Emporia Wars Mechanic Issues Pt. 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Emporia Wars Mechanic Issues Pt. 2

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

After further discussion with Gravity Games, a few of the adopted options that we presented were accepted. It is not certain that all of these options will happen, however, they are likely to appear.

Emporia Wars Potential Changes:

1. Reduction of points received from Missions.
2. Cooldown time increased on Island Movement (Tab + F1-F5)
3. Debuffs on a character will prevent them from changing islands.
4. For the 1 Star and 2 Star castles, the Guardian Dragon HP will be increased.

#2 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

Thanks!

#3 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

Yes Thank You! And what about the relogging problem?

#4 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

That is partially addressed within the reduction of the Missions. It is to promote more fighting/combat.

#5 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

Awesome news, thanks WP!

#6 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

This should turn out to be a much more enjoyeable Emporia!

#7 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

When will these changes occur? (approximately?)

Tbh, I think the ew leaderboard should be reset (along with whoever has the castles) if these changes are going to be implemented. This way a fair fight can be had with all guilds with these new changes. If the castle holders are left as is...there is a possibility that they will FOREVER hold those castles assuming the changes have an big enough impact.

Some comments:
With all due respect Aramis, this won't do MUCH to promote combat. At this point of the game, the only guilds fighting for the castle are stacked with people who simply cannot die. So deaths are a super rare thing. What might help is if you award points for each hit you make on an enemy...something miniscule like .1 pt LOL

-edit- Actually scratch that idea...that would make aas too op :D

What about the points needed for Dragon Defense team to win? As of now, I believe it is 3000 points... I don't remember how many points you get for killing someone but I know its a VERY small amount. Getting 1k+ kills is a bit unrealistic. Unless the dragon hp was increased substantially, I feel more changes should be made to dragon defense. Either lowering the amount of points needed to win or increasing the amount of points per kill. If this isn't done, the only way to win is basically tower defense using the dragon as core to stay alive for 20 minutes.. :D

Edited by Faithx, 07 June 2011 - 11:01 AM.

#8 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

How about the missions themselves? I believe they need a HUGE revamp. For one there is a "unknown" mission. For two like Faithx said, killing is next to near impossible now with the use of hp pots, eternity pots, +20ing all gear for high def. To be honest missions should be scratched all together. Finding a certain class is almost impossible when the entire guild is mages and paladins.

I also second an entire reset of the boards when these changes take effect!

Edited by Meganekko, 07 June 2011 - 11:23 AM.

#9 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

Dragon defense should be PVE hp again.

#10 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

How about the missions themselves? I believe they need a HUGE revamp. For one there is a "unknown" mission. For two like Faithx said, killing is next to near impossible now with the use of hp pots, eternity pots, +20ing all gear for high def, and changing dragons/cores every time they get hit with an attack. To be honest missions should be scratched all together. Finding a certain class is almost impossible when the entire guild is mages and paladins.

I also second an entire reset of the boards when these changes take effect!

don't forget !

#11 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

I know defending the Dragon needs some changes but look at these 2 guilds, they somehow got the points @_@
http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=70233
http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=70663

#12 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

I know defending the Dragon needs some changes but look at these 2 guilds, they somehow got the points @_@
http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=70233
http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=70663

lol...that almost..never happens on our server. >.> From the ss, it almost looks as if it was a stacked guild vs an unstacked guild, but I wasn't there so I wouldn't know.

Edited by Faithx, 07 June 2011 - 12:06 PM.

#13 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

By the looks of the kills and deaths, they'd have to be far more stacked than the opposing guild

#14 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

By the looks of the kills and deaths, they'd have to be far more stacked than the opposing guild

That's what it looks like to me too. And from the ss, they're not even using +20 weapons. I see mostly red and sparkly glows lol. Again, this would never happen in our server seeing as how our stacked players are split into 3 guilds. Only way a successful defense would work is if all the stacked players united in one guild

vs.
Immprov or something :D

(which would probably never happen)

Edited by Faithx, 07 June 2011 - 12:18 PM.

#15 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

hmm i couldve sworn our pt system was different..looking for a ss :D

Oh I have no clue how the point system works there, that could be it though.xD

#16 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

Just as Jenny has already stated. All I see are 16-19 glows and some 10-15 glows. I believe our server is probably one of the most servers with +20s (just a guess), so that wont be happening until HP of dragon is beefed and even then kills are hard with all the switching of islands, relogs, and use of pots. If the war is 30 minutes that means you get 10 missions tops (not including relogs). Now factor in "unknown" missions, and "kill" misisons. fp

Edited by Meganekko, 07 June 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#17 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

tbh 2 star dragon just needs a massive regen boost. 5khp/sec doesn't do anything. now if it was 40k or somethin'

#18 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

If someone can get a screenshot of the unknown mission, please send that over. There will be less "island" hopping since it cannot be done while someone is debuffed, such as being frozen, stunned, or etc...

#19 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

I've already sent in a ticket weeks ago about the unknown mission...the reply was "This will be looked into by the correct department" or something...

Posted Image

#20 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

After further discussion with Gravity Games, a few of the adopted options that we presented were accepted. It is not certain that all of these options will happen, however, they are likely to appear.

Emporia Wars Potential Changes:

2. Cooldown time increased on Island Movement (Tab + F1-F5)
3. Debuffs on a character will prevent them from changing islands.

In my opinion, these changes are not enough to make a fair EW battle. I'll point out the problems:

• Even if the points are reduced from missions, with the measly amount of points that you obtain for getting a kill and how difficult it is to kill anyone in EW against the top guilds, people are still going to relog because it would still provide them with faster points than trying to kill someone.
  • Debuffs to prevent changing islands is not practical. Some skills such as sword dance put the opponent in a position where they cannot get out, yet they are not debuffed as of that time, which would enable them to get out.
  • I'm not sure how much the guardian dragon's HP will be increased by, but a 100% increase seems like a fair enough amount. Alternatively, the amount of points required to win the defense should be substantially lowered. It is already extremely difficult to score a kill and I don't see why this amount should be so high.
I propose my original idea where changing islands would make your team lose points, thus making it only available for a strategic change. This would, of course, be in addition to not letting people swap islands if they're getting locked or something. In addition, there is a necessity to make it so that logging off or disconnecting will make your guild lose points equal to the highest value possible from an easy to complete mission.

Edited by Yurai, 08 June 2011 - 11:45 AM.

#21 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

It's good and all that the changes were given but......

*Perhaps a time limit if one disconnects/relogs before they can enter EW again? For example, if one were to log off and log back on they will have 30 seconds before they can enter EW again.

OR

*Perhaps a time limit to when missions start- 1 minute after one enters EW they receive a mission?

#22 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

make it so if you log out you have a 5 minute cooldown before you get a mission :D

#23 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

make it so if you log out you have a 5 minute cooldown before you get a mission :D

best idea.

#24 Bullie

Bullie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

Just have it so the system registers your name and remembers your special mission whether you're logged in or not. Like how when you use an exp pot you can log out --the exp pot is paused-- then log back in and it continues. So when you relog you'll have the same mission with the same timer..

#25 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

There will be less "island" hopping since it cannot be done while someone is debuffed, such as being frozen, stunned, or etc...

Can you add while taking damage too? Most of the time getting debuff isn't the cause for switching island; it's taking the damage and being locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users