183 replies to this topic

#26 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

People complain, so there must be a problem. Nice logic.

#27 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hey, instead of removing Arullo and DSL from GD, can you at least state some reasons WHY? At least give the public a statement about it instead of nerfing it via conversations with several people not done in a public setting? There's so many reasons why it shouldn't have been disabled. It's a terrible way to fix whatever "issues" it has.

Can you guys please start talking to the general public about these kinds of changes. I seriously wish you guys would talk to us more.

unfifam( the bisss slave of gms) posted something about sleeping npcs that make god items and they where making hacked god items etc etc.... they should fix the bugg and not removing MORE PLACES where we can use those skills, i still with the idea that arrullo and deep sleep should be removed from main skills and they should give to maestro and sorc a skill same OP as GoH and cart canon are(super FASTER INSTANT CAST, and spameable-obviusly with a high price-) but idk Fake Gms love to mess up the things becouse they cant do their job properly

#28 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Howling Mandragora, increasing the skill recast to 60 seconds. Adding a front end cast time of 1s fixed.
Soul Exhale : Lowering the front end cast bar, and possibly lowering the recast time
Arch Bishop : Looking at the recast times and SP costs. considering making more heals per minute a viable possibility.[*]Old Kafra Shop Headgear recycler.

All look good to me, although I prefer this...

*cough* Make it give full SP again *cough*

Edit: Any list of items for the "Old Kafra Shop Headgear recycler"?

Edited by Tigra, 06 June 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#29 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

Looking forward to the Summoner and MVP changes.
I hope the changes will actually make the MVP less "boring" and not just annoying or for elite only.

#30 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

Looking forward to the Summoner and MVP changes.
I hope the changes will actually make the MVP less "boring" and not just annoying or for elite only.

That's what I fear.

The boost will make them more difficult, but only make a noticeable difference to the casual, average level player. Here's hoping that isn't what the GMs have in mind,

Edit: Though.. iRO MVPs give less EXP than their counterparts on other official servers. Will this be changing?

Edited by Kitten, 06 June 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#31 Cavez

Cavez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

we should really have a +4 to +10 HD safe refine effect. make it a limited time event.

#32 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

No KvM converter yet?

#33 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

I think the rule for flaming or trash talking on Employees will need to start being enacted. The acerbic comments towards our work actually makes it harder for us to work, and takes a dump on the whole community outlook. People that do that can exit the Warpportal Station via a cannon into the nearest convenient stellar object. Being a customer does NOT always make you right, nor does it give you the right to act like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum.

Most people here in the forum will read the above statement and perhaps wonder if they are the ones it is directed too. If you are wondering that it probably isn't you.

Now to answer questions:
MVPs can be tanked, this shouldn't be the case, it should be hard for a group, near impossible (except with extremely time consuming methods) to solo..
Fixed cast times for many of the skills mentioned in this thread have already been reduced well below default. If you haven't tried it before and after May 2011 then you likely are not up to date on what was changed.
Arullo being blocked in guild dungeon has nothing to do with NPCs.
Troy will continue offering his event until a specific number of advertisements are consumed. We check every week and when its ready to go it will leave.
Tower dust is a terrible idea for a omni Summon item, as people can go in the dungeon far too often on too many charcters to get a stockpile.

#34 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

Could you change the bungee jump npc from being a walkable cell to be a click-able npc instead? Kind of how you changed the lighthalzen thief from the speed potions quest. Currently the bungee jump gets crowded super-easily and stops working (or gets blocked on purpose and made unusable).

IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2rhydk3.jpg[/IMG]

Instead of gathering down there, you can actually jump from above like real bungee you know. If you do it right, you'll always land at 'the' spot. If you alive, then just click some upper cell and your char will move back up.

#35 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

ummm... if you played the game that you moderated? then would know why people are so pissed off all the time. conversely; normal business model: customer is always right. ragnarok business model: Being a customer does NOT always make you right(apparently). reminded of this when waiting over a week for support tickets and many many things. heim, you do what you can, but it just never enough sometimes

Edited by BlackPotato, 06 June 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#36 Chronopath

Chronopath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

Is there any update when Token of Sigfrieds will be DISABLED in GD?

Its strange that DSL and Arullo got disabled in GD, but not Token of Seigfrieds.

