklers to the list. I've got close to 100 of the damned things, and nothing to do with them!

HERE HERE!!!

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

I sell stone bucklers, fricca circlet, morrigane helm, etc to npc since they OC around 18k

#13 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

I believe Gms are going about this in the wrong way. Its silly to see people destroying some of the better gears in game that, if modified properly, would be very good just to get the rare refining materials that creates this overstock problem to begin with. I mean really, there are level 4 weapons on that list. They upgrade wonderfully.

We need to make refining items far less rare so people can be more liberal with their upgrading habits. RO has one of the most unique gear refining and modification systems, but people are hesitant to use it on the majority of gears due to its item cost. That should not be the case.

Edited by Nombus, 06 June 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#14 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Right now the recycler is just breaking stuff down into elu/ori. Currently the stuff on the list is what castles often drop that also is well under valued in the player market. I wanted to get that groundwork in-place before expanding it further. There certainly are a number of common gears that should be added

Stone Bucklers do come to mind in that regard.

What other equipment items are severely over-quantitied in your storage? And its value is low enough that you don't want to vend it, NPC it or use it?

Those are the things I'm shooting for first.

Please don't include Kafra or event items, as they are in need of a different consideration.

This is an idea that likely can't happen but I wonder how it would fit in your play style:

Gear like Chainmail has a minimum level of 30 and caps level at 90, if you have a +8 Chainmail it can be transformed into a +0 "armor" that is the next growth stage of 70-120 etc. So the equipment does have a long term function. (I suppose in this scenario the enchantment and cards would transfer)

One of my biggest problems with equipment is since the minimums are so low, and there are no functional "caps" everyone logically gets the final gear and is done with their gear collecting. There are no gear choices through the characters lifespan. I would love to see a charcter need to replace gear ~ 4 times in its carreer, and each change is a good upgrade and is eagerly waited for rather than treated as an annoyance expense. There are2 tiers of gear. New and old, and really that seems a bit underdeveloped.

#15 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

This is an idea that likely can't happen but I wonder how it would fit in your play style:

Gear like Chainmail has a minimum level of 30 and caps level at 90, if you have a +8 Chainmail it can be transformed into a +0 "armor" that is the next growth stage of 70-120 etc. So the equipment does have a long term function. (I suppose in this scenario the enchantment and cards would transfer)

One of my biggest problems with equipment is since the minimums are so low, and there are no functional "caps" everyone logically gets the final gear and is done with their gear collecting. There are no gear choices through the characters lifespan. I would love to see a charcter need to replace gear ~ 4 times in its carreer, and each change is a good upgrade and is eagerly waited for rather than treated as an annoyance expense. There are2 tiers of gear. New and old, and really that seems a bit underdeveloped.

It reminds me of what they are doing in RO2 with cards.

http://www.roguard.d...ews121410/3.jpg
http://www.roguard.d...ews121410/6.jpg
http://www.roguard.d...ews121410/7.jpg

Which is a great idea.
I could see this applied to RO1 for crap equips and cards. Would be much easier if such a system was there from beginning though.

Edited by Charon, 06 June 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#16 Kaitch

Kaitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hell yeah, allow me to trade 3 Cards for an OCA.

Posted Image

#17 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

What other equipment items are severely over-quantitied in your storage? And its value is low enough that you don't want to vend it, NPC it or use it?

Stone Bucklers shield and Unholy Touch katar.

#18 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

can magma fists be added to the list of turn ins? i have tons of them that i picked up i dunno what to do with. Maybe Morrigane's Helm as well?

#19 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hell yeah, allow me to trade 3 Cards for an OCA.

Posted Image

I first saw your 116 cards and thought it to be blank cards the I saw your spore cards.....

#20 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

I would love to see a charcter need to replace gear ~ 4 times in its carreer, and each change is a good upgrade and is eagerly waited for rather than treated as an annoyance expense. There are2 tiers of gear. New and old, and really that seems a bit underdeveloped.

Pre-renewal people used to do that but things are so cheap and zeny is real easy to get (Kafra shop or grinding at higher levels) that buying stuff that doesn't a huge impact in game-play can be easily replaced in a month or less. Maybe this is part of renewal aswell, seeing how easy it is to kill mobs and loot their drop more frequently than in pre-renwal.

