Question about hexing a client. - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about hexing a client.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#101 HazyDawn

HazyDawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

http://ropd.info/?account=386366

try lying harder next time, baddie

#102 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

Ok so Game Masters dont ban these people for hexing/cheating but they ban botters and zeny buyers? Brb gonna do all of it on someone else's account under a different IP and see what happens. In fact, brb, gonna duplictate zeny and see what happens.

Don't you already bot anyways?

Lemme fix this for you:

I'm just gonna keep doin my thing.

#103 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Uh. I can address this one! It was a modification made to RCX to provide the overlay on minimaps.

Not really bannable. We just managed to get it running sooner than you guys did on renewal. Had to turn most of the stuff off though since it wasn't working. Thanks though. =)

RCX != cheating :D :D

afaik, even when RCX was allowed for general use, that came with the stipulation that you weren't supposed to be altering it in anyway except via the config file. So your mythical modified RCX would be cheating...

#104 Nick221cen

Nick221cen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

YES ALL TWO OF US THAT STILL PLAY!!!

Edit- you still haven't told me what you have against Tor.

Do i make three????

#105 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

The "cheat" here isn't a cheat. It's RCX =) I've made that known.

how do you modify rcx to do that?

I'd also like to hear about the investigation on Tor, god item creation exploiter extraordinair.

Yes please. I'd really like the gms to already post that Tor is legit, so all the drama stops.

In addition, I'd like to file a complaint against several LKs in Eternal Asura pre-renewal. I have the FRAPS at home showing them using the nodelay edits to their clients. This is the same guild that Susan_H was in.

Srsly? EA drama after 8 month of the disbanding of EA? Isn't this thread about the proof of Afrikan cheating on your account?

Guess you just picked #4:

Solution to cheating... Cheat and pick 1-4 of the following answers:
[list]
[*]I didn't know about it, it was XY on my account
[*]Everybody does it
[*]In my opinion it's not even bad
[*]Others cheat even more which makes it okay

Also:

They will claim that those "cheaters" were kicked from their guild immediately. Well, Afrikan is coincidently no longer WoEing for us either.

I will claim that this kick happened because it did. But i don't give a damn if you believe me or not, as EA doesn't exist anymore anyway, and i wasn't involved when that "delay cheat" happened anyway, so the personal reference is useless there. I however do remember the rage of akoiki (remember her?) and her ultimate punishment towards the people who did these cheats. But, repeating myself, i don't give a damn about EAs reputation or false accusations anymore, as EA is dead.

Well, Afrikan is coincidently no longer WoEing for us either.

oh and that's great to hear you stopped him from cheating on your account after all that time :D

Rattled_H

Seriously? This is fun but i'm usually not a person who would troll others personally, so i'm just going to comment this with a "lol".
Wait i actually give you that, as i used the word sacrifical lamb in my last post :D

Edited by Susan, 07 June 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#106 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

It wasn't altered. You just...work with it. Kind of difficult to explain. Imagine doing a RCX for a RCX. RCXeption. RCX doesn't change anything that's ingame, so I'm not changing anything that's in RCX.

Thus, not cheating.

#107 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Too many people to respond to. I can't even keep up with all of these noobs. It feels like their WoE strategy. Zerg.

#108 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Do i make three????

I think you were number two rofl

#109 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

Susan_H is one of the first people to recieve the maya purple hack in 2007.

Lambor modifies GRF's and recieved these from an asian guildmate and uses them to this day.

You're both insignificant unskilled garbage.

Edited by veteran2003, 07 June 2011 - 10:47 AM.

#110 Nick221cen

Nick221cen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

I think you were number two rofl

Doh!!!

#111 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Too many people to respond to. I can't even keep up with all of these noobs. It feels like their WoE strategy. Zerg.

This made me laugh for about 2 minutes.

#112 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

lets stay on the topic. someone needs to punished for such doings. and you probably know if you cheat and get caught you have to pay the consequences. everyone is responsible for their account. if you let someone play your account and he does something you shouldnt be doing to it you are responsible for their actions. if we let these people get away from doing these might aswell make it legal to edit the client by our own means, use bots and packet injections, etc. so its fair to everyone playing. if you're not going to ban people from doing these then more and more people will do it coz they know "meh the GM's wont ban us so lets cheat!" where's the iron hand?? rules are rules no bending it.

Edited by Hulk, 07 June 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#113 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

You sir are ruining our entertainment with too much seriousness

#114 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

#115 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

oh and that's great to hear you stopped him from cheating on your account after all that time :D

I suppose that's all I can do, right? Worked for EA in the past. Should work here too. Doddler didn't get banned, so I guess it's ok by example there as well!

