• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

Hi, I'm currently having a problem opening Requiem.
I have reinstalled this game many times trying to fix the problem also following many different guild lines.

My game is fully updated and firewall is allowing it, Requiem was also added to my anti virus programs exception list.
As soon as I click start nothing happens, I use Task Manager to see if Requiem even opens.
Requiem shows in Task Manager for about 10 seconds then just disappears, no errors, just nothing.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit operation system.

If there is anything anyone knows how to do I'll be more then willing to try if I have not already done so, and yes each and every time I tried something new I completely removed requiem from my computer first.

***EDIT***
Yes I have had requiem on my computer before but not since I got Windows 7, I had Windows Vista and even then I had problems, but that was an update problem that was never fixed no matter what I tried.

Edited by midnightduske, 13 June 2011 - 11:57 PM.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

The game had a maintenance yesterday, maybe that was the problem, it works now?

Did you check the guide about how install the game in windows vista and seven? check my signature (press the "show button") to find it.

Also, the problem could be that the anti-virus or firewall are blocking it, wich ones do you use? The anti-virus exceptions some times arnt enough. Check the last posts here: http://forums.warppo...g-since-update/

#3 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

The game had a maintenance yesterday, maybe that was the problem, it works now?

Did you check the guide about how install the game in windows vista and seven? check my signature (press the "show button") to find it.

Also, the problem could be that the anti-virus or firewall are blocking it, wich ones do you use? The anti-virus exceptions some times arnt enough. Check the last posts here: http://forums.warppo...g-since-update/

I tried again today and still nothing, I followed all install guilds that requiem had to offer, I even tried things other people did and nothing.
I made sure my firewall was not blocking it as well as made sure my anti virus where not blocking it, I even tried reinstalling with my anti virus turned off which i shouldn't have to do, if its thinking its a virus its usaly a virus or an illegal type program.

I tried running the game in capability mode like loads have said and i always make sure all my games are run in administrator, thats the only thing that makes them work properly.

Each and every time I tried something new I uninstalled and made sure everything was delete and even removed from recycling, then reinstalled again.

I used to never have a problem with requiem.. what was changed since all these problems started to occur for a lot of people?

#4 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

http://forums.warppo...-mori-work-100/

This one seems to be a fix for patching, I dont have a problem with patching, the problem is the launcher/game after i click START when its done patching is when the game just stops working.
ill try it anyway, and if it dont work then what?

#5 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Oh and guess what. See same problem. Like i said, its not a patching problem, I tried to make that clear in my first post but that was missed i guess.
so manual patching is done, followed the steps exactly as they said, and still have the exact same problem, I'm pretty damn sure this is a requiem problem and nothing I or anyone else can do to fix it...

Ever since warpportal got involved was when requiem started to break, now it doesn't even work... Wish requiem would go back to the way it was.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

To know if the game was patched correctly, you can go to the requiem folder and open the version.dat file with notepad.

It should said:

UserGameVersion=00000419;
UserPatchVersion=00000419;

But if doesnt said that, dont modify it, just post it here.

Another thing that could be causing troubles is if you have the game installed in the Program Files folder. Try to move the installed game to the desktop and run the updaterusa.exe and see what happens. If it happens the same, then move it back to were it was because that wasnt the problem, but if that fix the problem, then move it to a folder outside the Program Files one.

Is also important to know wich anti-virus you have. Many people have problems with Comodo, for example, and some even needed to uninstall it.

You also can sumbit a ticket to the support center, that way you have a 2nd chance to get an answer if nobody is able to help you here. To sumbit a ticket, go here: https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx

#7 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

I'll try installing outside of program files, and I will not under any circumstances uninstall my anti virus program, if I have to that is something gravity needs to fix cuz it works with all other games i play

#8 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

Still did not work. and BTW I'm using avast!

#9 Hashnitor

Hashnitor

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

Hey there, i have the same problem, and a tryed all solutions mentioned above. A friend of mine who downloaded the game several days ago too has the same problem.

