Disabling DSL in GD in unfair to Musicians - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

Disabling DSL in GD in unfair to Musicians

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

IN SHORT:
DSL should not effect any player outside of PVP,GVG,WOE. (Thanks Puppet)

Personal Rant:
I saw Heim's webcast, he said that Arullo, and DSL was disabled in GD. I can understand disabling Arullo, since it's a target skill, and theres no real ramifications in using this skill,

but DSL not only affects enemy's but also allies. We musicians take risk when using this skill in GD, and I demand that the GM team let us musicians use this skill in GD once more.

Removing the ability to use DSL in GD makes musician classes even more useless. I know there are going to be trolls out there arguing "Well you guys can string", what about the Wanderers out there.

Removing DSL wil even make them useless. Guess what GM Team! I have an IDEA! Why not REMOVE MUSICIAN classes from the game anyways, since we are practically USELESS. Not only did the GM team remove the

Musician Class' useful skill in GD, but also removed my interest in going to GD at all. For all the other DSL cry babies out there. You guys should have brought a full party with a Maestro or Wanderer to support you instead of

crying when you guys get DSL.

In SHORT, I ask the GM team to enable DSL in GD's again, and make that DSL does not affect dead characters. Maybe by doing this they will will encourage more people to actually play as Musician classes, and make this game more interesting.

P.S. Please +1 the post if you support this.

Edited by dazze, 06 June 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

...You demanded and then you humbly requested. What?

However, I do agree. Now that res tokens are disabled it really shouldn't matter much anyways, though the whole being-able-to-use-on-dead-characters thing needed to be fixed as well.

#3 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

I agree, Maestros/Wanderers are one of the most horrible classes, instead of disabling skills as i said before shoudnt be good fixing the bugs? Is it really hard? Why they got those skills if they cant even use them?
I know how they abused of the skill, but the properly balance the skill can be fair.
GM's cant actually fix bugs..? Im not sure but that is what look like.

#4 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only feeling cheated by disabling DSL. If there is a GM reading this post please respond! Don't forget to +1 the post if you support this.

Edited by dazze, 05 June 2011 - 11:11 AM.

#5 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

Since tokens will be disabled(when exactly?) Why not just make it so you can't be deep slept in GD's while dead and re-enable DSL?

Edited by Braska, 05 June 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#6 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

Maestro/Wanderer are extremely effective/useful even w/o DSL in GD. Although it is of my opinion that Gravity listens to the WRONG people when doing "whacky" things like disabling a skill. Seriously, why not take time to fix whats broken about it instead of just disabling it? But that would make sense and ya.....Personally i really dislike threads like this, all whining with no solutions. The skill DOES need some balancing yes, disabling it completely, no.

#7 lostmike

lostmike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

I think it was disabled because someone mistakenly complained that deep sleep worked on dead guildleaders camping the dwarf(it was clarified that it didn't hinder the ability to res/talk, nor did it last through map change).
Although with tokens being disabled, why would it still be an issue?
Things such as frost misty(which works on dead people and map change) and leech end might be just as hindering to the creation race, would those be disabled too?

I think deep sleep should be re-enabled.

#8 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

re-enable Deep sleep +1

#9 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

Maestro are the less class beeing play in RO....and ur nerfing they skilll..?? vs tons of Sura out there who can Curse Circle and Disable every1 incluing PVM...

What the logic in that?

#10 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

I hope that people realize that you can STILL res and talk to the Dwarf even while you are Deep Sleeped while dead. http://forums.warppo...522#entry426522 shows this clearly.

What's probably happening is that people are ressing THEN getting slept which causes them to be unable to talk to the NPC, which imo, is a PERFECTLY legit use of the skill, because they are receiving the effect while ALIVE.

Removing the skill from GD makes me not want to participate in GD wars either. I might as well just go on a Minstrel, because as a Maestro, all I can really do is Siren...?

I like how there's huge threads about nerfing other classes and nothing happens, but just ONE thread with only one person crying about it causes performers to get nerfed. Bias? Favoritism?

