Green Ales drop rate - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Green Ales drop rate

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

I finally made my ST patrick hat+7 and i was like "i will make my own woe supplies!! huray!(only if i do woe...) XS" then i was for a about 1 hour hunting huuuuuuuuuuuuge number of monsters at 2 places: ant hell and payon dungeon: how many green miracles i got?????? 3.... only 3 even i got 7 opbs from my old cubic nile roses O,O

Its my sorc level 148 that affects the drop rate? or it dont worth my 4 st patrick brokeds for my +7??? becouse each hat have a value of 2m and each 10 enricheds are also with a value of 2m.

main question: whats the green ales drop rate????????????????????????? my class and level affect the drop rate right now?(drop penalty its supossed to be off) AND other item award gears(like the old cubic nile roses) affects my ale drop rate?

#2 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

It's very low. Should have done your research before upgrading it.

#3 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

I upgraded mine and get about 3 ales for every 20 blank cards. That would suggest about 0.3% drop rate, but that's also a pretty small sample size to make those assumptions.

I'm happy with my investment either way, but it is at a pretty low rate. A little bit higher of a drop rate would make them a little more reasonable for farming-- perhaps 1% if increased to +8? I don't know if it's too late to change that about the hat, but it would be my suggestion to the GM's. As it is, most people find it not worthwhile to purchase the materials to upgrade them.

Edited by Renaldoo, 08 June 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#4 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

I upgraded mine and get about 3 ales for every 20 blank cards. That would suggest about 0.3% drop rate, but that's also a pretty small sample size to make those assumptions.

I'm happy with my investment either way, but it is at a pretty low rate. A little bit higher of a drop rate would make them a little more reasonable for farming-- perhaps 1% if increased to +8? I don't know if it's too late to change that about the hat, but it would be my suggestion to the GM's. As it is, most people find it not worthwhile to purchase the materials to upgrade them.

Well actually this kind of items make me wonder if GM's really hate the "fair" players, i actually have a +7 St. Patric hat and the drop rate is just ridiculous low, do GM's made those items for bot? The drop rate should be 1% or maybe more, mobing doesnt even help, the drop rate is just horrible.

I would love to see that change, so i can hunt my ales for supplies spending my time in a fair way, instead of buying boted ones.

Edited by FiskBlack, 08 June 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#5 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

Renaldo's rates are similar to mine. I noticed about 3 ales for 15-20 Blank Cards. I'll wear the hat while I'm farming bomb supplies but... It's not something I'd use outside those situations.

#6 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:39 AM

Its not something to use while leveling, more something to combine with mystcase/mimic/plasma/spare card.

It does act as a barrier to increasing ale prices in the market, so be thankful of that if your a consumer.

#7 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:21 AM

Last time I heard we have too many green ale in woe :ani_meow:

#8 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:13 AM

...after using The Ale hat* for for 3 day.. I went back using +9 Christmas Tree Hat where i usually get 1 or 2 cookies per mob....

Edited by Dukeares, 09 June 2011 - 04:14 AM.

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:35 AM

I finally made my ST patrick hat+7 and i was like "i will make my own woe supplies!! huray!(only if i do woe...) XS"

Well there is your problem, green ale isn't designed to be a fat stack of woe supplies.

#10 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:39 AM

Green ale is a very strong restorative item. If the chance was higher, the current situation of never dying while potting ales would stay forever...

#11 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

Its not something to use while leveling, more something to combine with mystcase/mimic/plasma/spare card.

It does act as a barrier to increasing ale prices in the market, so be thankful of that if your a consumer.

Actually, if you are in the 10x borderline, you can use it while leveling [Magma 2].

You might be able to get 100k [or even more] for each ale in some few time, so continue using the hat, just to make sure they will drop someday, and you might get zeny to buy 10+ condensed potions per ale, to go to the WOE, or just to level.

#12 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:32 AM

Green ale is a very strong restorative item. If the chance was higher, the current situation of never dying while potting ales would stay forever...

They let you get 20 blank cards to 3 green ales lol. Blank cards can be used to gain exp and get equips. They also sale for around 40k - 60k each. Really seems like they should buff the +7 St Patrick hat a bit or raise it to spare card rate at least. Ales just give you hp/sp. Maybe scale it per upgrade past +7. I kind of feel ripped off with mine as well. I made it as soon as it came out so I didn't know it had a really low drop rate. I think it took me 5 hats to get one to +7.

#13 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

Ales turn woe and pvm into a one-hit-KO or nothing experience. They are fine as a limited for fun item, but ales existing as an everyday consumable is just too broken. They are not comparable to blank cards, where the best you can get is a bit of exp, or a weapon after some thousands of blank cards.

This year the ale event went too far even, and we haven't recovered from all the ale overflood. As cool as it might be to have a superlight item that under a second allows you to fully recover, an item like that prevents balance now, and even balance in the future. It might be different if ales recovered a large amount of HP/SP, like +5000HP/+1000SP. But recovering "half" of your HP/SP, they turn into potions that can heal 20k HP and more.

#14 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

ale prices are slowly going up as time goes by and there are less of them

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

Ales turn woe and pvm into a one-hit-KO or nothing experience. They are fine as a limited for fun item, but ales existing as an everyday consumable is just too broken. They are not comparable to blank cards, where the best you can get is a bit of exp, or a weapon after some thousands of blank cards.

This year the ale event went too far even, and we haven't recovered from all the ale overflood. As cool as it might be to have a superlight item that under a second allows you to fully recover, an item like that prevents balance now, and even balance in the future. It might be different if ales recovered a large amount of HP/SP, like +5000HP/+1000SP. But recovering "half" of your HP/SP, they turn into potions that can heal 20k HP and more.

