#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hello all,

I know the last few weeks have been hectic for everyone with tons of events entering and exiting, and us also working feaverishly on USRC prep and weekly updates. I want to let you know what neat things we have going on now and in the next 6 weeks or so.

1. The Red Pirate Bandana is discontinuing sale on the 16th, but has a "after sale event" going to happen. If you like EXP events check it out.

2. The Yggdrasil crown earned via the Anniversary event is going to have its upgrade effect changed somewhat to be a bonus on how much you are healed for instead of casting spells. This should make it more interesting and thematic.

3. We are going to sell the Yggdrasil Crown as well for 300 pts (for those that don't want to quest)

4. Every character that finishes the Anniversary quest, will get the quest resetted after maintenance, so you can get the rewards and hat again (for upgrading).

5. Turnin events are being planned for 1 week intervals (not 2 weeks) if you miss the event don't worry another Turnin should follow on its heels soon.

6. Party EXP will be enhanced to 20% bonus soon. This means that instead of a 12 person party getting 200% exp/12 people it will be 300%/12 so the exp split at worst is a 4 person party worth, instead of a 6 person split. This should make partying less of a penalty and more of a happy fun time. Further party system enhancements will follow in future quarters.

7. 13.3 El Dicastes will begin testing on Sakray in the next 14 days, and have a July Launch.

8. The suite of skill balances and such that have been discussed regarding kROs patches were delayed from April implementation, but July is the month we and kRO are shooting for implementation. If the WHOLE batch can't be completed by end of July we will split it into updates from Pre-April and Post April. Either way the balancing act will begin in earnest (finally) in a few weeks.

9. Confirmed maintenance time change!
June 16 will be our final scheduled Thursday Maintenance.
June 21st will be our First Tuesday night maintenance!
New maintenance time will be Tuesday Nights 10pm to Wedensday 2am.

Woe Treasure will not exist for Wednesday, this means that each woe is sort of more balanced as it gives 3 days of treasure after each WoE.
This will also give us an opportunity to look at issues that come up on Wednesday and do a maintenance without concern of missing treasure.

10. The proposal for redoing the Job Exp track for 3rd classes is going well, basically you should hit job 50 at lvl 145, instead of job 47 at level 150.
I know this seems like a simple thing to change (it is technically but not authoritatively) My goal is to not just make a change for iRO, but to discuss the reasoning and the goal so that it becomes a renewal default. If it doesn't we may have future delays or reversions with updates, which is bad.

11. Woe God item creation:
part A: We are still investigating the god 1 exploit reports that we have received. We have made changes so that if any such tomfoolery occured that it shouldn't be possible now., but if we concretely discern that impossibilities were done, we will revoke that god item and likely GM push seals.
part B: The revamping of the seal process. This is still a proposal that is being hashed out, it is quite a big change to redo the way god items are made. And while I know it will make the actual creation more competitive it does have a side effect of making a "little guy can almost never win". That is a good and bad scenario as it does make pushing the seals a bigger deal that currently, but no chance of "sneak in and take". This proposal at best would be an end of summer implementation as it is a system level change.

12. OBB and friends updating. Yes we do plan on updating the OBB and OPB after 13.3 is implemented. We will be adding in lots of random stuff, good and bad with it, OPB will be more focused on gear.

13 Future tournaments. We had fun doing the broadcasting for USRC, and a side effect is it made our filming it less an issue. This means we can run such a tournament on a smaller man team setup, which then means more such tournaments are more easy for us to accomplish. I for one would like to do a for fun tournament with USRC setup but using 3rd classes and renewal physics. I know it will be broken, but HOW BROKEN is the question. I hope some people reading this thread read down this far and can make comment on whether they would like to participate in such a tournament (perhaps 16 teams cap).

#2 RichestinIRO

RichestinIRO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

[quote name='Heimdallr' timestamp='1308024637' post='442609']
New maintenance time will be Tuesday Nights 10pm to Wednesday 2am.

hello, may i know the reason for maintenance time change?

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

7. YAY

9. Mmm, I personally liked the Thursday ones, they gave me time to do housework and such. xD

12. Looking forward to it. The list has need updating for a looonggg time. Getting basically the same thing from OBBs as OPBs has always made me confused.

#4 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

New maintenance time will be Tuesday Nights 10pm to Wednesday 2am.

hello, may i know the reason for maintenance time change?

in the live q&a he said it was because less people are on then

but when is the first tuesday maintence?
the 21st or the 28th?

#5 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

in the live q&a he said it was because less people are on then

but when is the first tuesday maintence?
the 21st or the 28th?

21st was my impression.

#6 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Certainly

Our Thursday maintenance was done because all games must share a maintenance time due to billing system restarts and synchronization. We had a few games that required support from overseas on Thursday. So everything migrated to those times.

The problem is that is peak play time for our playerbase. Our peak is 1pm-8pm everyday, and us doing a maintenance right in the middle of it is bad. Plus if any issues crop up we have Friday, which some of the office is absent because of Sunday work schedules to fix problems before the weekend.

With the Tuesday schedule we interfere less with our peak playing time on all our titles, and if things like exploits crop up we have Wednesday and Thursday to remedy them before the weekend. Personally our sleep and personal life schedule will suffer for this update, but the maintenance timing really would have been this years ago if it were possible.

