DeadlySinner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

I think he meant that they FIXED the 1s cast time they intended to add. He should have said "Adding a front end "fixed" cast time of 1s." Or perhaps I'm mistaken.

#52 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

*cough* Make it give full SP again *cough*

Should have made it impossible to recover SP through Soul Exhale after using GFist, instead of making it heal half the SP with a fully fixed 3sec casttime :I

Edited by Charon, 07 June 2011 - 12:26 AM.

#53 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

Now to answer questions:
MVPs can be tanked, this shouldn't be the case, it should be hard for a group, near impossible (except with extremely time consuming methods) to solo..

Well i hope that doesn't mean even crappy mvps get made harder. Some mvps are deliberately low level so there is a variety of easy and hard. Also, should make sure the rewards from an mvp justify the extra effort. No point buffing something like drake or moonie for example.

#54 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:44 AM

For a MVP to require a party to take down i.e. enough damage you need a proper tank with support to stand in front of, its going to need to be on par with the bio3 MVP's which is kinda out of the realms for most players I think.

I suspect this will go hand in hand with a kaahi nerf which im also not chuffed about, but accept that'd most likely be neccessary to make the changes you want to with MVP's.

Not to say im opposed to buffing MVP's, im just a bit sceptical. If they become too hard certain 'people' will just find an exploit of some sort like they've always done in the past, and everyone else pretty much stops MVP'ing and goes back to hunting regular monsters for income.

You might also want to make some changes to Suras/Gfist so that one-shotting every MVP in the game (cept ghost ones) isnt possible with 5m fists etc or other absurd figures.

If only I could +1 this. D:

You might not be able to but can certainly +1 your post :D

Edited by Hrothmund, 07 June 2011 - 12:45 AM.

#55 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:50 AM

howling is a retarded skill and should be removed totally.
hey, i have an idea, lets add 2s fixed cast to all skills and make renewal even slower!
clearance has a stupid delay, you cant even clear a full party before howl goes away naturally

the dsl/arullo change is retarded tho. whats the reasoning behind this

#56 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:34 AM

Instead of gathering down there, you can actually jump from above like real bungee you know. If you do it right, you'll always land at 'the' spot. If you alive, then just click some upper cell and your char will move back up.

The problem is that if there is one person standing on the cell, the npc will not activate. And, you can be the person standing on the magical cell really easily, blocking everyone, whether they are down, try to jump from above, or have the magical cell memoed and they warp onto it.

One person shouldn't be able to block everyone else that easily... and it actually happens. I really hope the magical cell can be turned into a click-able npc.

howling is a retarded skill and should be removed totally.
hey, i have an idea, lets add 2s fixed cast to all skills and make renewal even slower!
clearance has a stupid delay, you cant even clear a full party before howl goes away naturally

^I agree with this wise man. Unless you have lots and lots of archbishops, when you get howled, you take like 15 seconds to recover one single person (cast time + cooldown). So most of the times people just recover naturally.

If clearance was a spammable skill without delay usable on anyone, then mandrahowling wouldn't need a delay. It would be again like gypsy-stun and status recovery, but with slow castings xP.

#57 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

And if people DO get howled, maybe you guys should slow down, organize, and get the ABs to clear the most important people first rather than clearing Maestros and other BS classes that don't matter and being stuck in cooldown.

LET'S MAKE RO MORE NOOB FRIENDLY! YAY! While we're at it, we should probably make it so ABs have no delay at all on skills and clearance and all that. Then, we don't need any organization AT ALL and they can just spam skills on EVERYBODY!

YAY FOR NoobRO...

This nerf makes no sense. It's like...removing gfist because nobody ingame is getting enough VIT to live even a non-megged gfist and nobody switches to GRs. You can't keep nerfing skills because people are playing wrong.

I'm not being biased just because I'm a Genetic. I'll stress that again. I could care less because I'd rather spam bomb and DF/FE without getting howled. I'm gonna crush lives even harder. It's just stupid though. Ktul, Megged, properly built Genetic raining DF/FE is gonna be SO OP! Especially with no more howl on me =).