#37 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

Then why is it being blocked? Same with DSL. These are questions that require answers. It's like when you guys added delay to Zen. I wish you would state reasons and ask the public first before doing any of these things. It would be nice to be kept in the loop about changes that aren't from KRO.

Edited by Sapphic, 06 June 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#38 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

There's been conflicting demands which are really difficult to take action.

You get constant nerf demands from other classes to nerf class A's skills then all of class A would argue about the nerf.

Some people want the GM team to do what they want (I did too :D with ME and AV cast times), but some demands are just coming from people who can't do anything to fight back in-game. Thus, resulting to a flamed forum (trolling or not).

Then, there are people who want the GM team to stop doing what everyone demands due to some problem it caused way back (prior my coming back to iRO).

I get that the community is right (sometimes) and that it is also selfish at times.

Try to be civil when posting or replying to a post.

The GM team is doing their job, so give them space to work on the task at hand. They are a small team compared to other RO (kRO and jRO). And, quite minimal work force means they have to take an extra chunk of work to address such demands while also keeping customers satisfied, which is really difficult when you get flaming posts.

A little more patience for the community and a lot more of understanding the situation at hand.

They gave us a month on which balancing patch and the mounts (can't wait for the new clothing dye palettes btw :D) are to be implemented (by the end of summer and please correct me if I'm wrong)'

I know most of the demands were long overdue but I am pleased that the GM team have addressed them and maybe a few more.

This is all IMO please take into consideration that this month is big for iRO (busy).

Give the GM team a bit of space, I have noticed that they are responding more on the iRO community's demands compared to last year (I believe due to renewal).

I probably opened myself to be attacked but just like most people say "Haters gonna hate" or was that from someone's signature? :P

Cheers

Edited by Ularis, 06 June 2011 - 07:58 PM.

#39 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

I think the rule for flaming or trash talking on Employees will need to start being enacted. The acerbic comments towards our work actually makes it harder for us to work, and takes a dump on the whole community outlook. People that do that can exit the Warpportal Station via a cannon into the nearest convenient stellar object. Being a customer does NOT always make you right, nor does it give you the right to act like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum.

Most people here in the forum will read the above statement and perhaps wonder if they are the ones it is directed too. If you are wondering that it probably isn't you.

If only I could +1 this. D:

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

Tower dust is a terrible idea for a omni Summon item, as people can go in the dungeon far too often on too many charcters to get a stockpile.

How about its used to summon tower specific mvps with the amount used related to how many ash are needed to reach that mvps floor.

#41 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Well IMO, helping us understand why these changes were made would help all of us. in the end if everyone understands why changes were made, there will be less flaming and trash talking as well as less QQ threads popping up.

Now to answer questions:

Now please answer this: Please help us understand why DSL and Arullo are disabled.
If we know the reason why and if it is valid, then we would not complain.

Please don't leave us in the shadows with blank minds as why skills are being nerfed. A good explaination to things would help us all.

Edited by iCandy, 06 June 2011 - 08:55 PM.

#42 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

Now please answer this: Please help us understand why DSL and Arullo are disabled.
If we know the reason why and if it is valid, then we would not complain.

Please don't leave us in the shadows with blank minds as why skills are being nerfed. A good explaination to things would help us all.

Agreed :|

I'd be fine with it if there was some kind of explanation that made sense. I want to know what was complained about, why the GMs thought it needed disabling, and any other details. As a performer main it'd be nice to know.

I'm tired of IRO making its own changes to skills without an explanation and without asking for feedback before implementation.

Edited by Sapphic, 06 June 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#43 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

I don't understand what kind of changes these are. I'm a Genetic, but I could care less about that.

WoE is being nerfed too much right now. WoE is supposed to be a GvG event...not a large scale PVP. By increasing the delay on Howl to 1 minute, you're gonna take away ANOTHER aspect or organization and guild strategy. And no, I'm not worried about what this will do to my guild. We'll be in delay a lot less and our suras will just run around with our chasers and crush lives. But the problem is that...there's no longer any organization required for WoE. By removing the effectiveness of Howl and how frequently it can be casted, you're basically making EVERY class that was slowed down by it OP now. So...guilds won't need to wait around for ABs anymore before they push for clearance. People can just buff themselves and run in and dodge the occasional howl.

