Questions about RoFL & RoR - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Questions about RoFL & RoR

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

I am thinking about collecting zenies to get the Ring of Flame Lord and Ring of Rennosance. However, I would like learn more about these two items before making the purchase.

Does the item actually work?
My guildmate has only the Ring of Rennosance and told me that it does not perform any autocasts. My question is do I need the ROFL and ROR set in order to perform autocasts?
Also, why does the ROFL cost more than the ROR? They both gives a chance of auto casting All kind of Skills when attacking right? Or does the ROFL give more chances.

Thank you in advance.

#2 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

RoR autocasts are triggered then you are actually physically hit, not when attacking, so it isn't as useful to a flee-based character except as a part of the set.
RoFL autocasts (and the set bonus autocasts) are triggered when attacking, so it is more useful to a melee character. I don't know if ranged attacks or reflecting will trigger it or not.

I know they both worked pre-Renewal, but I haven't tried them since.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:21 AM

Yes, they work as expected. The proc rates are high too. As Atha said, RoR procs on being hit, RoFL procs on attacking, and their proc rates are considerably higher as a set.

RoFL skills DO proc on reflect hits, which is why RGs love them and people leveling on the same map as RG's hate them.

I've always felt that the set was one of the most overrated items in the game. I see the value on an RG, or for an agi melee (note - you might want an injustice dagger to put on and take off*, to cancel the sonic blow autocast, otherwise it will break ctrl-click). I've seen so much stupid crap happen because people bring RoFLRoR to mvp runs and other situations where control is needed, and then screw everything up because a tarot card teleport or something goes off.

As for the price, it's gone back and forth. Sometimes the RoR is more expensive, sometimes the RoFL is. If I had to venture a guess, i'd say it's down to the recent luck of people killing Ifrit - since almost everyone uses RoFLRoR as a set, it doesn't take a large supply imbalance to result in a price difference.

*If you have an autocast item on, then put on a second item that autocasts the same skill while doing the same thing, the second one will override the first. If you then take it off, the autocast is gone until the next time you relog, or take off the first item and put it back on.

#4 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

ROFL is more expensive because RGs use it to increase their damage output while reflecting. Also helps the "last hit" kaahi problem so a huge mob doesn't all die at the same time. RoR should NOT be used by an RG for reflecting because it autocasts quag and assumptio.

I don't see anyone using the whole set, just individual rings.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

ROFL is more expensive because RGs use it to increase their damage output while reflecting. Also helps the "last hit" kaahi problem so a huge mob doesn't all die at the same time. RoR should NOT be used by an RG for reflecting because it autocasts quag and assumptio.

I don't see anyone using the whole set, just individual rings.

Aaaha - didn't realize that RG's don't use both rings. Makes sense though. And that would explain the higher price of RoFL.

For non RG, using the rings as a set is standard procedure.

#6 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

Aaaha - didn't realize that RG's don't use both rings. Makes sense though. And that would explain the higher price of RoFL.

For non RG, using the rings as a set is standard procedure.

I use the RoFL when I reflect level my RG. Never use the RoR. You don't want Gfist to go off or quagmire with kaahi. Don't know how much dmg it does but it looks cool lol. Slap on the Magic Rabbit Hat and a Kasa carded valk mant and watch the screen light up with all the auto casts. Maybe it will get people to leave my leveling area so I can catch larger mobs lol.

I use the RoFL and RoR together in woe. Its great when the ring procs Gfist on a enemy when being attacked. It is also fun when a enemy is trying to break your emp and it auto cast quagmire to slow down their aspd. I do take off the rings before I break because the skills will interrupt your breaking.

RoFL is also better because it give 10% resistance to fire and +15 atk. RoR give no resistance or stat bonus.

Edited by DarkDan, 06 June 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#7 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

*If you have an autocast item on, then put on a second item that autocasts the same skill while doing the same thing, the second one will override the first. If you then take it off, the autocast is gone until the next time you relog, or take off the first item and put it back on.

2 owl baron card dont stack?

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

2 owl baron card dont stack?

Correct. Put two on, take one off, and you'll find that you have no owl baron effect.

#9 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

Great for Agi RK.
Only thing that irritates me is, once sonic blow activates the character stops attacking so you have to click the monster again to continue hitting [can be fixed with injustice weapon] and Gfist sucks all your SP [isnt a big problem at 1% chance to activate].

#10 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Thank you for all the great responses. Any idea how much I should be expecting to pay for one?

#11 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

Depends on which server you are on.

#12 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Depends on which server you are on.

How much is it going for on Valkyrie?

#13 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

500m - 600m. It depends on who you buy it from, you could get it for cheap from a person who regularly hunts Ifrit. Mr.Frog from Valkyrie had a few of these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users