Undead VIP Dungeon - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Undead VIP Dungeon

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

I've yet to check out the Overlook Water Dungeon, but I do like the idea and was wondering if we can request the next dungeon? I'd love it, and I'm sure others would agree with me, if there were an Undead/Demon VIP dungeon... for levels 110-150. My opinion is biased, seeing as I main an Arch Bishop, but there really isn't many places for one to go to level by themselves. asayuu mentioned a VIP cursed abbey in another thread, and I thought it'd be a great idea, so I figured I'd put my 2 cents in and suggest one.

If there were a dungeon full of Demon and Undead property monsters, it'd finally give us a place to shine...

I'm thinking, for the maps, if you used Cursed Monastery 1, 2, and 3 maps...
Floor 1:
Posted Image
With spawns of "buffed up" monsters level 110-123, Possibly: Zombie Masters, Skeleton Generals, Zombie Prisoners, Wraith Dead and Dark Priests?

Floor 2:
Posted Image
With spawns of "buffed up" monsters level 125-137, Possibly: Ancient Mummies, Hellhounds, Banshee Masters, Ragged Zombies and Flame Skulls?

Floor 3:
Posted Image
With spawns of "buffed up" monsters level 140-153, Possibly: Necromancers, Zombie Slaughters, Fallen Bishops (a regular monster type - not the MVP) and Incarnation of Morroc (Human)s?

The monsters wouldn't necessarily have to be the ones I suggested, but at least a mix of undead and demon on each floor. They shouldn't be too hard, to where if you had decent gear and stuff you could solo, but they should still pose enough of a threat that you'd benefit from having a small party, too. The HP:EXP ratio would have to be worth it, too, to where the mobs wont have an insane amount of HP to where you can't kill them in one or two Magnus Exorcismus's or whatever.

A dungeon like this would give everyone a new place to level, instead of the main leveling spots from 110+(Jupe, AL3, NI2/3, and Bio2). But also, more importantly :D , give Bishops a place to solo and not have to leech off others to level themselves. :D

I'm not sure exactly how much work has to go into making something like this, but I just wanted to get the idea out there for discussion. Feel free to post your opinions/suggestions as well, so long as they're constructive. Thanks.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

Sounds like a fun setup. I hope the GM's look into this suggestion.

Not sure about non-MVP version of Fallen Bishops though.

#3 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Would be cool considering Heim mentioned that the next "overlook" dungeon will be one for higher levels. Bishops need some serious loving, and this would be a pretty awesome place to start!

#4 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

I think this would be fun (for characters of any job)!

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

Oh wait, I gave it that idea...

asayuu mentioned a VIP cursed abbey in another thread, and I thought it'd be a great idea, so I figured I'd put my 2 cents in and suggest one.

Oh my goddesses, the idea is really mine... *dies of blindness*

Well, yes. It would be very nice though, if we had one leveling spot for the high level VIP people. The Cursed Abbey would be nice because it would be a place able to make the Archbishops able to solo, but most people would like it [<3 Silver Arrows being sold 3z each]

Okay, any VIP dungeon would be nice, if the monsters are strong and it makes playing in parties better. Okay, it could be the same respawns [but stronger] as the default map [except for both MVPs]... But well. It's not my choice~

@People who don't like the idea:

Which dungeon would you prefer putting VIP-enhanced monsters instead?

#6 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

I love your IDEA!

But I think it wouldn't stop people from soloing.

I could see RKs Dragon Breath+Wing and lets not forget Warlocks CR. (I have no bad blood with the mentioned classes) It's just reasonable for them to do it unless something is done with the party system (EXP-wise or in general :D).

#7 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Bump.

And it wouldn't have to be fallen bishops, I just like his sprite, lol. Any of the regular higher-leveled undead/demon mobs would be cool for a dungeon like this.

#8 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

I love that idea. +1 support from me! :D

#9 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

For all VIP dungeons with MVPs: I don't know. Maybe after making a repeatable turnin which gives [a little few] experience, you get a ticket and give to the VIP summoner, and with some random package of items, you can fight the [normal or] enhanced MVP.

Like: You finish all the quests of Abbey 2, then get one "Ticket to fight VIP Fallen Bishop", then after handing out the ticket, giving some random items like 100 Horrendous Mouths + 100 Skulls... It would work exactly like the normal MVP summoning does, but requiring VIP tickets you get in the VIP dungeon.

I think the ticket should be account-bound, to prevent selling.

[Random idea of the day = /omg D:]

#10 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

I get the feeling this VIP dungeon would also be popular when Homunculus S is released. You could expect to see a lot of unicorn trainers there.

Either way, I still doubt that archbishops would survive in a place like this using ME or even judex/adoramus. They'd still be stuck in party support x:

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 07 June 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#11 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

I liked the idea but I think the map should be morroc pyramid :D

#12 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:25 AM

I don't really care what, I just want a VIP dungeon I can actually do on my chars.

The reason you're not receiving feedback on the first VIP dungeon, or it may not be popular is because NO ONE CAN DO IT ON CHARACTERS THEY ACTUALLY PLAY.

Edited by Sera, 08 June 2011 - 03:27 AM.

#13 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

The reason you're not receiving feedback on the first VIP dungeon, or it may not be popular is because NO ONE CAN DO IT ON CHARACTERS THEY ACTUALLY PLAY.

They did receive feedback and fixed a lot of the early problems with the VIP dungeon. The spawn rates have been tweaked and the earlier floors have more monsters now. I went through it recently with a new swordie/crusader and it was a very good alternative. Started at 30 and doing the turn ins in each floor, you'd get to 75 when you finish the dungeon. For the earlier levels (30-60s), it's probably the fastest exp when 2x is not in. The dungeon was designed for newer players or older players making new characters and I think it serves that purpose well.