Edited by Sapphic, 05 June 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#11 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

I hope that people realize that you can STILL res and talk to the Dwarf even while you are Deep Sleeped while dead. http://forums.warppo...522#entry426522 shows this clearly.

What's probably happening is that people are ressing THEN getting slept which causes them to be unable to talk to the NPC, which imo, is a PERFECTLY legit use of the skill, because they are receiving the effect while ALIVE.

Removing the skill from GD makes me not want to participate in GD wars either. I might as well just go on a Minstrel, because as a Maestro, all I can really do is Siren...?

I like how there's huge threads about nerfing other classes and nothing happens, but just ONE thread with only one person crying about it causes performers to get nerfed. Bias? Favoritism?

I agree with you 100%. Player's who's main are musician classes like me, are basically useless now. Sapphic is right, only ONE person complained about DSL and suddenly our whole class is rendered USELESS, not nerfed..USELESS. Again, we need GM feedback on this.

#12 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

The skill was ANNOYING but so are so many other disable skills. There was nothing wrong with it, only thing I don't like is you can't talk while under the effects of it which is really bull-_-.

#13 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

The skill was ANNOYING but so are so many other disable skills. There was nothing wrong with it, only thing I don't like is you can't talk while under the effects of it which is really bull-_-.

Well, it does kinda makes sense that talking will be disabled, since your character is sleeping. Sleep talking anyone?

#14 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

I saw Heim's webcast, QQing. Please +1 the post if you support this.

cleaned that up for ya. already used my negative for the day, or you'd have earned it.

...You demanded and then you humbly requested. What?However, I do agree. Now that res tokens are disabled it really shouldn't matter much anyways, though the whole being-able-to-use-on-dead-characters thing needed to be fixed as well.

the derp is strong with that one ralis... nothing more to say

#15 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

cleaned that up for ya. already used my negative for the day, or you'd have earned it.

the derp is strong with that one ralis... nothing more to say

I don't quite get what your trying to say.

#16 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

I don't think he does either :waddle:

Edited by Braska, 05 June 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#17 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

Dear Gravity,

Nerf rock. Paper is fine.

Sincerely, Scissors.

#18 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

Haha I see what you did there.

#19 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

I don't think he does either :waddle:

not sure dazze does true. since contradicting himself in his op. therefor stupid. maybe he learn to read next time

#20 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

or spell :waddle:

Edited by Braska, 05 June 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#21 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

not sure dazze does true. since contradicting himself in his op. therefor stupid. maybe he learn to read next time

fixed it..i guess.. I dont really get what your trying to say.

#22 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

Unifan must be one of the "people" on Heim's msn. That or Heim randomly picks a thread to implement its recommendation every week before maint. I cannot find any other complaints about the skill on this forum.

#23 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

i guess u asked me not to post but i will anyway w/o trolling. well on my other thread, all i ask was a nerf so that you cannot use it on a dead person, never asked to disable it completely in GD. i dont mind having deep sleep around GD, is just that time i only complain because, after ham sinx ninja cheat the seal roll, everybody start pming me saying, "oh ham bypass the packet to talk to npc, while deep sleep." then i told them, you can talk while deep sleep, so tommy made an argument saying you cannot. and since tommy bought that up, i start thinking, hey thats not fair, thats just op. thats why i posted, but then i ask ren if you could talk to npc, while deepsleep after res, thats why we did our little experiment.

#24 dazze

dazze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

i guess u asked me not to post but i will anyway w/o trolling. well on my other thread, all i ask was a nerf so that you cannot use it on a dead person, never asked to disable it completely in GD. i dont mind having deep sleep around GD, is just that time i only complain because, after ham sinx ninja cheat the seal roll, everybody start pming me saying, "oh ham bypass the packet to talk to npc, while deep sleep." then i told them, you can talk while deep sleep, so tommy made an argument saying you cannot. and since tommy bought that up, i start thinking, hey thats not fair, thats just op. thats why i posted, but then i ask ren if you could talk to npc, while deepsleep after res, thats why we did our little experiment.

Well, he does have a point. I think Heim over reacted about DSL. Again, GM's out there please respond,

#25 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:21 AM

It took more than ONE thread. :waddle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users