Some improvements to Eden Group and General Quests - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Some improvements to Eden Group and General Quests

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hey iRO Community :D
dear GM Team :(

I would like to suggest 2 Improvements wich might or might not increase the fun in this game. Please feel free to add stuff or give me feedback whether you like it or not. So thanks in advance :(

1. Eden Group

Eden Group is an awesome place to be, srsly I like to hang out there, listen to the old morroc music and get lost into memories.
While being there for a very long time 3 things came into my mind that are really missed there. For you dear GM's I would like to add that the upcoming suggestions could be made
available only for VIP Users (Cash ^^).

-> Let me save inside Eden Group ^_^ | Wouldn't that be nice ^^?
-> Add an INN Npc (with save option^^) | This + save option would be so awesome <3
-> Talk to the Warp lady and tell her she is annoying me with her repeating story that she learned lvl 10 Warp portal. I do not care... + Why dont you add Juno, Einbroch/ Einbech, Lighthalzen, Hugel, Rachel and Veins to it as well :D?
-> Add an Arrow/ Tool Dealer as well?

2. Quests

As an old RO Player I really enjoyed doing Quests from time to time if I was bored from the endless grind to shiny shiny :D
I not only enjoyed the Story (especially Arc Quests) but also the EXP they were given me. Even at lvl 90+ most of the Quests still gave me 10%+ each turn in.
I really dont know why you reduced them so much to the point they arent even worth the time AND afford anymore, expecially cause of the fact that you need really high lvl monsterdrops for even low lvl quests (Such as Hugel Quests.... huray for being lvl 70...) and end up with maybe wasting 2-3 hours questing, getting an almost worthless crap item such as OBB,OVP and maybe 0,1% at higher lvl. I do not demand to make them godlike and give me 12320130129exp per turn in but pls make them worth the time again -_-
Right now I could even make 10x the exp in the same amount I need to make only 1 crap Quest, this removes a very fun system from the game and leaves us to the endless grinding ...

I would also like to add the idea of making every Quest Ingame repeatable with the help of an Reset Stone... did you know that you forget really everything when you eat them?

Well thats it,

I would love to hear from you and get some feedback <3

PS: Yeah, Grammar and proper english died long ago (RIP!) but damn im from germany so dont blame me, I gave my best <3

Edited by Juno, 14 June 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#2 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

1. Eden Group

Eden Group is an awesome place to be, srsly I like to hang out there, listen to the old morroc music and get lost into memories.
While being there for a very long time 3 things came into my mind that are really missed there. For you dear GM's I would like to add that the upcoming suggestions could be made
available only for VIP Users (Cash ^^).

-> Let me save inside Eden Group ^_^ | Wouldn't that be nice ^^?
-> Add an INN Npc (with save option^^) | This + save option would be so awesome <3
-> Talk to the Warp lady and tell her she is annoying me with her repeating story that she learned lvl 10 Warp portal. I do not care... + Why dont you add Juno, Einbroch/ Einbech, Lighthalzen, Hugel, Rachel and Veins to it as well -_-?
-> Add an Arrow/ Tool Dealer as well?

Saving and Tool Shops seem like it might hurt the atmosphere of towns by pulling people out of them. Eden's isn't that big in the first place, and I wouldn't want to see other towns more empty than they already are.

There already is an NPC that fully recovers your HP/SP (the chef in the room to the right), though it's not very visible.

p.s. I also agree that quests should give much more EXP. Pre-Renewal amounts are perfectly reasonable.

#3 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

Yea, the GMs don't seem to realise how awfully low the exp rewards are.

They made seal2, a repeatable, easily faster than 20min, quest give 5m exp, which is 30% of all exp rewards from quests in the game, 30% being report to new world, 10% being seal3 and 30% being all the other quests together.

Apparently there is not just 15m to gain from quests, but 30m, oh my god Posted Image. Although no one knows where the missing 15m are from.

If you put the exp4cash aka seal2 and the bugged report to new world on the side, you're left with quests which usually take 3 hours to finish and give 200k exp.

lol

They could make all the quests in the game give 10 times as many exp as they do, and seal2 would still be superior.

#4 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

The veins warp need to be at least added to the NPc in juno.

The quest Exp Also does need to be looked at for alot of the old non repeatable quests.

#5 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

The veins warp need to be at least added to the NPc in juno.

The quest Exp Also does need to be looked at for alot of the old non repeatable quests.

You can warp to veins using this route: Juno>Rachel>Veins (yes there is a warp fron rachel to veins using the cool event corp)
or Airship>Rachel>Veins

#6 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

Definitely agree with fixing quest EXP, even stuff like rachel sanc quest is much, much too low.-_-

#7 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

You can warp to veins using this route: Juno>Rachel>Veins (yes there is a warp fron rachel to veins using the cool event corp)
or Airship>Rachel>Veins

Ah did not know. Thanks for the info.

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

Disable Vending in Eden Group to prevent it from becoming another crammed Prontera market street please.

#9 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

But thats easier for the newbies to buy discounted supplies without having to go through any towns endless spam storms.

I make a few hundred thousands when I'm there -_-

I do stay at the sides just like half of the merchants/vendslaves.

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

But thats easier for the newbies to buy discounted supplies without having to go through any towns endless spam storms.

I make a few hundred thousands when I'm there :D

I do stay at the sides just like half of the merchants/vendslaves.

Yeah...HALF of them. -_- There's just as many people committing fraud there by overcharging as there are people giving huge discounts.

#11 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

That's why I sell thousands of fwings, white pots and a few hundred bwings because of those who overprice supplies -_-

#12 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

show some love dear gm's give us an no or yes pls^^

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

Also could be made any Eden Quest giving zeny instead of EXP.

And for story quests. They are not repeatable, so they really should give better exp.

Problem with the exp not being scaled with the level? Change the level requirement ^_^

#14 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

Disable Vending in Eden Group to prevent it from becoming another crammed Prontera market street please.

dammit... im actually agreeing with TK. its way crowded in there anyways without shops jamming up the place

#15 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

I haven't been vending for a while now but I don't see this ^ happening.

Not this June :blink:

#16 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

ones i generally see on ymir are buy shops, vends, and some guild recruiters. now that the old hat turn in box is there, several vends litter the top and bottom of the place

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users