I saw, that if i click on the options tab no resolution is selected; if i select a resolution and click ok, it wont start up. If i select a resolution and click ok, then go back into the options no resolution is selected again. May that effect the startup of the game somehow?

Edited by Hashnitor, 18 June 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#10 Vasarae

Vasarae

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

I have the same issue. I am also on Windows 7, but the game ran fine on this system until the last update.

#11 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

It shows any error? Or when you press the start button nothing happens?

As it said here ( http://forums.warppo...__1#entry398362 ), if is the antivirus the one blocking the game, some times isnt enough to put the game in the exceptions.

If nothing happens it also could mean that something else is blocking the game, check here: https://support.warp...ng-requiem.aspx

I suggest you to sumbit a ticket to the support center https://support.warpportal.com/ tell them what happen and maybe add a link to this thread. I will send a personal message to Sakana and see if can check this thread.

#12 Hashnitor

Hashnitor

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

It doesnt show any errors, it just acts like if i would click the exit button instead of start.

Edit: I tried to send a ticket, but i cant register on the ticket site. if i click the register tab it wont load the register site, after a while my browser says its timed out.

Edited by Hashnitor, 19 June 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

Should check this:

Issues with installing, updating or launching Requiem successfully(article)
Installing Requiem on Windows 7 or Vista(guide)
Game Client Wont Launch(thread)
Update on Comodo Antivirus and Requiem(thread)

Also be sure you are running as administrator and maybe try to run the exe in compatibility mode with XP SP3.

If it helps anyone else, I managed to make my issue with Comodo (Firewall Only) go away by setting Requiem to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 (host os is Win 7 x64. Strange issue indeed.

Though sounds like people have already figured this out.

#14 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

It doesnt show any errors, it just acts like if i would click the exit button instead of start.

Edit: I tried to send a ticket, but i cant register on the ticket site. if i click the register tab it wont load the register site, after a while my browser says its timed out.

You dont need to register, just go to the support https://support.warpportal.com/ press the Sumbit Ticket link and pick the right options to sumbit a ticket to the requiem support center (Technical Support).

#15 Hashnitor

Hashnitor

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

i tried to send the ticket, but then this popped up:

Posted Image

#16 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationGravity Interactive, Buena Park, California
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

Alright, from the original posts description of the problem, this does not sound like a problem with the installation or with patching, nor do I believe it is the client application, except to say it is the client application which sounds as if it is being blocked by security software of one sort or another.

It may also be helpful to point out, if you are re-install Requiem:
Please use the link here instead of using any setup/install you may have previously downloaded. Because every single setup for the client will be quite old and add to your troubles, except the version released a month or two ago which is available now at Playrequiem.com.
Posted Image

Now then, back to the issue you described. Because, when you launch Requiem first a program called UPDATERUSA(.exe) is run which then runs Launcher2(.exe). It then checks for updates and runs PatchDownload(.exe) if necessary. Finally, Launcher2 runs Requiem(.exe) once the update is complete. So, as with running an application as an administrator, usually security software will recognize the child of any running application as having the same exceptions, but I imagine some will not and it is possible, since you describe seeing Requiem open for 10 seconds or less, you may have to make extra exceptions for the programs I mentioned above.

#17 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

I have turned off my anti virus so i no 100% it is not that, I then just now tried to add administrator to allow both Launchers as well as in the Systems folder I gave admin to the Requiem in there. I also noticed that when tried to open the game I did not have to click "Yes" again to allow admin so i turned that option off, so I don't have to click yes every time, and still nothing.

Also like i said previously I'm 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% sure it is NOT an updated error, I'm fully updated.
It cant be my anti virus because I turned it completely off, and it cant be an admin problem because I allowed everything.

Also everything I gave admin to I also allowed through my firewall.

#18 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

Turn off the antivirus may not be enough, check all the antivirus options and see if is blocking it in another place.

Hi guys! This is what I did to make mine work. I had comodo internet security which had the AV and Firewall bundle. Adding them to the Trusted files or disabling my firewall and av didn't work, but once I uninstalled it and the launcher worked. At first, I thought it was the av, but it was the firewall. If you have comodo, try removing it completely, then run the launcher and see if it works. This may only work for comodo users, but I try removing whatever firewall you have and see if it ends with the same result. Good luck!