On topic, Undead VIP dungeon would be pretty nice. Hope they consider changing the base/job ratio for monsters in a 100+ VIP dungeon. Just make job exp the same as base exp. That would fix the problem of job levels lagging behind.

#14 Frank1e

Frank1e

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

ive played in the overlook dungeon on a party of 4 and the exp was awesome as well as the reward for the turn ins. A higher lvl dungeon with buffed monsters with the same benefits would be cool even for parties.

#15 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

i like the idea of new, more challenging dungeons but i hate the idea of level restriction. seriously i have other MMOs i could be playing but i dont for reason of stupid :D like level caps on dungeons and quests requiring items from said dungeons. why do i bother paying for VIP when i cant even access the VIP content?

#16 Ciler

Ciler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

One issue though. to go to Nameless, one has to do a lengthy longass painful quest; and collect camel droppings.

So it's a bit of a bother on that side, that people could just "bypass" the quest by going VIP.

That or make the access to the VIP conditional to having done the nameless quest maybe ?

#17 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

I've done the water vip dungeon and the damn of monsters water ball in lvl 4 and 5 is so op. Without a swordfish card it is instant death unless you spam em pots or just fwing in the middle.

I don't really agree that a Vip quest should go to 150 either. Its a good idea it just prolly the wrong place for a vip dungeon.

I would rather see less used classic maps get a vip dungeon and that is why i like the overlook water dungeon vip experience(not Exp).

#18 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

It wouldn't have to be placed onto an Abbey Sanctuary-cloned map. I was just trying to find big enough maps to where there could be more than one party going on and the others wouldn't be hindered.

I'd also considered morroc pyramids maps, too, minus the B1-2 floors (or keep them, idk).

The nameless island quest chain isn't that bad, and if you're doing it now - you're probably 110+ anyways, unless you're doing it on a slave character of sorts. But, I didn't mean for this to be taken THAT seriously. If they made the next VIP dungeon on Abbey maps, it wouldn't replace the current maps... just as Overlook didn't replace Byalan; they're just copies of the maps. Having you required to do the Nameless Island quest as a prequest to get into the dungeon would probably make people cry out in complaint but I wouldn't really mind personally, as my mains have it done already.

The dungeon wouldn't have to go all the way up to 150. I'd think it'd be nice, though. As an Arch Bishop, there are very limited places you can solo with ME/Judex/Adoramus... and you're pretty much stuck at Necromancers until they stop giving you EXP... then it's either Seal 2 quest on repeat, or leech off others to get the last levels.

As Luckywhiterabbit mentioned, I'm not sure if bishops would be able to solo on the VIP maps either. With the right monster tweaking, it should be possible... so long as the maps aren't too mobby (but mobby enough). I don't know. It'd have to be tested.

Then again, the VIP dungeons aren't supposed to be solo-able, even though it'd probably still be possible... just depends on how many supplies and whatnot you'd be willing to use.

It would be nice to have a higher-leveled VIP dungeon that gave enough EXP (and was hard enough that it wasn't solo-able by the average joe) to where people wouldn't mind partying the classes that struggle to level themselves, and actually bring back the fun partying experiences of RO.

#19 Raedjin

Raedjin

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

A VIP version of GH will be amazing too! Enough different monsters for make "overlook"/harder versions.

#20 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

Priests could hit undeads with their "secret skill" [Turn Undead] even stronger than some lots of gfists around there.

Safety Wall + Kyrie Eleison + Turn Undead: Goodbye, undeads~

How bad it just targets undeads anyways...

---

Random note of the day: I struggle to level myself. And no ABs want to be near me because I'm weak D:

Edited by asayuu, 08 June 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#21 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

I think a permanent turn in only VIP dungeon would be nice for levels 99-120 only. It'd be good for people to party, get their leveling skills, and overall learn their classes in a fun environment that doesn't involve solo grinding all day. I've seen quite a few people I know come back to play RO, but they got bored, because partying sucks and soloing is boring. Bring the community aspect back in, at least for part of the road to 150 (while partying is still being tweaked).

That way instead of having an undead dungeon for ABs to solo in, they could party like they're supposed to.

A VIP dungeon with undeads for 121+ ABs to solo in would be something nice to add in, too.

Edited by Sapphic, 08 June 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#22 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

Good one, you got my support on this. +1
Too bad i'm not VIP =(

#23 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

I agree with Sera. Make it something relevant to the players that aren't making new characters. >.>

#24 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

I think a permanent turn in only VIP dungeon would be nice for levels 99-120 only. It'd be good for people to party, get their leveling skills, and overall learn their classes in a fun environment that doesn't involve solo grinding all day. I've seen quite a few people I know come back to play RO, but they got bored, because partying sucks and soloing is boring. Bring the community aspect back in, at least for part of the road to 150 (while partying is still being tweaked).

That way instead of having an undead dungeon for ABs to solo in, they could party like they're supposed to.

A VIP dungeon with undeads for 121+ ABs to solo in would be something nice to add in, too.

That would be cool, too. So long as you could choose to get all base or all job on the turn ins... that way Bishops(and whoever else, really) could get max Sacrament off turn ins if they really wanted to. Although, that would take forever... I was like, almost 130(?) when I maxed Sacrament...

It would be cool if they made the VIP dungeon have a turn in quest for each floor, though. I never thought about that before. Not one to get you to base 150, of course, but at least to help out with the ridiculous job EXP needed to get to job 50 as 3rd class...

#25 Arks

Arks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

With this and a ME Cast time reduced in a bit will be awesome, and prolly i should go back to my ab... tired of hindsight in id =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users