#21 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:53 AM

Add:

electric fist
silk robe
guard [1] (on his list but not redeemable)
armor charm
mithril magic cape
red silk seal
golden mace [1]
golden gear [1]
long barell [1]
drifter [1]
gatekeeper DD
hardcover book [1]
bible [2]
tablet [1]
red flame whip
alarm mask

#22 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:10 AM

Morrigane Helm, those things drop like candy in AL3.

#23 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:14 AM

People replace some gears when a new episode that brings new equipment launches and we havent had any new episode for a while... however I do agree there should be a raise in the minimum level required to wear high end gear so people actually have to renew their gear a couple times.

As for cards I really think something like 5 cards (all 5 different maybe) = 1 random card (not OCA) would give any card a minimum floor value for this, and it would actually make getting some cards a nice thing and not a drop that's .02% but isnt even worth 1mil in some cases.

Add:

electric fist
silk robe
armor charm
mithril magic cape
red silk seal
golden mace [1]
golden gear [1]
long barell [1]
drifter [1]
gatekeeper DD
hardcover book [1]
bible [2]
tablet [1]
red flame whip
alarm mask

+1

And might add Violin[4], Erde[2], Evil Bone Wand, Finger[2], Fricco's Shoes, Eagle Wing[1], Biretta[1], Coat[1], Silver Robe[1], Mantle[1], unslotted Ring/Brooch/Earring/Glove, useless bard/dancer elemental guitars/whips aswell.

Edited by Wanderer, 07 June 2011 - 06:04 AM.

#24 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

Are you guys crazy...? Wanderer's wishlist is far too generous.

The recycler rewards should not be exciting, and should not be terribly desirable - they should be just slightly more desirable than another goddamned fricca circlet or morph hood or whathaveyou. I think these roughs are just about dead-on at the current ratios. We do not have to unbalance the game here, or make the game even more "easymode"-y. Most players are thankful just for a way to turn these damned gears into something that stacks and has about the same value.

Seriously, you guys need to stop spoon feeding us. RO really is becoming "easymode" like DrAzzy says. If enough people complain about something, we always get appeased. You have to keep in mind that the people that post on forums are not a good representation of the overall population. In fact, the people that post on forums are most likely from the whiny population.

Also, undercutting the bots is NOT the solution to the problem. How about working on a better way of banning the bots instead?

Wanderer's idea is just absolutely absurd. It's just going to make the WOE guilds that are strong even stronger, just like with the whole Seal rolls happening much more frequently. A majority of the exchange items are so commonly obtained through treasure boxes. And who is getting all the treasure boxes?

Add:

electric fist
silk robe
armor charm
mithril magic cape
red silk seal
golden mace [1]
golden gear [1]
long barell [1]
drifter [1]
gatekeeper DD
hardcover book [1]
bible [2]
tablet [1]
red flame whip
alarm mask

Look at this guy for example. I found his post hilarious. This guy just looked in his storage and listed everything he has in there that he can't get rid of. This guy has no regard whatsoever for the good of the RO population. He is looking out for himself. This is another type of person that commonly posts on forums.

#25 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

You should look at the purpouse of the recycler npc from the beginning, since TBs were supposed to be giving support to guilds with their siege funds but because of the stupid outdated gears they drop they are almost a joke, and of course it will aid woe guilds because that's what they are supposed to do! jesus christ you gain the boxes by fighting and winning forts at woe... what are they supposed to do for you?

And also read heim's last post

Right now the recycler is just breaking stuff down into elu/ori. Currently the stuff on the list is what castles often drop that also is well under valued in the player market. I wanted to get that groundwork in-place before expanding it further. There certainly are a number of common gears that should be added

Stone Bucklers do come to mind in that regard.

Those are the things I'm shooting for first.

Please don't include Kafra or event items, as they are in need of a different consideration.

So first you complain it will only help guilds who own forts, and when people also list stuff that doesn't come from TBs you also complain? :D

Edited by Wanderer, 07 June 2011 - 09:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users