Would be interesting if they could do something like 500 * (Lvl/10) HP restored and 100 * (Lv/10). Would be similar to 50% of your HP/SP up to 99 for anything but swordie-types, then become weaker by 150 where you're only healing 7500 HP out of 40k max.

#16 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

The real stupid thing is they weight 3! even ygg seeds have a weight of 30 so you can't carry that much of them, 3 weight is really dumb for such a powerful restorative.

#17 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

Ales really are too strong. Its like ragnarok drugs. Once you start you don't want to stop. Everything is easier on ales lol. I leveled from 126 to 140 using them and just recently tried going back to slims. What a pain in the rear it is to use slims. When you are 130+ some classes have 40k hp. It takes 10 - 15 slims to get half hp. Not to mention all the strawberries it takes to get back your SP. Once ales start going away the price of slims will creep back up near 8k again. Strawberries will creep up to 3 - 5k. I'll have to spend 100k zeny for half HP and 50k zeny for half SP. I better start buying these 70k ales while there still out there lol. What a deal.

If they do the ales again next year I know what i'll be doing. :ani_meow:

I was one of the stupid people that didn't store up 30k.

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

My friend made 90k ale over 3 accounts /omg

He sold me like 6k total ales so far and I still have 3k ales left and I use them everywhere. He sold a ton of his and still has ~45k ales left. We pretty much use them in all leveling as it makes tanking just about anything easy, sp infinite, and they are lightweight.

I am going to go out on a limb and say these were a huge mistake to allow to be created en mass, and I doubt raising the drop rate on the st patty's hat by much more than it already is would be a good idea.

#19 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

Ive been trying to get the ale prices to climb. Slowly but surely it is working, but there are still way to many ales on the market to make anything significant. Every day i check the prices and i just keep seeing ppl selling them and in like stacks of thousands still. Its not a rare item anymore and it basically changes everything from pvm to pvp. I also feel that if there are so many on the market maybe they should change. Like there is a 20% chance of cursing or something because if you think of the item its basically drinking beer. If you drink too many you get drunk (curse status).

#20 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

^ its chaos or confused status ! =D

#21 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

The price is just about getting to the point where they are becoming a luxury item. Especially if you are in a guild that can make slims cheap. If they do get up into the 100k -150k price point then I expect people to slow down and go back to slims. People in this game are smart. The market has a way of adjusting. I really think the price is ok now but it is going up a little to fast. Two weeks ago you could get ales for 30k. I got 3k for 50k each last week and they now are up over 70k per average in one week. I wonder if we will see a price correction in the next couple of weeks and maybe the prices will actually drop a bit?

#22 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

they are being used faster than they are gotten from the hat for sure. everyone had an equal oppurtunity to get then this event as the ideal char to farm them was like a lvl 40 bard. if you didnt want to do that, you could have bought thousands of them for 20k each back then and now make more than 2x the profit. there are prob still millions of them out there, thus ales being the ro currency like sojs were for diablo 2 back then

#23 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:34 AM

I finally made my ST patrick hat+7 and i was like "i will make my own woe supplies!! huray!(only if i do woe...) XS" then i was for a about 1 hour hunting huuuuuuuuuuuuge number of monsters at 2 places: ant hell and payon dungeon: how many green miracles i got?????? 3.... only 3 even i got 7 opbs from my old cubic nile roses O,O

Its my sorc level 148 that affects the drop rate? or it dont worth my 4 st patrick brokeds for my +7??? becouse each hat have a value of 2m and each 10 enricheds are also with a value of 2m.

main question: whats the green ales drop rate????????????????????????? my class and level affect the drop rate right now?(drop penalty its supossed to be off) AND other item award gears(like the old cubic nile roses) affects my ale drop rate?

not bad xD

I got 40 Green Ales in 1 hours,and 100 Blanks xD

#24 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

Yes, this year's St. Patrick's event was over-the-top. It's left an enormous pool of green ales on the market (and off the market.) I do imagine they'll tame it down next year, however. However, with the abundance of ales, people consume them without concern. They're being used at a very quick pace-- not enough to endanger the supply, but at a much faster rate than in earlier years. With the low rate on the hat, and the scarcity of people using the hat due to said "low rate", ales are being "brought in" at a nearly invisible rate compared to the rate of consumption. Bumping the drop rate to 0.6% or 1% instead of the presumed .2~.3% would not change this. It might spur further interest in farming the ales, and it would increase the amount gained when farming, I venture to guess that it still would not bring in ales at but 0.2~0.5% of the rate of consumption. (I.E 2-5 ales for every 1000 consumed.)

That figure is speculation, of course, it could be much lower or a little higher. I highly doubt it would be considerably higher than that. Keep in mind also that St. Patty's Hats are no longer obtainable, so there are the +7's that are already made available and whatever portion of unupgraded ones might make it to +7. A bump in the rate is not going to explode the marketplace, and it's not going to be a repeat this year's st. patty's event. If it affects anyone's use of ales in WoE/PVP, it won't be due to an increase in abundance-- it'd be to an assurance that more ales can be gotten if their supply runs out. And that only helps the rate of consumption to wear down some of this surplus.

Toss a valuable commodity into a system, cut off the supply, and people are going to hoard.

#25 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

It is a low rate, and it is very intentional that it is so low. With the +7s you have a chance to get an item that can't normally be gotten, similar to the Spare Card item.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users