Alternative Client 0.1.66 New Origins - Page 3 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Alternative Client 0.1.66 New Origins

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#51 omGeo

omGeo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

So you Mean i just have to extract the part 1 i have to do a right click on the part 1 select the folder and then Extract it ?

Yea.. I think he means extract only part 1. It's an archived type rar setup. If you download all 3 and they're in the same location, extracting the 1st one will also begin extracting the 2nd and 3rd once the 1st one is done.

#52 NewYorkBlvd

NewYorkBlvd

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:04 AM

For those who have downloaded the client and have done a complete installation, but are having patch issues from New Origins, this is a temporary solution to the issue until we are able to provide a new client to the site.

What am I downloading?
- By downloading the three files below, this is a complete client up to v.0.1.66. This should be able to get you past the initial New Origins patch so that you can get past the patching errors and channel select errors.

What is different about using this client compared to my current one?
- The biggest difference is that you are not running the game off of the DragonSaga.Exe file like the full installation allows you to. It will auto-run the patcher with the icon that it creates. For this one, you will need to run the patcher file in order to properly patch, which becomes very tedious in the long run. So this is the reason why we consider this as a temporary resolution for those that are affected. It is not recommended to use this client as your normal client. If you are able to use the Full Installer from the site or the alternative link, we suggest you do so.

How To Use This Method:
1. Rename your Dragon Saga folder to something else or uninstall the previous Dragon Saga installation.
2. Download the three files to a separate folder of it's own. *Highly Important*
3. Make sure you have a fairly updated version of Winrar.
4. Extract the first of the three files as it will extract from the other two afterwards by itself.
5. Extract to this folder to C:\Program Files\Gravity (It should be in it's own Dragon Saga folder)
6. Run the "Patcher.exe" file inside the Dragon Saga folder. (You can right-click the icon and select "Create Shortcut" to create a copy of the file. That file can be cut and pasted on to your Desktop for convenience)

Again, we apologize for the delay it took to have a resolution to this issue. We thank you everyone for your patience and support.

Please download ALL 3 Files:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Are you kidding me... It takes 3 friken hours just to download the first one.

#53 NewYorkBlvd

NewYorkBlvd

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

So now im just going to download the other dragonica.

#54 WeltallOfId

WeltallOfId

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

Megaupload currently is slow in general which is probably a server side problem. Either have some patience and wait a day to download it or download the other dragonica that will have more lag or even the other one that will not have the latest expansion. If you will use a free download manager like jdownloader your download speed will probably triple if not more.

Edited by WeltallOfId, 19 September 2011 - 08:47 AM.

#55 Xaer

Xaer

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

I had several problems with the 0.1.29 installer from the main site. i can't believe this hasn't been updated yet. i mean this alternative download is up since june. anyways, i really hope this one works^^

Update: It finally works, thank you very much -_-

Edited by Xaer, 20 September 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#56 AeonDrake

AeonDrake

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

First,thanks for this.The client on the main site wasn't working here.
Now, when extracting the files in this post, an error happened when I extracted the file "3_world.dat".
In my folder, the file has 226 KB, is this the correct file size?Because when I select a channel, the game crashes.
Can someone help me?

#57 Zachlit

Zachlit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

First,thanks for this.The client on the main site wasn't working here.
Now, when extracting the files in this post, an error happened when I extracted the file "3_world.dat".
In my folder, the file has 226 KB, is this the correct file size?Because when I select a channel, the game crashes.
Can someone help me?

same 4 me, i just think that we just fix it then re-patch

#58 totocoro

totocoro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Can someone upload this somewhere else? I've been downloading from other sites and torrents all perfectly fine. But Megaupload keeps freezing and canceling /:

HELP PLEASE.

Edited by totocoro, 04 October 2011 - 07:50 AM.

#59 Ivanvic

Ivanvic

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

is their a faster way to download the 3 files my computer is BURNING(meaning its overheating) just for the downloads to finish.

#60 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

There currently is not another alternative.

#61 Shukuxe

Shukuxe

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Takes.. so... long... T_T
WHY MEGAUPLOAD. WHYYYYYY!!