Check for similar options in your anti virus:

In fact if you use Comodo it's quite easy.
Since the game is packed by freaky corean ppl, you must deactivate the execution flow control.
Defense+/Defense+ Settings/Execution Control Settings/Exclusions
there add Requiem.exe
And it works.

Maybe check if your firewall have the right ports open:

What ports do I need to open in my firewall for Requiem to connect?

Did they answer your tickets? Some additional info you can sumbit with the ticket: Directions for submitting a TASKLIST to Support

Last, if i was you, and i have the disk or installer for the anti-virus you are using, i would try to uninstall it, run requiem and see if it works. If it works, then install it again and try to run it, if doesnt work then check all the options, because something would be, whithout doubt, blocking it. If it doesnt work, then the antivirus wasnt the problem and you can install it again and start to check for other solutions.

#19 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

Firewall is allowing any port through for Requiem.
As for removing my anti virus well, I wont do that, ENLESS requiem will pay me for a new one, which will never happen.

So I give up on requiem really not worth all this effort when almost everything is buggy and all the good :o has been nerfed to hell.
If any other requiem player that reads this topic feel free to post more on this if you need help.

#20 SAMERC

SAMERC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationChile, South America
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

The most simple thing ive seen happening that causes this is not installing and running as an ADMIN on the computer. I run Win7 Ultimate 64 bit on my PC and Win7 Ultimate 32 bit on my Notebook. And i have never had any problems at all. Cept when i 1st installed it on my notebook and it wasnt as ADMIN it gave me the same problem. Uninstall - Clean Reinstall ( AS ADMINISTRATOR) - Run (AS ADMINISTRATOR) Hope it works bro cant believe u wanna quit this game cause of hickups in instalation files. Anyhows i hope that works and cyaz in da game. :)

Oh one last thing... did u check Windows Defender? Maybe that can block it but i dunno since i turn it off on my PC and dont use it. (It comes preinstalled in Windows 7) Atm im using Microsoft Security Essentials but before this i also had Avast and AVG and none of em gave me problems.

#21 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

The most simple thing ive seen happening that causes this is not installing and running as an ADMIN on the computer. I run Win7 Ultimate 64 bit on my PC and Win7 Ultimate 32 bit on my Notebook. And i have never had any problems at all. Cept when i 1st installed it on my notebook and it wasnt as ADMIN it gave me the same problem. Uninstall - Clean Reinstall ( AS ADMINISTRATOR) - Run (AS ADMINISTRATOR) Hope it works bro cant believe u wanna quit this game cause of hickups in instalation files. Anyhows i hope that works and cyaz in da game. :mellow:

Oh one last thing... did u check Windows Defender? Maybe that can block it but i dunno since i turn it off on my PC and dont use it. (It comes preinstalled in Windows 7) Atm im using Microsoft Security Essentials but before this i also had Avast and AVG and none of em gave me problems.

well if you read all above you can see that i installed as ADMIN as well as checked all firewall and anti virus. It's also very difficult not to quit a game you cant even play.

#22 SAMERC

SAMERC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationChile, South America
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

well if you read all above you can see that i installed as ADMIN as well as checked all firewall and anti virus. It's also very difficult not to quit a game you cant even play.

mmmm.... Some strange prob u having mate. Really wish i could help ya but.....

#23 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:04 AM

Looks like I came back. Since last update I have got to be able to open the game. It doesn't last long, Only opens to a black screen then it comes up with a "Program Has Stopped Resonding" error.

PLEASE for all those coming and saying that maybe its an UPDATE problem. TRUST ME IT IS NOT AN UPDATE PROBLEM. the update works 100% perfect!!!!!!

Any continued help with my issue would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Thank you for those who already tried to help me.

#24 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

Did you got an answer from the support center at any point?

#25 midnightduske

midnightduske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

no because every time i try it takes 20 min to load and ends up with a "connection reset" error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users