Can't Install Ro - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't Install Ro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArgentina - Capital Federal

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

Doing it short, I downloaded from IRO website the "Full version download" of the game (File name "iRO_ver13.0-full-20090717-1945.exe" ).
When i double click to start the install, I have a windows window pop up telling me about that the program doesn't have a manufacturer signature or something like that, and if I wanna run it. I click yes, and in that moment, all folders open freeze and then I have to restart my PC by hardware (reset botton) cause I can't usea the "Start" botton either.

Deleted, re-downloaded, Same problem.

Any idea why is happening?

OP: Windows Xp Sp3

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:36 PM

How much space do you have on your computer? RO needs at least 1-2 GB of space to work properly.

#3 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

I have 5,53 GB free in (C:) ((Where the SO is installed) and 3,15GB in (D:) (where I'm planning to install it).

The installer is in a folder in the Drive D.

#4 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

I'm downloading it again, but from IROWIKI (to see if the problem is the installer per se)

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

Usually if you have the installer on another drive, it causes problems. Try dragging the setup file onto your desktop and execute it from there instead.

#6 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

The 1st time installing the game was in a folder in the desktop. =/

#7 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:04 AM

Doing it short, I downloaded from IRO website the "Full version download" of the game (File name "iRO_ver13.0-full-20090717-1945.exe" ).
When i double click to start the install, I have a windows window pop up telling me about that the program doesn't have a manufacturer signature or something like that, and if I wanna run it. I click yes, and in that moment, all folders open freeze and then I have to restart my PC by hardware (reset botton) cause I can't usea the "Start" botton either.

Deleted, re-downloaded, Same problem.

Any idea why is happening?

OP: Windows Xp Sp3

you don't need to continually download the client as there is probably nothing wrong with it. right click on the install setup file and go to properties, select compatibility mode and run in compatibility for windows 98 just to see if it'll work. it probably won't but sometimes that will skip the windows xp driver verification notification.

is this the error?
Posted Image

here is a solution:
This annoying message pretty much is telling you that Windows XP doesn't know what Ragnarok Online is because Microsoft didn't make it and Gravity didn't tell microsoft they made a game that runs on windows platforms. You can either choose continue or stop, and in this case continue is clearly not working.

Here is how to force the installation to continue and avoid annoying pop ups. I recommend if you don't know too much about pc's to re-enable this after Ragnarok is successfully installed and running.

1. Right click on My Computer then select Properties
2. In System Properties dialog select the Hardware tab.
3. Click on Driver Signing button.

Posted Image

In this window, select the top option "Ignore - Install the software anyway and don't ask for my approval."

In the "Administrator options" section, tick the check box for Make this action the system default.
Click on OK button twice to exit.

Edited by Ultimate, 19 August 2010 - 08:17 AM.

#8 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Checking Ultimate's solutioni, posting in a bit.

#9 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

i have a little bit of time if you wanna remote too.

#10 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

is this the error?
Posted Image

I get this error exactly the moment I double-click the installer (no InstallWizard window poped-up yet), except mi OS is in Spanish.

Tried both solutions, but neither work =/.

And right now I am with 3,43 Gb free of disk in drive C: so there should be no problem with that (right?)

#11 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

I get this error exactly the moment I double-click the installer (no InstallWizard window poped-up yet), except mi OS is in Spanish.

Tried both solutions, but neither work =/.

And right now I am with 3,43 Gb free of disk in drive C: so there should be no problem with that (right?)

free space shouldn't be an issue. if you got like 20 min i can remote you on msn and try a bunch of things out at once.

Edited by Ultimate, 19 August 2010 - 08:29 AM.

#12 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

free space shouldn't be an issue. if you got like 20 min i can remote you on msn and try a bunch of things out at once.

Sure, I'll PM you my msn

#13 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

Can't make WLIVE MSN work, damn error (even uninstalling and installing again).

Weird fact, when i was in the Control Pannel removing old software to make more room (just in case) I found that the RO I downloaded yesterday and tryed to install was "installed" or so it says the CP; I tried to erase it from the list, and sends me error. I think RO doesn't want me back.

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

That's the problem with reinstalling programs. You have to make sure you've completely uninstalled the program and make sure all traces of it are cleaned from the system before you can reinstall it. Otherwise you end up with problems like these because the setup file will think "wait, you already have it on here, why are you installing me again?" ERROR, ERROR! :rice:

#15 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

A shame with the windows live, I'm still trying to install it correctly to get remote (I normally use aMSN to chat and get communicated).

But I'm still thinking "WTF" with ragnarok and why it isn't working. It works if I Install RO in other PC and copy the folder in a pendrive and copy again in my pc?

