Question about hexing a client. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about hexing a client.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#26 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

I heard permanent "release" is a good hex as well... can I have that one too Heim?

#27 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

A better question to be asked by us is:

What is it you want the client to do that it doesn't that makes you feel the need to modify the client?

Aside from cheating to make this work in bad ways, what are the "neutral" things like mini-maps or changing a skill effect appearance and such?

I'd rather add in or make adjustments so those reasonable changes come in the box so people don't feel they need to modify.

map names in warp portal / party window
"Sograt Desert" vs "[moc_fild01] Sograt Desert"

#28 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

What is it you want the client to do that it doesn't that makes you feel the need to modify the client?

Aside from cheating to make this work in bad ways, what are the "neutral" things like mini-maps or changing a skill effect appearance and such?

I'd rather add in or make adjustments so those reasonable changes come in the box so people don't feel they need to modify.

Please make it so we can Zoom out further than the default allowed amount in Cursed Abbey. It's annoying to have to see things so close up and not being able to see monsters that are a few cells ahead of you.

#29 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

Please make it so we can Zoom out further than the default allowed amount in Cursed Abbey. It's annoying to have to see things so close up and not being able to see monsters that are a few cells ahead of you.

Can we just have a somewhat larger zoom out zone overall? I become paranoid in dangerous places. Especially when I can hear them and not see them.

#30 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

what i want is: (i know most of these have been said)
the ability to zoom out a little more
mini maps in guild castles
a icon on the right side of the screen for reflect damage

#31 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

Instead of a further zoom, just make it so you can spin the camera around everywhere. It's an easy fix in the grf and makes places like NI so much less annoying to level in. Makes places like the BG lobby easier to navigate as well.

#32 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

A lot of the requests (zoom, icon for reflect damage, hallucination, screenshot quality) cannot be done by modifying the GRF.

My suggestion;
Backgrounds on the in-inventory sprite of items.

Quest Items = Purple Background
Crafting/Potting Items = Green Background
Regular OC Loot = Gray Background

So new (and old) players can easily identify items to overcharge quickly, and which ones could possibly be worth something.

Also, you can CTRL+Printscreen to save screens in BMP format instead of JPG. Also you can use a program like Fraps to take screenshots in any format, and without the 2-3 second lag spike caused by saving the image.

#33 DeadlySinner

DeadlySinner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

That nasty aspd hack was a simple grf change, this is definitely something that should be kept very illegal D:

You seem to know a lot of different hacks. Maybe you should report them? Unless you of course are abusing them?

I heard permanent "release" is a good hex as well... can I have that one too Heim?

I think you can have a timeout and stop being so interested in illegal activities. If you are that bad of a player that you can't move your window inside of a castle to target things easier (a player between a barricade during 2.0 Siege), then maybe you shouldn't siege.

#34 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

You seem to know a lot of different hacks. Maybe you should report them? Unless you of course are abusing them?

You can know of them and how they work, but still choose to not use them.

I often report bugs, exploits and hacks to Heim and the GM team. Does not mean I use them.

#35 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

See party members' SP bar.

#36 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

With how much they have been abused, I'm near positive Gravity knows about them, but they're near impossible to fix without reworking a -lot- of how things work in the game.

The only reason it's not a problem is because few people know how to do it and it's incredibly obvious when someone is using it.

Edited by Akihiro, 07 June 2011 - 12:14 AM.

#37 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

I would like to see people banned for blatantly violating/editing the game to get massive advantages over others, and then proceeding to boast about it by posting videos of it on the internet for all to see. It sends quite a bad message otherwise.

To address Heims post though, increasing the max zoom would be great. It doesnt actually need to be much bigger since i think its only 3-4 cells further out that monsters/etc are "visible". I mean you can skew to angle to see them (ctrl+shift+move mouse) but thats impractical. Also the hallucination effect as mentioned. It KILLS modern computers/graphics cards. The wavey screen thing would be fine if it didnt lag to a standstill.

Oh and also removing the rediculous fixed camera angles in cursed abbey. I know it makes it look a bit better with the angles and such but its horrible to try leveling "indoors", a big reason why i've never gone back to that map lol. Its fine for things like non-mob entrance maps like Juperous or thantos tower (actually its a bit annoying there needing to re-zoom/angle in Jup_01) but eh.