#62 Jonathan15

Jonathan15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

it works, it really works :DDD

#63 Jonathan15

Jonathan15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

Takes.. so... long... T_T
WHY MEGAUPLOAD. WHYYYYYY!!

it may take a while but it definately works

#64 Shukuxe

Shukuxe

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

it may take a while but it definately works

Yup. The last 2 parts were quick cause of less traffic at night, but the first one took 6 hours -.-
Yay I can play ;)

#65 Chirpe

Chirpe

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:53 AM

I'd rather shoot myself than to use Megaupload, the host that can turn a 2.5gb/sec speed to 78kb/sec. x-x;
Edit: Forced a friend into letting me borrow her premium account. I'd settle for 1.4gb instead of ^ any day.

Edited by Chirpe, 27 October 2011 - 03:14 AM.

#66 Shawnus

Shawnus

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

^Agreed.^
Megaupload turns my 30mb/second connection into a 47 kb/second connection. It's not that the site is currently running slow, it's that you have to be a paid subscriber to actually download at a decent speed.

Sorry, I already pay for my internet connection, I'm not paying for you to take your "limiter" off your site.

Off to *ugh* the other crappy company that runs a dragonica client.

Edited by Shawnus, 30 October 2011 - 05:22 AM.

#67 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

what other hosts do you suggest?

#68 EpicGnome

EpicGnome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

I have decent internet speed, using google chrome, and its showing part 1 as going to take me a day to download it, then jumps to 19 hours and pauses o-o I really hope this isn't going to take THAT long and its just an error. 1) Use something other than megaupload to speed up stuff 2) Fix the damn site already so alternative uploads aren't the only way to get this game working :thumb:. I have never once been able to download Dragon Saga from the actual download page since I started playing over a year or two ago. When I played old Dragonica it was really better to be honest. Never had such problems :sigh:. I love WarpPortal but still, this is kinda getting old with always have to use alternatives, may just be an HP thing for all I know. Easy solution would be to just have a torrent available of the most up to date installer. Using UTorrent is a lot faster than MegaUpload. It is not like it wouldn't have enough seeders.

Edited by EpicGnome, 30 October 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#69 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

Nolan said that they were going to get an updated installer on the main website right before the big server move but unfortunately the crash problems began so I think they got swamped with that issue instead.

Megaupload is one of the best free services for the uploader but pretty meh for the downloader.

Edited by Himeyasha, 30 October 2011 - 12:39 PM.

#70 EpicGnome

EpicGnome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

I still think setting up a torrent would be the best for most people. Its easy and fast. And another issue I noticed. I used to always be able to play full screen on my 1024x600 netbook. Then that went away cause it gave me errors (Errors I was told would be fixed months upon months ago). It still does it. I try to play it in windowed mode like I had to after the "error" and now it opens up a screen and won't let me move the log in box and it is too big for the 1024x600 resolution. I mean seriously. No progress was made to fix it and now its just worse :thumb: What is Warp Portal doing to Dragon Saga? All this junk is starting to make me want to go back to Maple Story and I hate Nexon with a burning passion.

Edited: I manipulate my settings to allow my screen to allow things bigger than the max resolution, and I can't even move my character around. It isn't frozen because I can open and close menus just can't move. :sigh: This is seriously getting old.

Edited by EpicGnome, 31 October 2011 - 12:04 PM.

#71 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

Anyone having speed issues with megaupload should look into getting a copy of the program JDownloader I use it anytime I download anything from megaupload and get constant speeds around 250 KB/s (my connection isn't that good in general and I'm far from their servers) it will also restart failed or disconnected downloads when megaupload would normally not let you.

#72 iFailedx

iFailedx

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Uh... Guys, I downloaded the three parts ._. and uh extracted them into a file (on my desktop cuz when I tried to extract them in the gravity folder it didn't let me) now, the patcher was... well, patching and suddenly an error pops up: "Failed to patch" ._. what do I do? XD (also, I didnt erase the one I downloaded first from the webpage before this one)

#73 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

it might be because maint started. I don't know if maint messes with patching

#74 iFailedx

iFailedx

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

it might be because maint started. I don't know if maint messes with patching

Oh... I'll try tomorrow then xD thanks for the answer n_n

#75 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

you should also follow the instructions and remove all other copies of the client before installing this one

not doing so can lead to errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users