Dumb... :D

Edited by Resplendent, 07 June 2011 - 07:26 AM.
le sigh

#58 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

^plays genetic :D

#59 Vandir

Vandir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:28 AM

I think the rule for flaming or trash talking on Employees will need to start being enacted. The acerbic comments towards our work actually makes it harder for us to work, and takes a dump on the whole community outlook. People that do that can exit the Warpportal Station via a cannon into the nearest convenient stellar object. Being a customer does NOT always make you right, nor does it give you the right to act like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum.

+1 Your honesty and no bull-_- approach made my day.

#60 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

On a personal level i am glad for the howl nerf but just wondered when adjusting that skill if you guys took into account the balancing patch which makes it easier for ABs to cure howl? Just saying as nerfing howl now and then having to un-nerf it later would be kinda pointless.

#61 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

But just 1 second? still easier to spam I guess...

#62 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

Yea, easier to spam. 1 minute cooldown. I'll spam the balls out of it 120 times a WoE total, assuming I'm alive and in the castle and in a battle every time the cooldown expires.

I think we should add a 1 minute cooldown on EVERY skill. That'll make the game the MOST fair and noob friendly. Because...then...most people will be running around meleeing each other and even NOOBS can outpot that! Maybe.

I've seen your WoE videos. You guys aren't organized and you guys use your ABs for...nothing. So yea, actually. I guess a howl nerf was called for. Because the rest of the iRO population is too stupid to play with it. :D

:( :) :( :D :D :P :D :sigh: :(

Edited by Lambor, 07 June 2011 - 07:24 AM.

#63 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

lol... u should be grateful man...

Stasis cool down is around 4 minutes... Comet is pretty much the same... and Stasis is quite same as howling, but with cast bar and bigger range...

1 minute is nothing if you know how to work it out =P

#64 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

1s is fair, at least you cant pull it off even if you have blood sucker on :D

Comet has a stupid 5minute cooldown btw :D

#65 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

And if people DO get howled, maybe you guys should slow down, organize, and get the ABs to clear the most important people first rather than clearing Maestros and other BS classes that don't matter and being stuck in cooldown.

LET'S MAKE RO MORE NOOB FRIENDLY! YAY! While we're at it, we should probably make it so ABs have no delay at all on skills and clearance and all that. Then, we don't need any organization AT ALL and they can just spam skills on EVERYBODY!

YAY FOR NoobRO...

This nerf makes no sense. It's like...removing gfist because nobody ingame is getting enough VIT to live even a non-megged gfist and nobody switches to GRs. You can't keep nerfing skills because people are playing wrong.

I'm not being biased just because I'm a Genetic. I'll stress that again. I could care less because I'd rather spam bomb and DF/FE without getting howled. I'm gonna crush lives even harder. It's just stupid though. Ktul, Megged, properly built Genetic raining DF/FE is gonna be SO OP! Especially with no more howl on me =).

Dumb... :D

u mad?

#66 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

garglegargle

You realize that with every post you're making yourself look more retarded? You should really get off the internet for a sec and chill out.

#67 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:56 AM

Yea, easier to spam. 1 minute cooldown. I'll spam the balls out of it 120 times a WoE total, assuming I'm alive and in the castle and in a battle every time the cooldown expires.

I think we should add a 1 minute cooldown on EVERY skill. That'll make the game the MOST fair and noob friendly. Because...then...most people will be running around meleeing each other and even NOOBS can outpot that! Maybe.

I've seen your WoE videos. You guys aren't organized and you guys use your ABs for...nothing. So yea, actually. I guess a howl nerf was called for. Because the rest of the iRO population is too stupid to play with it. :D

:( :) :( :D :D :P :D :sigh:

Blarg ^^;.

Is there anyone who really enjoys war of the slowpoke?
I'm oki with skills that kill and some skills that disable, but the constant slow walking, slow casting over slow casting and so on isn't fun for me. It doesn't have to do anything with skill or such, but if you enjoy a sloooooow woe or faster battles.

I imagine that people who like slow woe get all exited when their RO is laggy too :(

#68 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

Take it easy, duders. Closed sticky'd maint threads are a real bummer.

#69 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

That's the wrong nerf on howl (the 60 sec delay) - Aren't we getting a skill change in a soon-to-arrive update that will lower the success rates? I think that would be a better nerf. 1s fixed cast is probably a good thing, though, considering how easy genetics get instant cast.