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:57 PM

Theoretically, that would work. You just have to make sure you copy into the exact same drive and place or else the shortcuts will go nuts. (Of course you can just update the shortcuts to remedy that if something goes wrong.)

#17 Br4nd0n

Br4nd0n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

It works if I Install RO in other PC and copy the folder in a pendrive and copy again in my pc?

There's some stuff the installer puts into the registry. I think the Ragnarok client is too brittle to run without it.

You said your computer freezes in your original post. Get to the part when it freezes and wait. Windows does some funny stuff (as usual), and locks up for a few minutes. It could take 15 minutes.

Good luck.

Edited by Br4nd0n, 19 August 2010 - 02:12 PM.

#18 Mathayuz

Mathayuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

Br4nd0n, sos lo mas!! AGUANTE CARAJO!! (Sorry, Spanish proud Burst)

I did that, I ran the installer, turned off the Screen and went to dinner. 1 hour back and at last it let me install!!

Thanks to Ultimate for the support in and out of the forum; and to ZeroTigress: basically the 1st name of the old forums I remember and is not asociated to Drama or things like that.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

and to ZeroTigress: basically the 1st name of the old forums I remember and is not asociated to Drama or things like that.

I've never been in a guild long enough to get involved in drama. :rice:

And I thought you were from the old iRO Forums. Your name sounded familiar.

#20 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:24 AM

To install on another PC and copy it over on a usb key works too. RO doesn't need to be installed really, I still use the copy I cut+pasted a dozen times by now :rice: grats!

Edited by Ultimate, 20 August 2010 - 03:25 AM.

#21 chrstphrr

chrstphrr

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

To install on another PC and copy it over on a usb key works too. RO doesn't need to be installed really, I still use the copy I cut+pasted a dozen times by now :) grats!

Trying to spread the word for a decent workaround for installer issues:

In this thread, I described how I used a utility called lessmsi (which is free), that unpacked my install when most of the common ways to fix the install would not work.

http://forums.warppo...453#entry149453

#22 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

i try not to advocate decompiling installers or grf files.

#23 MrRogerioass

MrRogerioass

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPortugal, Cascais
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

I, my name is Rogério but every one calls me MrRogérioass or just ass xD. I'm new here (computer area) so please be patient, and I'm trying to instal the game in a laptop .But enough with presentations. I'm having the same problem over and over again when I start RO insttaler. Windowns asks for my permission and I give it. Then (5 minutes later) it says this: "Windos doesn't reconise the specified file. You may not have the permission to acess the item". I hope you could help me as fast as possible.
Thaks to every that reads this and trys to help

Edited by MrRogerioass, 28 May 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#24 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

I, my name is Rogério but every one calls me MrRogérioass or just ass xD. I'm new here (computer area) so please be patient, and I'm trying to instal the game in a laptop .But enough with presentations. I'm having the same problem over and over again when I start RO insttaler. Windowns asks for my permission and I give it. Then (5 minutes later) it says this: "Windos doesn't reconise the specified file. You may not have the permission to acess the item". I hope you could help me as fast as possible.
Thaks to every that reads this and trys to help

Try following steps ("methods") 1, 5, and 6 in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 2669244.

#25 FireAika

FireAika

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

Hi all I've problem on vista that could seem to be nothing, but for me it's really annoying and I'm unable to install iRO because of it.
So, I already had iRO installed on Vista [and more importantly; on this pc], but uninstalled it a while ago, and now I wanted to install it again, so I dled it from WP:iRO main site.
But here's the problem - when I launch the installer [yes it opens without problems] and set the desired location on D [C is my system hd], I get this:
Spoiler

As you can see, selected hd is C, but its selected by default even though I'm chosing D when asked
Spoiler

So, where's the problem?
The problem is, that I can't "click" on D in picture 1.
Yeah, I can't chose it - and whenever I chose "OK", it just asks me to "clean up" C so I can install it.

Ok so here's the things that I already did, before posting this:
1. I launched it from desktop [that's why in 1st picture there's only 1gb space left];
2. I also launched it from D:/Gravity/iRO;
3. I blocked the window that asks if I "really" want to run this "unknown" by Windows program in properities;
4. But I can't run it in compability with me 98:
Spoiler

Since as you can see, there isn't even compability tab in there

Ok, so - my pc certainly matches the requirements of iRO and as I mentioned, I had it installed some while ago.
I really need to install it on D, so all help would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Oh and btw, yeah I know that this problem seems rather stupidly, but I'm really lost here, so you'll need to forgive me
: D

Edited by FireAika, 12 July 2012 - 03:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users