• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 segaman098

segaman098

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

Ok seriously is anyone else tired of the zenny bots spamming Pront and Payon? Isn't there something we can do to stop them?

They are REALLY annoying >_>.

#2 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

Right click on them and select 'reject Whispering'

#3 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

only thing you can do is right click and reject them.

#4 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:16 AM

Ok seriously is anyone else tired of the zenny bots spamming Pront and Payon? Isn't there something we can do to stop them?

They are REALLY annoying >_>.

OMG

alt+y

on /notalkmsg
on /notalkmsg2

#5 segaman098

segaman098

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for the tips.

How come there are so many bots? Can the GMs not ban them or something?

#6 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for the tips.

How come there are so many bots? Can the GMs not ban them or something?

They do ban them all the time the bots just make a new account and start spamming again

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

They do ban them all the time the bots just make a new account and start spamming again

They could do an IP ban but that would screw over households that have more than 1 people playing RO.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 09 June 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#8 NeoRaguto

NeoRaguto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

I wish they would stop spamming and just use the chat function it makes things easier for everyone I hate seeing just visually seeing all the spam going right into the chat right when I log-in.

#9 segaman098

segaman098

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

Meh there must be a way! It feels like bots have plagued RO forever >_>. Don't other games avoid bots somehow?

#10 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Meh there must be a way! It feels like bots have plagued RO forever >_>. Don't other games avoid bots somehow?

If people would stop buying from them, they'd go away.

Eliminate the ones BUYING and you eliminate the bots' income.

But then again, I've never understood the logic of "LET ME SPAM YOU TO THE POINT OF DISCONNECTING SO THAT YOU'LL BUY MY ZENY BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T BUY IT IF I JUST HAD A CHAT UP DEFINITELY BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT".

Edited by Ralis, 09 June 2011 - 05:23 PM.

#11 NeoRaguto

NeoRaguto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

There is a good anti-bot system that private servers use, but yes they have I think I remember bots have been on iRO since it's release.

I'm sure someone else mentioned this but have a box open up while you are doing what ever including training and you have to put in a random assortment of numbers, letters, and other keys, and what happens is your character goes invisible to not harm any gameplay and maybe even make it have questions too I'm not sure it can be worked on but if you answer wrong you get logged out and when you log-in you have to do a whole new random one not the same one, yes right when you log-in it's already there.

I understand this wouldn't really affect Vendors or spammers in pront though x.x

Edited by NeoRaguto, 09 June 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#12 bitbucket

bitbucket

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Most of the official RO servers have either surrendered in the war on bots, or they have stricter requirements for creating a new account, like making you provide their country's equivalent of a Social Security number.

#13 segaman098

segaman098

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

They should get that zenny website closed at least. Stupid bots!!!

#14 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

They should get that zenny website closed at least. Stupid bots!!!

Problem with that, the people that run the site, would just create a new one.

#15 NeoRaguto

NeoRaguto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

Yeah Bitbucket I think that's KoreanRO but.. I don't know if any other country's do it I know iRO doesn't because it is infact International meaning anyone can play it.

#16 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

The Sex Bots are more annoying. When is something going to be done about them!?

Nope. Botting is commonplace across all mmos.

Edited by Maka, 09 June 2011 - 07:27 PM.

#17 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

The Sex Bots are more annoying. When is something going to be done about them!?

...Sex bots? I've never seen one of these. What is it?

#18 valgissn

valgissn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

We should be able to use warp portal on them >:ani_meow:

#19 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

...Sex bots? I've never seen one of these. What is it?

Someone didn't watch the live Q & A yet!

#20 Jason221

Jason221

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:06 AM

I remember few years back when we can actually talk in Pront and msg eachother for stuff we were looking for

I don't know why it's such a big deal to block these guys. It will take me no more than 3 min to write a little regex that will block them instantly (so even if they make another account to spam, so what? they'll be blocked in 3 sec or less wasting their time or their resources)

Even a simple regex with the following words should kill about 99.9% of the zeny bots spammers:

Block these words that come in public chat and have the system ignore or Mute them,

Here's an example, detect these words in public chat: Sell, Buy, Zeny, Powerlevel, Gold, Bonus (Note* It'll took for them in sentences in either 2 or more vriables (you choose) so normal players that mention zeny are not beaing ignored) Besides who else uses these words except the zeny sellers anyways..

(([Ss]+[Ee]+[Ll]+)|([Bb]+[Uu]+[Yy]+))*.*([Zz]+[Ee]+[Nn]+[Yy]+)*.*([Pp]+[Oo]+[Ww]+[Ee]+[Rr]+[Ll]+[Ee]+[Vv]+[Ee]+[Ll]+)*.*([Gg]+[Oo]+[Ll]+[Dd]+)*.*([Bb]+[Oo]+[Nn]+[Uu]+[Ss]+)*.*/

Have a count system up so it checks to see if they have been used more then once in x amount of time (spammed)

Have an If statement where If regex has been detected x (spammed) amount of time then Mute or Ignore the player.. (Even ban?)

Is it really that hard? I'm sure anyone can understand that even if they know nothing about it.

If the admins here like..I'll be more than happy to write up a much more efficient code for you

Edited by Jason221, 10 June 2011 - 07:17 AM.

#21 Raghu

Raghu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationChennai, TamilNadu
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

i also think that if people would stop buying from them they would just go away after some time... but some inevitably there are some a**&^%@s who will buy zeny off them...
bots farm zeny sell to players, players use that zeny to buy botted items (maneater, blanks, cards, etc)... its a vicious cycle =/

and, just a /nm solves all the problem of ur chat being flooded... and as for killing them forever... wishful thinking =/
bots - screw up ur lvling process, screw up the market, lag up ur game... how i hate them DX<

#22 Jason221

Jason221

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

You have to go back to the roots to stop it all meaning the spammers, get rid of them and get rid of the buyers. NOT the other way around. There's always people out there who will buy it if it's there. So as mentioned on the above post that'll stop the spaming at least.

Battling bots is a another story.. Not my forte & rather harder to stop then a simple spammer

#23 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

Someone didn't watch the live Q & A yet!

I was the one who asked the question about the bots and a reporting system, and I was typing the work SPAM but the chat automatically put it as stars, you couldn't say the work SPAM apparently because it was flagged, haha. Then I was trying to say SPAM to clarify like everyone else and it was just stars, which lead to them thinking ti was sex bots, which was NOT what I was talking about XD

THEN they put the slow-mode on so I couldn't even re-type to correct him and point out the filtering of the word spam. Maybe I started a ragnarok Meme accidentally ^^

#24 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

(([Ss]+[Ee]+[Ll]+)|([Bb]+[Uu]+[Yy]+))*.*([Zz]+[Ee]+[Nn]+[Yy]+)*.*([Pp]+[Oo]+[Ww]+[Ee]+[Rr]+[Ll]+[Ee]+[Vv]+[Ee]+[Ll]+)*.*([Gg]+[Oo]+[Ll]+[Dd]+)*.*([Bb]+[Oo]+[Nn]+[Uu]+[Ss]+)*.*/

What does this do?

#25 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

Im just curious what if multiple ppl rejected whispering from novice bots, what if 100+ ppl reject whispering couldnt that send like a red flag to GMs so they could ban the novice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users