#70 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

Mandragora Howling:

It's currently a very powerful skill that is easy to successfully activate. Why I think general discontent exists, is because howl status is annoying (excessive fixed cast increase) and because players are relatively powerless in their ability to counter it (besides mutual affliction of howling).

With the absurd damage potentials of certain classes in renewal, with % reductions not being properly applied to various skills, and with HP restorative pots not being buffed at all in renewal, what howl currently accomplishes is:
-slowing down combat to become more manageable (though perhaps by too much)
-protecting a group of average coordination from one-man-army OP classes that would otherwise wreak havoc/cause chaos on those groups with an unbalanced impunity.

The proposed balancing change does not make howl status any less annoying; it only reduces the potential frequency of affliction. The change does not drastically increase player ability to counter; it only reduces the frequency for when counters (that don't currently exist) would be needed.

In my opinion, it is not a good change; there are better ways to nerf howl.

1) Scale down the fixed cast increase of howl status. For example, howl status could add +1 sec fixed cast, instead of the greater amount it adds now. This would make howl status less annoying.

2) Increase the affect of luk in resisting howl status. 50% resistance to howl is already realistically and practically obtainable. If luk had even greater effect, variance in character stat builds would be further promoted. This would increase the ability of every class, if they so chose, to partially and individually counter howl.

3) Change the clearance skill to be always instant cast (even when caster is howled), with aspd delay, and castable on all allied targets (whether in same party or not). This would make howl more toward balanced, by buffing one of its counters.

4) Allow howl to be AoE curable by AB (such as outlined in kRO 4/13 skill balances patch). This change would add an even more powerful howl counter. Because the AB AoE only has a chance to cure howl status, there would be different scenarios where AoE or single target howl-status removal would each be more preferable.

I would think balance changes that promote an increase in dynamic, human skill input would be preferable. The fixed cast addition to howl cast stops the in-and-out kamikaze genetics, but the 1 minute re-use timer makes the skill borderline useless in skirmishes.

Edited by jax5, 07 June 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#71 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

normal business model: customer is always right. ragnarok business model: Being a customer does NOT always make you right(apparently).

This is true when, for instance, a customer wants a turkey sandwich but wants it with cole slaw, even though that option isn't on the menu. This is true when, for instance, a passenger on an airplane is picky with the service their flight attendant is offering. This is not true when, for instance, the customer complains about the location of the store and demands they relocate, demand they fire an employee because they don't like that person's sense of style, complain about their marketing strategies and their return policy and expect the company to change it all on a whim."

It's also not a normal business model, it was a slogan from over a hundred years ago used by a department store to assure customers they'd get good customer service. The company abandoned the slogan because it led to bad customer service.

#72 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

If you want to make lower and medium difficulty boss monsters more challenging then you need to increase their rewards because very few of them offer anything better than outdated junk at a very low chance.

#73 rldorrall

rldorrall

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

being that ur gonna be updating mvp's and more or less making them tougher can u please increase thier drops

#74 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

MVPs not being tankable!

Sorry but is this some sort of incredibly stupid joke.

This is exactly the sort of rubbish that you shouldnt be doing. Your just pushing them more into the solo'ers hands with Gfist fwing being the best none tanking strategy.

Not like its a surprise though. The way forward for years has been to increase the number of mvps with EQ/coma and make them immune to every status, push back and anything that isnt Gfist or bombing for years.

Seriously sort it out. Maybe play some WoW and see how they design bosses for groups or summit.

#75 PhenixFire

PhenixFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

I play a genetic and I actually welcome the howling "nerf." While it's great and all, I think I have spent more time howled than not, and it's annoying when my mentality is howl first then do whatever I was gonna do. I'd rather spend more time worrying about other skills and strategies than howl howl howl.

And for the people wondering about the DSL and Arrullo thing, I think its because Deep Sleep actually has no real benefit to leveling and therefore can be abused just for the sake of it. It does no damage, and if you were leveling (which is ALWAYS by way of mobbing) you're not trying to put stuff to sleep to kill it as a maestro or a warlock. I could for instance, just DSL a party who was trying to level over and over again, and you can't really call it abuse because the GD is a live PvP map. While you do take the risk believe it or not everyone isn't always PvP/ Guild War, murder oriented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users