This whole thread is about an attempt to counter my apparent "false" image of a legit guild. Seals were stolen and now nobody makes WoE 1s except for the guilds in our alliance. Not as successful anymore, are we? That can't be proven though. Maybe you guys just got discouraged about them cracking down on cheater...I mean...people who are exceptionally good at "yoink"ing.

Tor's RMT will be made public in the event that the GMs come back as him being legit at God item creation. It's always good to have a trump card. You guys will learn that.

#116 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

Its kinda hard to roll seals when you decide to not take a 1.0 with the 10 people you have on woe for a sat.

Edit--- I mean we zerg a 2.0 and then sit with our 4832904329 people against their 3 then decide to never make another god item because we are too illegit.

Edited by Ardi, 07 June 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#117 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

As far as i know hexing a client in anyway is illegal and is a bannable offense as stated here in their terms and agreements "(L) Modify any files that Gravity does not specifically authorize User to modify. Use of material, which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder, is prohibited, and will result in the termination of the User's usership and possible civil and/or criminal liability.". Either in benefitting for your own and in some other way. there is a video that showed a client thats been hexed or modified for their own use and means. they added a mini map and changed the sprite of barricades to make it look smaller and just show the head of the barricade removing the body. who knows what they can do to gain advantage to other players. i dont know if this is legal or not. who knows they may share it with people and do things the game doesnt allow you to. its up to the GM's to take a look and decide. here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zySjT6AEJWA&feature=player_embedded#at=303

The Terms of Service says it is a bannable offense, therefor they should be banned. End of story.

#118 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

Heim already made it a point that he's pushing to ban people who were on the accounts and not necessarily the account owners. So I agree. Ban him. Oh wait. He's already banned.

End of story! Noob.

#119 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Cheating with a minimap in woe? Lord, WHY?! By the time you care about WoE, you should have memorized the castles. It's not hard... IMO, the lack of minimap in castles is a good thing... Being able to find your way around a castle is part of WoE skill.

On topic of Heim asking what should be changed to remove the impetus for modding client? Remove the camera angle restriction in Nameless. It's a place people spend alot of time, and I always got motion sick there (as did some others, I know someone who actually threw up after a bee run, due to the nasty camera angle). Sure, it doesn't look as professional with the angle unlocked on those maps, because there are no textures on the north side of things, but NL camera angle is agonizing to play in, it's just not reasonable to expect players to not edit that if they're leveling in nameless.

Edited by DrAzzy, 07 June 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#120 HazyDawn

HazyDawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Hello, ladies, look at Lambador. Now back to me, now back at Lambador, now back to me. Sadly he isn't me, but if he stopped cheating at a dead game he could see that everyone's laughing at what a bad player he is.

Look down, back up. Where are you? You are on a forum, with Lambador still trying to say cheating isn't cheating. What's that in your hand, back at me, I have it, it'?s an ebay receipt for Adrian's account, 2/3s of animosity's first meg, and 1/2 of zayah's remade mjolnir, now look again, the ebay receipt is a video of animosity players still cheating.

Being a legit player is possible when you don't subscribe to animosity cheating. I'm on a Hydrolancer.

Edited by HazyDawn, 07 June 2011 - 10:59 AM.

#121 SethTheSecond

SethTheSecond

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHovering in my seat

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

Hello, ladies, look at Lambador. Now back to me, now back at Lambador, now back to me. Sadly he isn't me, but if he stopped cheating at a dead game he could see that everyone's laughing at what a bad player he is.

Look down, back up. Where are you? You are on a forum, with Lambador still trying to say cheating isn't cheating. What's that in your hand, back at me, I have it, it'?s an ebay receipt for Adrian's account, 2/3s of animosity's first meg, and 1/2 of zayah's remade mjolnir, now look again, the ebay receipt is a video of animosity players still cheating.

Being a legit player is possible when you don't subscribe to animosity cheating. I'm on a Hydrolancer.

oh god old spice reference.

marry me.

#122 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Topic aside, that post is full of win.

#123 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

Who's Trollin? Yous all trollin'.

Thread closed, if you have a problem with someone's guild please take away their castle, that'll show em.

Here is the statement: Don't modify the GRF, don't modify the EXE. Don't modify the data traffic (packets).

If I take all statements in this thread as truth it would certainly open up some space at the "top" of the woe ladder wouldn't it. Don't cast aspersions without proof, don't start rumors unless you yourself are perfect.

Thread closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users