2nd seal alwats released - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

2nd seal alwats released

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 JimKipo

JimKipo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

wouldn't it be better if the seal reseter worked only on ppl who have done all 4 seals??
really now,ppl lvl off the 2nd seal only and reset after it and its constantly released...i can't be on 24/7
to watch when it will appear,and be forced to do it in 2,6 secs...
is my request that unreasonable??...waiting for ur comments pls
(i'd like to know if it only bothers me in order to stop complaining if it's only me >.<)

#2 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

Are you on Ymir or Valk? Idk how long it stays open on Valk, but on Ymir you basically need to be on because it gets released in 30 min.

It does annoy me that people don't do the other seals (especially Sleip), but obviously someone's doing it enough. Having to do all 4 seals is sort of harsh. Guilds normally roll the last two seals themselves when they want to go for a God item.

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

People level only off the second seal because other forms of leveling are either boring/repetitive or too slow. When I was about to reach level 150, I started to think like:

"Well, I could run to bios for another 30 hours, spending about other 100m~ zeny in supplies plus 2k KP in buffs like always... or I could do the second seal two times in 20 minutes".

I ended doing the second seal once and leveled the rest normally because taking a 150ing screenshot from the second seal quest would have been supersad =x.

If there were several quest to level, partying was working, and fun and hard and rewarding instances existed, I don't think people would repeat seal 2 as much. Also, if renewal woe didn't require you to at least be 150. The level based status resistance idea is ridiculous.

#4 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:48 AM

Requiring that all 4 seals be completed on each character before you can reset is a little excessive. That's for sure. Being in a guild that pushes the seals pretty regularly, our strategy involves doing each seal quest on different characters. Then, when it's time to push Seal 3 and 4, we're able to do Seal 3, character select, Seal 4. It just makes things a little quicker. That's all.

A cooldown on the Seal 2 turnin might not be a bad idea though. Only let a character turn it in (and receive experience) maybe...twice a week? Leveling off of it like that was probably unintended.

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

Not "having to make all seals to reset".

But putting a delay of one week for reseting would be someway nice. So 100 different people could make the quest.

They can even put a option to use 3 reset stones to reset status of the whole account [for VIPs only o:]

You need 10000 biolabs 3 monsters to reach level 149-150. This is too much D:

Anyways. They said they would remake the exp from each monster... I just hope it makes challenging, but less boring. [I did not said [i]easier[/i], I said less boring :D]

Okay, they want to make tons of profit from reset stones... But I'm not sure. Most people buy reset stones from playspan, not warpportal.

And yes, leveling by repeating this quest over and over is boring as hell. But leveling by "playing the game" is worse. I love to play the game, but this way is horrible.

#6 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

If they want to have us buy from them and not PlaySpan, they should make the Kafra Shop reset stones tradeable! :D :D

#7 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

People level only off the second seal because other forms of leveling are either boring/repetitive or too slow. When I was about to reach level 150, I started to think like:

"Well, I could run to bios for another 30 hours, spending about other 100m~ zeny in supplies plus 2k KP in buffs like always... or I could do the second seal two times in 20 minutes".

Some classes levels for 0 zeny and it is ridiculous how the 2nd seal is being farmed for 'easy exp'. I just woke up, checked my merchant and the 2nd seal closed after 4 people announced they need a party. Now I'll have to use a reset stone and forget about the 2nd seal.

#8 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

Even requiring two or three of the seals to be done per character before reset is allowed would greatly slow down seal 2 giving more people to have a chance at it. I believe Ymir only requires half the people to close compared to Valk. So the people on Valk complaining it closes fast, the situation on Ymir is much worse.

#9 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Just add a cooldown on how frequently you can do Seal 2. Easiest fix.

#10 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

Yeah seal 2 opened at 1 am pst last night on valk right as i was about to go to sleep. I did not run seal 2 just because it was so damn late for that even more repetitious than lvling crap.

Seal 2 is not the answer to the leveling problems people are having. It needs to have some sort of restriction put upon it. It needs not a race against the clock so i can finish the seal without it closing just in case a real life issue comes up while i'm running it. I think a 1 time limit per seal roll is fair.

#11 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

On the topic of seal2, I've seen some people walk into the Pront Library then immediately walk out and continuing the seal quest. Some illegal activity there maybe? Seems like people are able to skip some of the more lengthy NPCs.

#12 naseefc

naseefc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

I don't see them adding a cooldown to it, it's saying no to free money (reset stones). Why complain about it anyway? It really isn't that hard to be on at the right time, just figure out the possibly time frame it will pop and try to be on at that time. I have made probably 4/5 seals that way, really isn't so hard, it's competitive sure, but if there was no competition you might as well go play a single player game.

#13 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

On the topic of seal2, I've seen some people walk into the Pront Library then immediately walk out and continuing the seal quest. Some illegal activity there maybe? Seems like people are able to skip some of the more lengthy NPCs.

It takes like 30 seconds or less to complete that npc. If you see someone enter and walk out, then you are watching the slow people, not the fast ones. Fast people use butterfly wings, not walk.

#14 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

add a niff bwing in the kafra shop and a lot of ppl will buy it

#15 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

iRo community has a habit if farming/abusing things for fast experience. I won't blame them for this though, leveling has become tedious without events specially for bishops. This is a form of expensive leveling and a race against time, my bishop liking it since its the only best way to level him for now.

#16 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

it's competitive sure, but if there was no competition you might as well go play a single player game.

Isn't that what we are basically already doing since renewal was added anyway.
There is barely any partying because solo leveling is more efficient, and for some reason they just don't feel the need to rework the partying system much at all.

Edited by Flower, 08 June 2011 - 11:10 AM.

#17 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

I think adding a reasonable cooldown to the seal resetting would probably be the best (and easiest) solution. Doing so before it becomes another 'crazy thing iRO does to avoid levelling normally' might be a good idea.

Edited by morphine, 08 June 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#18 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

Cooldown? Then everyone starts cycling among different characters/accounts and nothing changes.

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

It's only 5.4mil exp. A lot of players can get that buy abusing their almighty items in less than 30 mins, people should just be thankful to get the chance to boost their exp sometimes then have to pay a reset stone to do it again.

#20 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

if you make it so only reset while all 4 seals are counted would be a better option because this would force some ppl to do the other quest.This is not going to affect me because I can already run seal of megingjard 2 times without wasting reset stones only on seal 2.

#21 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

a more reasonable and logical fix would be requiring all 4 seals to be completed in order to use reset stones on seal quests

this would also directly increase pushing of seals constantly

#22 UnspunReality

UnspunReality

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

I think we've hit the end of the god item's rush. No one else has a god item to make. So no more reason to break seals fast.

#23 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

It's only 5.4mil exp. A lot of players can get that buy abusing their almighty items in less than 30 mins, people should just be thankful to get the chance to boost their exp sometimes then have to pay a reset stone to do it again.

3xbm + vip = 16,200,000
get ~4 done thats quite a bit of exp

#24 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

I think we've hit the end of the god item's rush. No one else has a god item to make. So no more reason to break seals fast.

What server you playing on? Must be a troll. I'll feed it.

Posted Image

#25 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

a more reasonable and logical fix would be requiring all 4 seals to be completed in order to use reset stones on seal quests

this would also directly increase pushing of seals constantly

Deadlock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users