I don't understand what strategy the GMs are employing here. If this is the path that RO is going to take, they should get rid of WoE 2 and WoE 1 and make 2 different WoEs: Good WoE and Bad WoE. Good WoE is for the people that want a challenge and enjoy working together as a group. Bad WoE is noob friendly, requires no class balance, and can have people running around soloing people because of changes in fist and now howl.

I just don't understand, mostly. WoE is too easy as it is. And if anything, our side has WAY FEWER genetics than theirs. So it's just gonna help us if ANYTHING! =\

Edited by Lambor, 06 June 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#44 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Also yeah, 60 seconds is WAY too long. I never minded Howl much, because our guild actually has ABs. You know, because WoE is a team effort and all.

This is an indirect nerf to the usefulness of ABs :D

I don't mind adding a delay, but 60 seconds is really high.

Edited by Sapphic, 06 June 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#45 Aishu

Aishu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

Soul Exhale : Lowering the front end cast bar, and possibly lowering the recast time

there's a recast delay?

- Stone Buckler added

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... :D npc'd sooooo many of those xD

as for howling, 1 min does seem like a bit much 45 seconds would have been a little better... but it just means you actually need more than 1 genetic now to disable half a guild that doesn't get clearenced right away~

#46 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Could you change the bungee jump npc from being a walkable cell to be a click-able npc instead? Kind of how you changed the lighthalzen thief from the speed potions quest. Currently the bungee jump gets crowded super-easily and stops working (or gets blocked on purpose and made unusable).

"Snipe"

+1 They also need to be banned especialy the AB with the Wig. He's blocking the Main Portal to niff

Posted Image

#47 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

The Arullo and deep sleep nerfs in GD seem unessisary, you should really state your reasons why your plan to ninja nerf skills which havent proved problamatic. If any thing please fix the res tokens, they are one of the most urgent problems.

The 60 seconds cooldown on Mandragora Howl seems excessive 30-40 seconds seems more reasonable. Also you have failed to realise that the effect is only 11x11 meaning you have to zip within 5 cells of the enemy and attemp to get a one second cast off, in that time you will get killed 5 times over by the other guild. Genectics have one of the worst hp mods, its not going to be viable as a skill with a full second cast. Your over nerfing skills without understanding how they actually work kinda like the zen nerf a week ago. Reduce it to half a second fixed cast to make using the skill still dangerous but not completly inhibittive to use alltogether. Nerfing a skill too hard to the point it dosent/cant be used is the wrong way to attempt to bring balance. Baby steps are needed to gradually curb these skills.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 06 June 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#48 Supatony

Supatony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

Backslide?

#49 DeadlySinner

DeadlySinner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:09 PM

The Arullo and deep sleep nerfs in GD seem unessisary, you should really state your reasons why your plan to ninja nerf skills which havent proved problamatic. If any thing please fix the res tokens, they are one of the most urgent problems.

The 60 seconds cooldown on Mandragora Howl seems excessive 45 seconds seems more reasonable. Also you have failed to realise that the effect is only 11x11 meaning you have to zip within 5 cells of the enemy and attemp to get a one second cast off, in that time you will get killed 5 times over by the other guild. Genectics have one of the worst hp mods, its not going to be viable as a skill with a full second cast. Your over nerfing skills without understanding how they actually work kinda like the zen nerf a week ago. Reduce it to half a second fixed cast to make using the skill still dangerous but not completly inhibittive to use alltogether. Nerfing a skill too hard to the point it dosent/cant be used is the wrong way to attempt to bring balance. Baby steps are needed to gradually curb these skills.

It isn't a fixed cast time of 1 second, so it can still be reduced by int/dex. Also, they are only testing and will not be permanent changes, therefore, let them see the results instead of jumping the bandwagon on this. Like previously mentioned in the Zen skill issue, Mandragora Howl is not a skill needed for leveling, so it will not get as much "hate" until after it is tested at WoE.

#50 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

Howling Mandragora, increasing the skill recast to 60 seconds. Adding a front end cast time of 1s fixed.

Learn to read before you post, it clearly saids 1 second FIXED cast time. If it was reducable I wouldent have a bandwagon to get on. As it stands it breaks the skills capacity to be used in any real situation besides behind a wall.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 06 June 2011 - 11:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users