Can't Install Ro - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't Install Ro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#26 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hi all I've problem on vista that could seem to be nothing, but for me it's really annoying and I'm unable to install iRO because of it.

[…]

I recommend that you perform a manual installation.

#27 villeta

villeta

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

\iRO-13.2.2-FullInstall-20110421-1717.msiCannot save due to insufficient permissions. Please save to another location.

can i ask you why after i download iRO i can't install it pls reply :(

Edited by villeta, 12 July 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#28 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

\iRO-13.2.2-FullInstall-20110421-1717.msiCannot save due to insufficient permissions. Please save to another location.

can i ask you why after i download iRO i can't install it pls reply :(

This problem is caused by a bug in Chrome.

You should be able to rename the downloaded file from Unconfirmed [Number].crdownload to iRO-13.2.2-FullInstall-20110421-1717.msi, then open it.

Edited by Axylus, 12 July 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#29 villeta

villeta

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

@axylus wow thats a lot of help to me. i manage to run it now thanks you so much hope i meet you in the game.

#30 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hi all I've problem on vista that could seem to be nothing, but for me it's really annoying and I'm unable to install iRO because of it.
So, I already had iRO installed on Vista [and more importantly; on this pc], but uninstalled it a while ago, and now I wanted to install it again, so I dled it from WP:iRO main site.
But here's the problem - when I launch the installer [yes it opens without problems] and set the desired location on D [C is my system hd], I get this:

Spoiler

As you can see, selected hd is C, but its selected by default even though I'm chosing D when asked
Spoiler

So, where's the problem?
The problem is, that I can't "click" on D in picture 1.
Yeah, I can't chose it - and whenever I chose "OK", it just asks me to "clean up" C so I can install it.

Ok so here's the things that I already did, before posting this:
1. I launched it from desktop [that's why in 1st picture there's only 1gb space left];
2. I also launched it from D:/Gravity/iRO;
3. I blocked the window that asks if I "really" want to run this "unknown" by Windows program in properities;
4. But I can't run it in compability with me 98:
Spoiler

Since as you can see, there isn't even compability tab in there

Ok, so - my pc certainly matches the requirements of iRO and as I mentioned, I had it installed some while ago.
I really need to install it on D, so all help would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Oh and btw, yeah I know that this problem seems rather stupidly, but I'm really lost here, so you'll need to forgive me
: D

You must have at least 3 GB or so of space on the drive with your Windows Temp folder on it (normally this is on the same drive that windows is installed to) to create temporary files used during the installation process. This space is only used during installation process, and is freed up when installation is completed.

Either free up space on the C: drive, or set windows to use a temp folder on a different drive.

You can also look at Richard's instructions for using LessMSI to manually install, which I don't think requires tons of space for temporary files.

I'd recommend solving the root of the problem, though, since you're going to keep running into problems like this until you change the location of the temp folder or make more space on C. Many programs expect there to be available space in your windows temp folder*.

One of the easiest ways to get a bunch of space on C fast is turning off Hibernation (a power save mode that uses less power than sleep, but takes longer to resume from) - this will free up an amount of space equal to the amount of RAM you have (ie, on system with 4GB of ram, the hibernation file is 4GB in size). http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920730 You probably don't want to use hibernation anyway, even though it's enabled by default (usually normal sleep mode is what you want)

To change location of temp folder: http://answers.micro...27-a76c0b450818 (works for vista too)

* I wound up taking steps like this myself, because I was trying to extract a large zipped file, and didn't have enough temp space to fit the file I was extracting (even though I was extracting it to another location, the archive program insisted on using windows temp folder). Why i'm saying this is, you'll keep running into problems like this as long as your windows temp folder is located on a nearly-full drive.

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 July 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#31 FireAika

FireAika

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

I recommend that you perform a manual installation.

Wow, thanks a bunch man! I'll do that!
[Edit]
I fallowed all steps, and it worked [duh, I guess :P]! Thanks a lot!

You must have at least 3 GB or so of space on the drive with your Windows Temp folder on it (normally this is on the same drive that windows is installed to) to create temporary files used during the installation process. This space is only used during installation process, and is freed up when installation is completed.

Either free up space on the C: drive, or set windows to use a temp folder on a different drive.

You can also look at Richard's instructions for using LessMSI to manually install, which I don't think requires tons of space for temporary files.

I'd recommend solving the root of the problem, though, since you're going to keep running into problems like this until you change the location of the temp folder or make more space on C. Many programs expect there to be available space in your windows temp folder*.

One of the easiest ways to get a bunch of space on C fast is turning off Hibernation (a power save mode that uses less power than sleep, but takes longer to resume from) - this will free up an amount of space equal to the amount of RAM you have (ie, on system with 4GB of ram, the hibernation file is 4GB in size). http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920730 You probably don't want to use hibernation anyway, even though it's enabled by default (usually normal sleep mode is what you want)

To change location of temp folder: http://answers.micro...27-a76c0b450818 (works for vista too)

* I wound up taking steps like this myself, because I was trying to extract a large zipped file, and didn't have enough temp space to fit the file I was extracting (even though I was extracting it to another location, the archive program insisted on using windows temp folder). Why i'm saying this is, you'll keep running into problems like this as long as your windows temp folder is located on a nearly-full drive.

I'm going to fallow the steps of manuall installation, but thanks for advice.
Yeah, actually it's a bother that my C have so not much space, but it has only 20 gb max, so... yeah xD
Thanks anyways, I'm going to do that too.

**It kept me bother what you've said, and I looked into my temps and started to cleaning there, thanks a lot man, now I've 11gb free and I see 3 more coming : )
It helped me a lot, thanks!

Edited by FireAika, 12 July 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#32 au4502

au4502

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:16 AM

sir why cant log in into my both account and why the client patch has a virus one of my friend say it because he is the owner of comshop that i play pls reply today and its still disconnect from server 

VModCinnamon:

Greetings,

This is an old topic and may contain outdated information/files.

Please refer to the pinned topic here or use the official client [link] to perform a clean installation.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 February 2019 - 06:27 AM.
Mod Edit: Please do not necro bump old topics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users