Why do those dungeon maps (and TT entrance map) save their weird view angles and buildings etc dont?

Edited by Hrothmund, 07 June 2011 - 12:21 AM.

#38 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

Oh and also removing the rediculous fixed camera angles in cursed abbey. I know it makes it look a bit better with the angles and such but its horrible to try leveling "indoors", a big reason why i've never gone back to that map lol. Its fine for things like non-mob entrance maps like Juperous or thantos tower (actually its a bit annoying there needing to re-zoom/angle in Jup_01) but eh.

I'm curious as to whether or not they would actually change the abbey camera considering that the map was specifically made to have that camera angle. If you do take it off, you'll notice that textures are missing on certain walls and it looks like a very unfinished map.

Edited by Akihiro, 07 June 2011 - 12:23 AM.

#39 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:28 AM

oh. well thats pretty lazy lol. I understand with the zoom thing it'll result in more "black space" which looks a bit fugly, but thats on a large amount of maps anyway. theres actually not many that have "scenery" more than a few cells beyond the map edge.

#40 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:30 AM

Looks more simple convience than massive advantage to me. It'd be nice to have a mini-map while in a castle but I'm pretty sure they've disabled them for a reason.

#41 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

oh. well thats pretty lazy lol. I understand with the zoom thing it'll result in more "black space" which looks a bit fugly, but thats on a large amount of maps anyway. theres actually not many that have "scenery" more than a few cells beyond the map edge.

Well no not that, I mean textures are straight up missing from the other sides of a wall. For example look at the closest wall to you in your room. Now, imagine if you could move your view to the other side of the wall. There won't be a texture there, and you'll see right through it.

#42 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

No matter what changes you add, there will always be people changing, editing more and cheating for advantages.
I'm a bit worried that you try to find reasons for their cheating instead of raising your finger and say "My beloved Ragnarokians, this is illegal".

I mean it's nice that you wonder what to change to improve the game, but no changes will stop cheaters (they don't care, they even fraps it and put it on youtube lol!)

#43 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

because they know they can get away with it? who knows what other tricks and cheats they know.

Edited by Hulk, 07 June 2011 - 12:41 AM.

#44 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:07 AM

cheat 2 win gotta love it, and then complain about other people thats cheating /shy and point fingers at other people, saying they are cheating but them self are cheating, either way i guess they are cheating @_@

#45 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

I should probably stop using RCX then.

#46 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:41 AM

iirc, heim changed his mind when he learned that RCX has a bot like function called "GROUPER" which you can use to automatically buff party members and such. if you are cheating to gain advantage to other players. you're just cheating yourself. people play with what the game has given them not by modifying things to make it easier for oneself. LRN2PLAYFAIR.

#47 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

All the 'normal' functions/options that RCX gives. Also slightly more zoom would be nice.

Edited by lainee, 07 June 2011 - 02:20 AM.

#48 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:42 AM

Uh. I can address this one! It was a modification made to RCX to provide the overlay on minimaps.

Not really bannable. We just managed to get it running sooner than you guys did on renewal. Had to turn most of the stuff off though since it wasn't working. Thanks though. =)

RCX != cheating :D :D

Edited by Lambor, 07 June 2011 - 03:43 AM.

#49 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:55 AM

Uh. I can address this one! It was a modification made to RCX to provide the overlay on minimaps.

Not really bannable. We just managed to get it running sooner than you guys did on renewal. Had to turn most of the stuff off though since it wasn't working. Thanks though. =)

RCX != cheating :D :D

There we go again...

RCX RCX RCX RCX

You realize that GM only turn a blind eye against it if they do not know that you are using it. They will ban you if they know that you are using it.
i.e. submit a screen shot with RCX running.

It has been posted countless time. The main reason for this is because of the groupie function the program has. It clearly is a modification to the client that clearly give you an edge.
Enough said.

Edit: Early morning can't type!

Edited by brokenguy, 07 June 2011 - 04:27 AM.

#50 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:02 AM

cheaters gotta cheat @_@, i bet ham was using RCX to join chat! is to bad he found out sooner be4 u do lamb @____@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users