#7 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Certainly

Our Thursday maintenance was done because all games must share a maintenance time due to billing system restarts and synchronization. We had a few games that required support from overseas on Thursday. So everything migrated to those times.

The problem is that is peak play time for our playerbase. Our peak is 1pm-8pm everyday, and us doing a maintenance right in the middle of it is bad. Plus if any issues crop up we have Friday, which some of the office is absent because of Sunday work schedules to fix problems before the weekend.

With the Tuesday schedule we interfere less with our peak playing time on all our titles, and if things like exploits crop up we have Wednesday and Thursday to remedy them before the weekend. Personally our sleep and personal life schedule will suffer for this update, but the maintenance timing really would have been this years ago if it were possible.

then in year or 2 you will change the time and date again, I thnk this is the 3 time maintenance being changed, and weather it peak time or not the player base has shrunk quite a bit

#8 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Well most of that is all good news, cant wait for most of it.

#9 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Good stuff coming up!

BTW is the KVM badge converter going to be permenant? Due to reasons i cannot explain i wont be able to log on to ro for about a month so im wondering if the exchanger will still be around next month.

#10 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

More usrc-like tournaments, wooo! -_-

... with renewal mechanics... :D

I guess it will be fun, but I would love more prerenewal mechanics tournaments xP.

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

I for one am glad to see item #13, I see this as a good like "data gathering" type experiment rather than a fun time thing. Hopefully this is filmed too for future reference in regards to the balancing patch. Posted Image

Edited by Inubashiri, 13 June 2011 - 08:24 PM.

#12 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Is there any update to the treasure system? Castle drops suck really bad.

Edited by Braska, 13 June 2011 - 08:42 PM.

#13 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

13, yes.

#14 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

The tournaments with renewal mechanics will be fine, you just need to ensure that the 13.3 skill balances are implemented, and perhaps some skills disabled (such as stasis, howl of mandragora, deep sleep, arullo, etc)

#15 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

I would agree with the DSL and HoM at the very least for this type of event given that everyone in the match would be on screen. I don't wanna see it as whoever can Howl or DSL first or the fastest.

Edited by Inubashiri, 13 June 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#16 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

Truthfully I wanted to do the renewal RWC to see how bad it would be if it was just "anything goes". And from there make adjustments towards more "balanced". Reason being is I'm curious if a real RWC is even entertaining to watch as the pre-renewal is. If everything is 1 shot potential there is a lessening of the tension as it becomes the first group to spam first. But I don't know if that is how it will play out, so I want to see it with my own group of pvp gods (you all) .

#17 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

I can guarantee that "Anything Goes" will not work at all. If skills like Stasis and Howling are allowed, the first person to get them off wins. The end.

#18 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

I gather what he's saying is, lets see how one or a few go with "anything goes" for us (the GMs) to see and adjust from there instead of taking stabs in the dark every week. But thats just me Posted Image

#19 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

Truthfully I wanted to do the renewal RWC to see how bad it would be if it was just "anything goes". And from there make adjustments towards more "balanced". Reason being is I'm curious if a real RWC is even entertaining to watch as the pre-renewal is. If everything is 1 shot potential there is a lessening of the tension as it becomes the first group to spam first. But I don't know if that is how it will play out, so I want to see it with my own group of pvp gods (you all) .

Allow anything goes but allow the whole any gear goes. Except god items. Include GTB,GR,DR stuff like that that requires you to swap gears in order to use it effectively.

#20 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Reason being is I'm curious if a real RWC is even entertaining to watch as the pre-renewal is. If everything is 1 shot potential there is a lessening of the tension as it becomes the first group to spam first.

Took the words right out my mouth. Pre-renewal it was extremely entertaining watching (and making) organized WoE videos (GvG), watching high tier guilds flow with each other was nice. Now its just a big cluster-_-. But alas... that's the future of Ragnarok Online for now.

Also with the 13.3 changes, might I make a suggestion to make neutral barrier and stealth fields 7x7 instead of 5x5? But that's another topic on its own I suppose.

Edited by cybernetic, 14 June 2011 - 01:36 AM.

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

Personally our sleep and personal life schedule will suffer for this update

I was about to make a comment about the new maintenance times, but you answered it before I could question about it. xD

#22 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

The tournaments with renewal mechanics will be fine, you just need to ensure that the 13.3 skill balances are implemented, and perhaps some skills disabled (such as stasis, howl of mandragora, deep sleep, arullo, cc, GoH, other sura skills i intentionally forgot to mention, derp, etc)

fixed that. your bigotry is showing a little hard in that thread

#23 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

limit to 1-2 fire expansions, hell plant. Disable Deadly Infection.

Edited by Braska, 14 June 2011 - 12:08 AM.

#24 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

fixed that. your bigotry is showing a little hard in that thread

Oh? Why do you sound so bitter?

If they would be doing USRC style events then they would also limit the kind of gear available. (Such as no +9 (or higher) kvm weapons. GoH is fine as it is, if you consider how the matches would play out. (Everyone on the front having Sacrifice, for example). Cursed Circle definitely should be disabled though.

#25 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

If you were to set up a USRC style event on say, a bi-monthly basis. You could award small amounts of WPS for teams not only participating but larger amounts for winners. Maybe 5 for participation, 10-15 for 2-4th and maybe 20 for the winner? You did say after all there would be other ways to earn WPS and so far there has only been one and that was USRC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users