auto-follow not working - RO Bug Reporting Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

auto-follow not working

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kyrephare

Kyrephare

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

For the past couple days I haven't been able to use my characters to auto-follow if the follower has used a skill (like Bless/Agi).

Being hit doesn't seem to matter or anything else from what I can tell but you can auto-follow (shift right click on a person)until a person uses skills on a map. Now you can auto-follow again if you go to character select or change maps, but it wont work again until you do one of those two things.

I tested it through multiple clients and having a friend try it out.
This was working at least a couple days ago, after the anniversary event started up, but I don't remember exactly when started.

#2 Fanny

Fanny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

/NC, make sure auto attack is off

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

there are things you can do that break autofollow until you relog. This has been the case for as long as RO has existed.

Would love to see this one fixed, but i doubt it ever will be.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 June 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#4 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

I've also found that sometimes if you don't hold down long enough on the right click it won't work but that's probably not it its probably the /nc issue

#5 Kyrephare

Kyrephare

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

there are things you can do that break autofollow until you relog. This has been the case for as long as RO has existed.

Would love to see this one fixed, but i doubt it ever will be.

I was able to do it no problem a few days ago, I was perfectly slaving myself with no issues it never broke.

This includes autoattacking on the lead client (I dont think I had it on the follower client).

Edited by Kyrephare, 14 June 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

I was able to do it no problem a few days ago, I was perfectly slaving myself with no issues it never broke.

This includes autoattacking on the lead client (I dont think I had it on the follower client).

Nothing has been changed w/regards to autofollow for years.

The behavior of autofollow is just plain inconsistent. Sometimes it breaks more easily than others - i've experienced the same sort of thing, where some days i'll get lucky and it will work like a charm, and other days, it'll just keep breaking. Restarting client sometimes helps. Also recheck settings, both /nc and /ns should be off for best results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users